PDA

View Full Version : Talislanta

Pk1305
01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Is anyone playing this and what versions? I am interested in trying it out again, haven't been able to find a group since the Bard Games days and would love to know if it is worth it to get back into the product line

Malruhn
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I never much cared for the system - but I gutted the books and made all the things I liked into D&D 3.5 stuff... sorry.

Lucifer_Draconus
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
A new company has the licence for it & the earlier editions are being made into PDFs which will be available free eventually. I'm not sure if a new edition is in the works or not. The 5th ed will be available in free PDFs once the Morigan Press licence is fully up. There's a facebook page & forums on the new publishers forums. You should be able to find a link on www.talislanta.com

Pk1305
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah I am a fan on facebook, a member of the yahoo group and have been on the very limited forums on the Talislanta as well. Frankly not having much luck finding players or a GM. Seems like everyone is playing D&D and I am not that interested. I understand that our hobby is shrinking but it is a damned shame that I can't find cool and interesting new gamers

KGuichard
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Talislanta material is suppose to be realeased as pdf files for free on the talislanta.com website in January. I am planning on forcing some of my fellow role playing friends to give it a try in the hopes they will want to continue to play it. I am waiting for the pdfs to be released. We are currently playing d and d 4e but I miss the talislanta game. I personally like the system. 4th eddition and 5th eddition are very similiar as far as rules combat and stats. 5th eddition uses a different character creation system that allows players to be more creative. They also combined some of the magic modes for spells. check out the yahoo group talislanta for more information.

Pk1305
01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I am a member of the Talislanta group on Yahoo, they recommended looking for gamers here. I am not interested in getting new material for a game I don't get to play because I can't find other people.

Lucifer_Draconus
01-21-2010, 12:41 PM
That sux .. I love the Talislanta setting but never played the game. My friends were to into AD&D for our fantasy games at the time I had the books. I'm going to get the PDFs eventually & look for some local players even if it means converting to a different ruleset.

Zandir Certament
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I am running a 5th ed game in the Western Chicago Burbs. I could use 2 more players or so to round out the group. And it is hard to find players, even around here.

Pk1305
02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
As much as I would want to play Talislanta again, 90 miles is a bit far to travel for any gaming

Zandir Certament
02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Is 90 miles too far, or not far enough?
I can't blame you though. It is 90 miles through Chicago as well, which is not nearly as much fun as it sounds. I hope you find a group up there. It can be tough being the lone voice in the wilderness for a game you really like.

Pk1305
02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
I did just order the 5th edition books to read and mull over, it's just too bad that the Hiawatha train is $22 bucks each way, if it was cheaper I would game in Chicago because I love trains

Zandir Certament
02-19-2010, 07:52 PM
It would probably cost another $7.00 each way to get out here to the burbs. On the plus side, I have started the campaign. I really like the 5th ed character gen, but the typos are hard on the eyes.