PDA

View Full Version : Gear List Ideas Needed

Karrius
01-23-2010, 12:15 AM
So I'm writing up a sci-fi fantasy game, heavily based off of Outlaw Star, Star Fox, Mass Effect, Star Wars, and similar. Space travel, magic, and psionics all play a role. I need a list of utility gear for players to own, and that I need to include stats for. I want to note I'm specifically looking for UTILITY stuff - no guns, please. Here are some of my ideas:

Goggles stuff you put over your eyes, these let you see better in a certain way:
Thermal vision
Nightvision
X-Ray vision
Magic sight (see magical auras)
Telescopic vision

Detectors a device you carry around and point at stuff like the Ghostbusters, these can detect one of the following:
Radio waves
Magical energy
Psychic energy
Radiation

Medical Kit
Tracking Bugs
Laser cutters
Glass cutters
Shoulder-mounted floodlight
Grappling hook
Camo suit
Gecko Gloves
Trip Wires (both laser and physical wire, connected to grenades)
Psychic Disruptor (creates mental 'static')
Psychic Suppression Helm (for prisoners, keeps them from using psychic powers)
Rebreathers
Chaff grenades

Any other things I should add?

DarQuing
01-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Rope of some kind
tool kits of various types (hacking, engineers, magic user's, etc)
rations

Karrius
01-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Special types of rope may be a good idea.

Tool kits I'm a little torn on. I'm not sure if I want to have special stats for them, or just assume that anyone with mechanics skill has all the tools he needs.

Rations won't be included. I should clarify - I'm specifically looking for stuff I have to write rules for. So while I need a rule on how to using batman's grappling hook, I probably won't need one for batman's bat cookie (actual batman item).

Blydden
01-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Don't forget detectors for Microwave Rays and Gamma Rays and X-rays. :p

Razmus
01-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Hmm. Brainstorming. A few off the top of the head:

- Holographic Projectors (Illusion Generators)
- Personal computers with relevant database libraries
- Antigrav (contragrav) devices to cancel/decrease gravitational effects on equipment/supplies. (Up to the GM whether it cancels inertia as well. ;-) )
- Flash-bang grenades
- Goggle options to go dark super fast, and noise cancellation devices to mitigate effects of flash-bang grenades
- Superglue, and superscience superglue
- Super-sticky spray foam. (Ever use 'Great Stuff' expanding insulation foam? Imagine something like that with future materials research as a grenade!)
- Emergency vacuum shelter. (Probably an inflatable plastic bubble with air supply.)
- Magnetic Grapple
- Magnetic slip-ons for boots or Magnetic shoes
- Water container
- Solvent (Acetone ?)
- Filter mask
- Personal Communicators / Vehicle(mobile) communicators / Ship communicators / Base communicators
- Communication Jamming devices

I'll come back later if I think of more later.