PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft

kyp2131
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Was planning to start dming my first game in ravenloft. any suggestions on must see places to start? will have a group of 5. anyone no where to get good maps of the areas?

thanks for any help

Arkhemedes
01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
If you're into Ravenloft, you might try www.fraternityofshadows.com. It's a website for Ravenloft enthusiasts. They have maps and a whole lot more. And you might also look up the Gardens of Stone group here on P&PG, which is a group devoted to Ravenloft and moderated by yours truly. There's all kinds of info there that might answer your question. Heck, you might even consider joining the group. I've been running Ravenloft for almost 20 years now - so, I might be able to answer some of your questions. But as far as where to start in Ravenloft, I would say that it all depends on what kind of resource material you have to start out with. You should pick an area (and perhaps a module) that you have a decent amount of info on.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any more specific questions.

Dixon_West
03-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I am SOOOO many bad memories from when my DM put me in a Ravenloft campaign. Not that it was SO bad. I mean, I got to try and seduce Strad just to have him kill me many a time. It is a good experience to teach a party team work. But don't have them go through the whole game without seeing the dungeon where his tomb is (Not that it is hard not too) I remember, in one of the rooms, my friend kept transporting into a Weight's tomb, and the weight transported into his armor. However, he was wearing 300 pound armor, and was still in his light load. this happened 500 times, and we crushed to death 5 weights.