PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4E Startup

Anderson
01-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey!

My name is Scott, and a friend of mine ( and, in turn, a friend of his ) are looking to start a weekly D&D 4E game. I'm posting here (and a few other places, naturally) in hopes of finding one or two more like minded folks who'd be interested in starting up a new regular game.

My campaigns tend to be focused on characters and plot balanced with fun dungeon crawls. I like to create the main story arc and supplement that with side stories based on the characters that the players create. We are a laid back bunch, and as such there is plenty of room for input and involvement from everyone who is playing. Left up to me, we'll be using Ye Olde Forgotten Realms. If you'd be interested if only it were Eberron, say so! Want to work together to build a homebrew world? Even better. Once I have a feel for the players (we've never played together before, so there's no inside jokes or rules to penetrate - you'd be a part of that too), I won't be able to help myself and will start writing custom games for us in whatever world we've chosen to inhabit. I've got a very small collection of stuff for running games, so we're ready for a fast startup that we can grow from as needed.

We're very casual folks, and like to crack a lot of jokes, so folks who like their games very serious might not have as much fun as us. We are all "used to play back in the day" types who are jonesing to get back at it. Final destination for the game is also up for discussion, although we are all based in SE or NE Portland and work in the city, so "easily accessible via bus on the east side of the Willamette" is probably a requirement. We're all in our 30s with jobs and families, so there's that to consider as well.

Send me a private message here or contact me directly if you have any questions or demands!

In a perfect world we'll come out of the B&P event with character rolled and a plan.

scott @ voodooandsauce dot com