PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk: 2050

glistam108
01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
This is an Internet based game that uses the Unisystem rules set created by Eden Studios. Specifically the game uses the All Flesh Must Be Eaten core rule book in conjunction with the All Tomorrows Zombies Sci-Fi expansion. Ironically, there are no zombies in this game, just the system has proved a good fit for this specific story. Character creation is a point buy system which allows for great flexibility and customization.

The setting is reminiscent of Shadowrun and elements of the popular Deus Ex series of video games, set in a future USA where government has nearly been replaced by massive corporation and privatized security forces. The players are mercenaries of sorts with a variety of skillsets for hire, available to any client willing to pay the right price. Teams are arranged on a mission-by-mission basis.

Some addition information is available on the campaign's Obsidian Portal site: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/cy2050

This is not a traditional “Shadowrun” game, as there is no magic or non-human races and psionics are the only metaphysical aspect, and even those are quite rare. Players outfit themselves with cybernetic enhancements, high tech gadgets, and versatile nanotechnology. The system affords players a fair bit creativity to make their character concept and gear, with GM guidance.

We are open to using some online game software besides the Obsidian Portal, but as of yet we don't have anything required or planned. Player interest can change this. Text chat of some kind (Gmail, AIM) is recommended to get started with.

Thanks!

brainycat
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm interested in playing. How soon do you want to get the game started? I've never played Unisystem before; do you mind carrying a noob for a while until I learn it? Also, you mention teams based on missions. Are you looking to run a series of short games, for which I'd generate new characters?

Thanks!

florent
02-10-2010, 09:06 AM
How funny ! I'm actually running an online campaign with the same name from a French Forum:

Go there and scroll down until you see the banners, and you'll see what I mean: http://jdrvirtuel.azureforum.com/forum.htm

That's the only common point though, as I use a heavily modified version of the original Cyberpunk 2020 game system (Interlock) and my campaign is a mix of the original Cyberpunk 2020 univers, the world of the Hardwired novel by Walter John Williams, with the Tech. level of Ghost in the Shell. I run my game vocal with Teamspeak and use Maptool for all the mapping/chat/dice rolls.

However I'm very glad to see there are other games going on that are Cyberpunk without magic or elves...

I'd actually be interested in joining your game, but it'll really depend on when it's happening.

brainycat
02-11-2010, 12:40 PM
That sounds fun, makes me wish I knew french! Hardwired is one of my favorite books of all time, in that pure entertainment pulp kind of way.