PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Crits and Block?

A Flannel Shirt
01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
How do you guys handle a crit against a Jedi with block?

Do you let the crit auto hit like it says on page 145, or do you give the Jedi a chance to block?

Sascha
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
A 20's automatic hit component just ignores the target's Reflex; in that regard, Block and Deflect should still be allowable defenses, using the full attack roll as the DC.

On the conditions where Block/Deflect fails to ignore the hit outright (notably autofire and whirlwind attack), the 20's damage multiplier should kick in.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-16-2010, 11:54 PM
How do you guys handle a crit against a Jedi with block?

Do you let the crit auto hit like it says on page 145, or do you give the Jedi a chance to block?

A critical hit is still a hit and Jedi have a right, IF they have Block or Deflect, to attempt to negate the hit. Even destiny points can be negated in this way.

Its not my rule, it is a clarification in the errata, I think.

On the conditions where Block/Deflect fails to ignore the hit outright (notably autofire and whirlwind attack), the 20's damage multiplier should kick in.

what? You know you can't crit on an area attack right? A crit on an area attack simply hits all targets in the area it doesn't do multiple damage.

Sascha
01-17-2010, 12:21 AM
No, I was working off the core book sans errata, apparently. You're correct, there.