PDA

View Full Version : CA - San Fernando Valley - DnD 3.5 - LFP

Storma
01-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Loren, I am 23, and I am in need of players for a DnD 3.5 game. My usual group is not working out, all due to schedules and people moving away or just not into it anymore. There still 4 of us trying to make something happen, but usually it's only 1 or 2 players who can actually make it, and unless there are 2 or more players we usually just cancel the game. So I am here now trying to find some people willing to give me and my small group a shot, and hopefully not letting our gaming days come to an end.

We play DnD 3.5, and have lots of books to use for character making, all 3.5 DnD books, 20+ atleast.

It's a home made world but similar to some forgotten realms, idk, we never really play in a world, the current world I have has been molded by years of gaming and player choices.

We don't restrict player choices, so for the most part any race/class is all good, any variants you care to try out is also cool. I make sure any player option you choose to pick, you have the option to utilize.

I like to mold the story/adventure around the players, this makes any combination of classes the players make easy to play and not get forced into doing any extra work.

We make characters differently often, if the players want to start at higher levels, or a certain alignment, etc...I am pretty experienced at DMing so I can put together anything on the fly to make sure to keep up with the unpredictable choices and directions the players choose to take.

We get together, hang out in the garage which is set up as a nice gaming area, role dice, advance a story/world and characters, and have a good time. We play afternoons into evenings, dinner is usually involved at some point in the night, snacks, drinks, we like to keep things comfortable.

We range in ages from 23 to 31, many of us played since 2nd edition. We are all hoping for some new players. So send me a private message on here, or email me at LinkStorma@aol.com (ignore that name lol) or reply here, and please be sure to check my profile on here for more info.

thanks and I really hope to get some responses, none of us have played for a long time now, and hoping to get something going and enjoy this great game once again.

Repairman Jack
01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey Loren,

My name is John. I'm interested in your game. Tell me a little more about it and your group. I currently have two groups I game with, some people overlapping. I've been playing since 1975, the original white box set. My current groups play on alternating Fiday and Saturday evenings. One group on Friday, the next week the other group on Saturday. We play pretty open, but still in set worlds. I run Pathfinder, another guy runs Forgotten Realms. One thing, we don't use miniatures. How about your group?

John

Storma
01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Hey Loren,

My name is John. I'm interested in your game. Tell me a little more about it and your group. I currently have two groups I game with, some people overlapping. I've been playing since 1975, the original white box set. My current groups play on alternating Fiday and Saturday evenings. One group on Friday, the next week the other group on Saturday. We play pretty open, but still in set worlds. I run Pathfinder, another guy runs Forgotten Realms. One thing, we don't use miniatures. How about your group?

John

I PMed you some details, thanks for replying. I hope to hear back from some more people as well.

To answer some of the above here, we seldom use miniatures unless the players want to bust them out. I have the legendary dragon minis, and lots of other mini box sets through out the years, plus some area grid maps, dry erase boards, the fun stuff, but we rarely take it all out. I sometimes use it for big planned battles, make a stage, the minis, etc...but that is all for fun. So I guess it depends on the night and the mood.

inkblue
01-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I too have been playing a good long while, maybe 1979 at the latest. I currently play not too far away in Van Nuys on Wednesdays, but would like to see if your game is truly my style. More than one night of D&D just means more fun anyway.
In my current group we sometimes have nights of virtually no combat, which is totally cool when everyone is into his/her character's development and interaction. I've been a DM for years as well as a player, so I know both sides of the coin.
Let me know if you want to know more. :)

Curtis