PDA

View Full Version : Cross Class skills

Basxs
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
how do Cross class skills work. I can't seem to find it anywhere in pathfinder srd

harmor
01-03-2010, 06:31 PM
When you take a level in a class all the class skills will give you a bonus +3 to them if you have one or more ranks in them.

If you put a rank in a skill that is not a class skill then you don't get the bonus +3.

Basxs
01-03-2010, 06:38 PM
so if im playing a fighter and i take a level of rogue do all the rogue skills that i put ranks into when i take that level of rogue get +3? And if i go back to leveling as a fighter can i still put ranks into those rogue skills?

harmor
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
so if im playing a fighter and i take a level of rogue do all the rogue skills that i put ranks into when i take that level of rogue get +3? And if i go back to leveling as a fighter can i still put ranks into those rogue skills?

My understanding is that once any of your classes makes a skill a class skill its always a class skill. So as long as you put a rank in the skill you'll get the one time +3 bonus.

You could multi-class and eventually have every skill as a class skill too!

WhiteTiger
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I agree with Harmor. That is how I understand it as well. Cross class skills really don't exist anymore per se. Check out the table Skill check bonuses.
All skills can be bought at a 1 for 1 rate. The 2 for 1 rate for cross class skills are gone. You get a one-time bonus of +3 if that skill is a class skill that you have and you have put at least one rank in that skill.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills

I am personally enjoying the change.

Swordnboard
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Yep, it works just like Harmor and WhiteTiger said. I also really like this change, both from the simplicity standpoint and the feel standpoint.

Basxs
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Ok thanks guys:)