PDA

View Full Version : Movie Time: A MUST SEE

Sneaksta
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, Me and the fam were clicking thru netflix and ran accross a movie
::: The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

It is an Indie/ spoof film, low budget, but ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

Pull out all the P&PGamer cliche, in a funny, humerous tilt.

Anyone else seen it? want to throw in a few reviews or comments? Tell us about Similar titles/movies worth honerable mention?

Here here.

Barry
01-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Does the xbox live netflix service has it?

Sneaksta
01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I cannot see why not. Might have to log in to webpage and add it to your queue manually... If the xbox setup is anything close to the ps3 setup, it gives you random stuff, plus your queue. but not really searchable except online.

Freejack
01-18-2010, 01:43 PM
There's a sequel too. It's a bit worse on acting but push on through. It's funny too.

Carl

Sneaksta
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok, after Freejack poked it with a stick, i looed em up.... Dorkness Rising is the sequel. The original is just : THE Gamers. Not to be confused with a movie titled : Gamers; which is another movie about gamers, unrelated, and mocking rpg's as well.

Alas, poor netflix has Gamers, but not The Gamers. darnit/.

Edit: Wow as a side note, i just watched Gamers, not The Gamers, and i have to say it was one of the dumbest movies i have ever seen, right up there with Borat! Terrible, horrible, suck!!!

I haven't found The Gamers yet............

Freejack
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Ahh. Yea my group was talking about the movies yesterday. I've heard of the one before but they were talking up the second one as good but a bit harder to get through. So find The Gamers as it's supposed to be a lot funnier.

Carl

Ishcumbeebeeda
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
And I think both are wonderful! I watched them on megavideo.com but I can't find the link... I did find a rapidshare, but I haven't tried it myself and personally I prefer to stream videos rather than download them. If anyone's interested let me know and I can email it or something. (Don't want to put it here cuz I doubt P&PG wants to support piracy... in fact I hope I don't get in trouble just for this much....)

mrken
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Dude, you are so busted. lol

I once (actually twice) watched (err, tried to watch) some movie like Gamer, Gamers, The Gamers, Gamey, ah, something like that. I don't remember, it was so horrible. Actually, I tried to watch it and could only get about five minutes of it down before I had my allergic reaction. Then, about a week later I tried it again but with steely resolve to get through it. I did make it about half an hour before I just completely threw up. I am sorry I can't tell you the exact title and save you from the torture I know you will experience if you get the wrong one. I can say it was about a few guys who had a game going for years and was getting it back together. They were really stupid and socially retarded like the worst stereotypical geek would be, but no geek is even close to this bad. You been warned.

I blame Chi for putting the movie in my hands without proper warning.

Sneaksta
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
The one that is truly horrible is : Gamers
It is kindof set up as a documentary, and it really is a turd.

mrken
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
And the other one(s) is/are better?

Sneaksta
01-25-2010, 11:06 PM
the second one, : The Gamers: Dorkness Rising has some so-so and poor acting, but the concept and the humor are great! had my home group rolling and laughing. Someone here previously stated that the prequel to that, titled just: The Gamers Is better.

But , Gamers, comes to show ya that while you can still have a good time watching a movie with poor acting, If the humor is there, and the concept appeals, It is a win.
Unfortunately, Gamers, moves even beyond that realm into major horrible.