PDA

View Full Version : New D&D 4E player looking for PBP game

xx-Crusader-xx
01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
HI!
I am somewhat of a new player here, being that I just joined yesterday night. I have some experience with D&D, but I have only played in a 4e setting so far. I started playing around 2 years ago while working at a summer camp and we would meet up once4 a week to do a little D&D. Our DM eventually stopped working at the camp, so I need another means to fuel my new-found addiction for this game.
I'm planning to make a new character soon using the demo version of the D&D 4e character generator. I have used this program before, and I really like it. So, Ill attach a copy of a character sheet that I am making RIGHT NOW, lol. I would have liked to see if there is a group somewhere close to where I live, or where I can take public transit to because I do not have a car :(. But in the meantime, I can get to know this community here by playing some of the PBP games.
By the way... I LOVE this forum. I'm really excited that I came across it last night. :)

DemonPenguin
02-12-2010, 12:19 AM
If you find a game try to get me in Lol. Yeah I am new aswell and am looking to play a Dragonborn barbarian I'll get my sheet ready in a little.

TheBlackDragon
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll join a new 4e game as well if one turns up.

xx-Crusader-xx
02-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, this has been up for a month-ish and i still havent gotten any posts... maybe because im really not active on the forums yet.

TheBlackDragon
02-13-2010, 03:03 PM
That makes three of us who posted recently, so if anyone wants to DM one you'd have a player base to start from.

Tim Proctor
02-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey I'm hosting a 3.5 game, it's not 4e but it's still good. I'm looking for 2 players to join, I can possibly fit 3 (but that'd be stretching it).

It's a military campaign in a semi-standard fantasy world. Basically the group is part of an alliance military that just entered a massive war against Gnolls. They are part of a legendary company that has been assigned to be the bodyguards of two diplomats Cyrus and Darius.

The two diplomats are negotiating a lasting alliance with the north kingdoms (about 7 of them), and a few Corporations don't like the fact that they're going to loose some money so they're out to kill the two diplomats.

We're using the forum here for the Soft Roleplay, and we're using MapTool from RPTools.net for Combat. It's one of those games that you play in the morning for 5 minutes, and 5 minutes in the evening, then a couple hours once a week when there is combat.

xx-Crusader-xx
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Tim, I just started playing D&D about 2 years ago, and the only way I know to play is 4e. Id have to find a group somewhere around where I live that plays 3.5 so that I can get acquainted with the mechanics of that version before I start doing PBP's in it. Thanks for the notice anyways, but maybe one or two of the other posters in this thread might be interested.

Yuugi
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Sign me up for this group, too.

Necron99
02-15-2010, 10:48 PM
I would be up for another 4e PbP game as well, if someone DMs it

Groqx
02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I am currently running a 4e pbp game called The Darkenfel, Book II. You can lurk on the site at:
http://newworld.freepowerboards.com/index.php

I use an on-line dice roller and tactical-grid coordinate maps for combat.

More EXP is granted for good role-playing than combat in this game.

I am looking for players even though the game has been on-going for a while. Some players have dropped out over time. We need a Rogue and a Wizard. The starting level is 9 because that is the lowest level of the players at the moment. Email me at:
groqx@verizon.net if interested and register on that site.

GhostToast
03-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I registered here just to respond to this post. I'm looking into getting into an online or pbp game. I have been playing 4e for about a year now with my group. Not quite ready to DM. Groqx, if you're still needing a player for your group I might be interested. Or if there's another DM starting something up, let me know. I'll email you too.

Groqx
03-11-2010, 05:13 AM
I am looking forward to your email Ghost Toast!

GozerTC
04-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Hmm... well I have GM'ed 4e and several PbP games in the past but I'm not sure how one would go about setting one up here. Feel free to to PM if you're still interested and in the mean time I'll start looking into how to start a game here. If not here we can always do PBeM instead. :)

GhostToast
04-17-2010, 07:05 AM
i just joined the guys over here:
http://newworld.freepowerboards.com/viewforum.php?f=11
and am having a really good time so far. i can't speak for the DM, but i'm pretty sure we could benefit from more players if you are interested in joining a game-in-progress.

Groqx
04-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes, GhostToast is quite right we could use more players. Especially someone willing to play a wizard, Rogue, or Warlord. The game has been going on for some months and is nearing the end of the first major adventure. But it will continue. The starting level for this 4e game is 10 at the moment.