PDA

View Full Version : Nymph's kiss

Colin
02-01-2010, 09:01 AM
as english is not my primary language i some times have problems understanding the real definition of words, and therefore i would like to hear what you guys think.

In the book of exalted deeds, page 44, there's the feat Nymph's kiss, which has the benefit of giving PC's a +2 circumstance bonus to all charisma-related checks.

One of my players has taken this feat with his paladin, and therefore want's the +2 to all his saving throws, because of divine grace.

So this is my question, will it work because all his saves are charisma-related...?

Or alternativly, are saves also checks...? (it only aplies to checks, but is a save a check)

Karrius
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
This would not work. "Checks" are very specifically only skill checks (such as Diplomacy) or Ability Checks (such as making a strength check to break down a door). A save does not count as a check.

wizarddog
02-01-2010, 05:06 PM
As Karrius stated there is a distinction between checks and saves.

If he wants +2 to his saves, that's what Greater Fortitude, Iron will, and Lightning Reflexes are all about.

cplmac
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I will third this and agree with Karrius and Wizarddog on this matter in that Saves are not the same as Checks.

Pushkins
02-13-2010, 09:57 PM
To be fourth confirming this, no Saves are not checks

However, Nymph's Kiss:
Fey creatures regard you as though you were fey. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-related checks and a +l bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities. Starting with the level when you take this feat, you gain 1 extra skill point per level.

So he would get a +1 bonus to all saves against spells or spell like abilities

Dixon_West
03-03-2010, 07:05 AM
A +2 to Charisma sounds AWESOME. Like imagine if it is some player who looks like crap, and he rolls like a natural 20, on a DC: 15 role, all I can think of is a butt-ugly Half-Orc's lips, curing around a gnome woman's face, saliva dripping down his green chin, so that they can get a map, and the woman says "Oh, se-xy!" and tackles him. That would be AWESOME.

Dixon_West
03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
a +2 to charisma would be awesome. I can only imagine the sight of a little dwarf woman in a tavern, and an orc trying to talk her out of a map. After constant failing he is resorted to using "Nymphs Kiss" and hsi slimy green lips wrap around her wrinkled face. That would make ma laugh so hard :lol:

The Magic King
03-04-2010, 06:50 AM
It will not improve his saves as the others have concluded.

LucifeR
03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
A +2 to Charisma sounds AWESOME. Like imagine if it is some player who looks like crap, and he rolls like a natural 20, on a DC: 15 role, all I can think of is a butt-ugly Half-Orc's lips, curing around a gnome woman's face, saliva dripping down his green chin, so that they can get a map, and the woman says "Oh, se-xy!" and tackles him. That would be AWESOME.

:ballchain: WHAT?! how dose that help the question at ALL?!

lol no but yeah. that would only help with the skillz. i agree with the top posts

Pushkins
03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
It will not improve his saves as the others have concluded.

Book of Exhalted Deeds pg 44

"Nymph's Kiss :
By maintaining an intimate relationship with a good-aligned fey (such as a nymph or dryad), you gain some of the characteristics of fey.
Benefit: Fey creatures regard you as though you were fey. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-related checks and a +l bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities. Starting with the level when you take this feat, you gain 1 extra skill point per level."

Indeed there is a Bonus to saves

Dr.Dead
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I would also agree about the checks and save but I like the extra skill point per lvl as well.

I have a question what is your primary language if you don't mind me asking?

Dixon_West
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
:ballchain: WHAT?! how dose that help the question at ALL?

It doesn't. It is just awesome. I can't answer the question :/ Now you made me feel bad.

Dr.Dead
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
LOL. Personne ne connaissent le franšais?
That does not answer it either. LOL

LucifeR
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
It doesn't. It is just awesome. I can't answer the question :/ Now you made me feel bad.

but you already did answer the question X_X