PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a gaming group of Role-Players

Richard
01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I am looking for an established gaming group anywhere in the DFW area for a steady once a week game session of no less than six hours in length. I have a very flexible schedule and can usually make time to meet other playersí game-day and game-time needs.

I am open to playing just about any game or genre with the exception of super-hero type games. A group that likes to switch gears to a different GM, campaign or game system once in awhile is perfect for me. My preferences lean toward historical, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, or post-apocalyptic games.

I am a role-player first and foremost and if you are a roll-playing group and not a role-playing group we wonít be a good fit.

The groupís gaming style needs to be somewhere between 50/50 RP-to-Combat and 75/25 RP-to-Combat.

A little more about me:

I have been playing role-playing games and strategy games since I was ten years old and I have over twenty years of gaming experience. I like to play more than I like to GM these days but I am a very experienced GM and will be glad to run anything from one-shots to long campaigns as long as I am not the only one doing so.

Games I have played: D&D, Gamma World, Boot Hill, Twilight 2000, Alternity, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars, Mechwarrior, BattleTech, Space: 1889, Torg, Rifts, Harn, MERP, Champions, Delta Force, Top Secret, Star Trek, Star Fleet Battles, Squad Leader, Flashing Blades, GURPS, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Conspiracy X, L5R, Traveller, Traveller 2300, Morrow Project, and a bunch of others that donít readily come to mind as I write this.

Games that I place a high priority on playing: Call of Cthulhu, Flashing Blades, Traveller, and any swords and sorcery style fantasy game that can really be brought to life by a good GM and some fellow role-players.

I am a mature, friendly and experienced gamer. I have a life outside of gaming but I love gaming and it is a big part of my life. I am not by any means the creepy gamer guy who you would be embarrassed to admit you know. You know the guy I am talking aboutÖ we all have met someone like that. If you ARE that guy, please donít respond.

I cannot host but I am willing to drive. If your gaming group meets at a restaurant, a bookstore, or the public library then we are a terrible match.

Rabbitacular
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Hello, we are a group that has been gaming together for 3 years and have just had 2 slots come available (1 person starting school and may return in April, the other getting married and moving). Please message me if you are interested, and I will send you a private message as well.