PDA

View Full Version : FR Interactive Atlas...

RealmsDM
02-09-2007, 12:52 PM
my god... I know I have this CD laying around somewhere, and it's selling for upwards of $100!!! :eek:
what's the deal?!? If memory serves, I lost track of it because it was cheesy. Any thoughts???:confused:

MortonStromgal
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Simple supply and demand. Now that computers are more common, they don't make it anymore.

Moritz
10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.profantasy.com/fratlas/fratlashome.htm

Dimthar
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I foresee a comeback of the Atlas in whatever "Map" Generator software they will use for the 4th Edition.

Some say Forgotten will be the official setting for 4th, so it makes a little sense.

I have the Atlas, and "Shared" a printed color copy of "Cormyr / Sembia" to my PCs (players) for 50 gp (Coke and Pizza).

Skunkape
11-13-2007, 08:07 AM
I got the atlas quite a few years ago and still like it. I think it's a great resource for ideas for my own game world!

Dimthar
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I love my "FR Atlas", now is obsolete!

Damn you Vista!!!!

tesral
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I love my "FR Atlas", now is obsolete!

Damn you Vista!!!!

Have you tried compatablity mode? Just a suggestion, I have no windows later than XP and don't use it much at all.

mrken
06-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I love my "FR Atlas", now is obsolete! Damn you Vista!!!!

Nothing is obsolete as long as you use it. I still have an old 486 I use just for the purpose of playing a few old games I still love. When people hear I still have that machine they laugh, but it still functions for me. Just like some of my old source material from the early eighties. If I can still use it it is not obsolete.

tesral
06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Nothing is obsolete as long as you use it. I still have an old 486 I use just for the purpose of playing a few old games I still love. When people hear I still have that machine they laugh, but it still functions for me. Just like some of my old source material from the early eighties. If I can still use it it is not obsolete.

Much older software does not run on newer versions of windows. That is somewhat addressed with the compatibility mode. I have a National Geographic map program in the same boat. You try to install it and it says "Windows 95 not detected", and shuts down. It does install and run in compatibility mode.

boulet
06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
DosBox has been doing an awesome job for me when I play abandonware on XP. It seems it works on Vista too. I'm not sure what software your atlas is, but could be worth trying !