PDA

View Full Version : Ironclaw: Has anyone heard of it?

Equinox
01-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi there everyone, I was just curious as to if anyone had heard of an RPG called Ironclaw, a fantasy medieval type of RPG with furry PC/NPCs. It kind of reminds me of D&D, but a bit more simplified, and obviously different with the whole furry PCs/NPC thing. Also, would anyone be interested in starting up an online version of this game? I can provide character sheets, if needed, and if anyone actually is interested.

Lucifer_Draconus
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Heard of it ..even owned it once but sold it as I couldn't find anyone willing to play it. I'd be game to play online but don't have regular access, so I'm out on that. A local shop has Jadeclaw which is their asian spinoff. But if I was going to get into Furry gaming I'd most likely go with After the Bomb as I know the Palladium system far better... plus they got shooty guns LOL. Hope you find some players & have a long fun campaign.

Equinox
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
If you like shooty guns then Albedo: Platinum Catalyst would be your thing in the area of furry PnP, although the system for play is a bit rigid. I will check out After the Bomb for sure, Palladium system I'm not so familiar with though..So I will check those out. As long as people actually play them. I'm having issues finding players around here now, seeing as everyone is heading back to college around here soon, and apparently furry has a stigma with gamers and such. But thanks for the info.

Lucifer_Draconus
01-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Palladium Books get some unfair critisism but they are fun games. I'm not sure how many people play AFB ,but if you find some PB fans you should be able to find people willing to play it. Check out www.palladiumbooks.com (http://www.palladiumbooks.com) I'm Sgt_Leo_MacKenzie_CSA on the boards. I've played PB games for years. In fact Palladium Fantasy was my second Fantasy RPG beyond AD&D 1st & 2nd ed. AFB is a game I'd like to play but I prefer RIFTS & want to try out their Robotech game.

Concerning Albedo I've read a issue or two & liked it but it was hard to find. I like Furry comics , with the Furrlough & Genus anthologies from Radio Comix being my favs.

Back to PB , you can still find out of print copies of TeenAge Mutant Ninja Turtles & other strangeness RPG for cheap online. It's the predacessor to AFB. They just took the mutant animal idea & created a P-A game around it for AFB when PB lost their TMNT licence..

tesral
01-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Heard of it evwen have a piece or two. Never played same.

That said my son enjoys the game and likes the mechanics. Hearsay, take it as you will.

Equinox
01-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, sounds like you know quite a bit about Palladium, Lucifer. I have yet to check AFB out but I should have some free time and money nearing early next week. I went to my local game shop to try and recruit some players for a campaign of Ironclaw and basically the owner told me he was having enough trouble trying to keep people playing Magic TCG, WoW TCG, etc., without me coming in and "taking players". So, meh. Luckily there are other shops in my area I can go to.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Other than Ironclaw, there is another furry PnP RPG I have, it is called World Tree. Y'all may have heard of it. Or not. :P

Lucifer_Draconus
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
World Tree is that the one with squirrels? If so, I heard of it but wasn't interested. LOL yeah I'm one of the big Palladium fans .. I might not own every book or game of theirs but love the ones I have played. Palladium Fantasy was my 2nd RPG , with AD&D being my first like alot of oldsters LOL. The palladium system is easy to run, once you learn the basics you can run pretty much any PB game. But be warned their are alot of people who hate the game ..but I never understood why myself. Also PB has a habit of anouncing & soliciting books/games , then have them come out late or never. But RIFTS & Palladium Fantasy get the most support.

RIFTER quarterly is a fan supported semi-official supplement that often has material for the games not currently being given official love via PB.
PB survives because it does have a didicated & loyal fanbase . So finding Palladium game players shouldn't be too hard.

That sux about your local shop owner giving you grief over looking for players. If he keeps it up he'll chase away his customers. I hope that you can find another more accepting shop to patron.

Equinox
01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
(Back, finally! My graphics card bit the dust, among other things.)

Yea this guy at my local shop is kinda wierd about letting people start up new games in his shop. I know there are more shops here locally just gotta find 'em.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Oh and After the Bomb looks like fun! They really took the concept of anthropomorphic PCs and took it places I didn't think anyone would. Looks good, and the mechanics make sense. I like it. =^_^=

BayGuardian
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
I have all the books for Ironclaw and have played on and off over the years. There's a lot of continuity issues between the main book and the sourcebooks, but over all it's a fun game and fun setting. If you're looking to play or run, I'd be interested if my schedule allows. Even if I can't join, I'd be willing to help support the game with house rules and errata I've encoutered or come up with along the way.

Some helpful links:

Sanguine Productions (Publishers of Ironclaw. Lots of helpful downloads)
http://www.sanguine.com/

Greywolf's Ironclaw Page
http://greywolf.critter.net/ironclaw.htm

Express Coach
http://www.expresscoach.de/main.html

Hope these help out

Sewicked
05-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi there everyone, I was just curious as to if anyone had heard of an RPG called Ironclaw, a fantasy medieval type of RPG with furry PC/NPCs. It kind of reminds me of D&D, but a bit more simplified, and obviously different with the whole furry PCs/NPC thing. Also, would anyone be interested in starting up an online version of this game? I can provide character sheets, if needed, and if anyone actually is interested.
Heard of it. Played it. Ran it. Still run it at local conventions when I can. If I could guarantee you that I had the time to play, I'd jump in with both feet. I really miss playing Ironclaw. I've gotten to play once in the past 5 years.

Dax Thura
10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
any chance of getting a pbp of ironclaw going? I'm new to the system and would love to play more.

nijineko
10-04-2013, 11:32 AM
ah, good old palladium. ^^ one of the systems i've played more than most. tmnt, after the bomb, and the heroes unlimited conversion for tmnt was awesome fun to play. i recall randomly rolling bouncing and stretching powers on an anthropomorphic coyote... i promptly named him "wilely".

not familiar with ironclaw, must admit that tmnt and the other palladium products (plus d&d) were the extent of my anthro rpg experiences.

tesral
10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Except Ironclaw is not Palladium. Totally different system and company

Dax Thura
10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Ironclaw is the game made by Sanguine Games.

nijineko
10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
ah yes, i'm aware of that. i'm afraid i didn't separate out my comments sufficiently to reflect that awareness. i was responding to multiple comments up-thread. sorry about that. *^^*