PDA

View Full Version : Dark Realms

imurrx
12-29-2009, 01:19 AM
We are starting a mid-level campaign for the new year. Setting is a homebrew with over 20 years of content. We currently have a GM and two players. We are looking to add between one to three more players.

We will be gaming every Thursday and it will be from 7pm-11pm. Games are held in Stoughton. Alternating locations is a possibility. We usually order food.

The campaign setting is probably your standard fantasy world with politics of a city state landscape. Magic is on the higher side and usually most of the adversaries are demon or dragon worshipers. Most of NPCs and retired characters with deep backrounds. DM is pretty flexible and never goes on powertrips or has any TPR or TPK (maybe a few times he kicks the PC buts).

If you are interested or have any questions let us know.

Jspanky
12-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Hello,

I'm in Burlington, MA but I'm willing to travel a great distance for a game. I am very familiar with 3.5 ! I am VERY willing to play weekly on a Thursday night.

imurrx
12-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Here is what the DM has posted over at therpgsite.com

(1.) This is a fresh, new D&D 3.5 campaign with me as your Most Benevolent Dictator and Dungeon Master.
(2.) You may use your current characters if you wish.
(3.) When you roll a critical threat, I won't force you to make a confirmation roll. If you roll a natural 20, it's a critical hit.....period.
(4.) This new campaign employs both Critical Hits and Critical Fumbles.
(5.) I've just received the Critical Hit and Critical Fumble Decks from Paizo for Christmas, and they look extremely cool. We will be using them.
(6.) There will be heavy combat mixed with roleplaying and world exploration.
(7.) I will be enforcing the encumbrance rules. Find something to carry your stuff....or else.
(8.) Inventory the items you are carrying on your person, including coins and precious jewels. It's a dangerous world out there, and you never know when someone out there might try to rob you....
(9.) We will be reverting to the default rules for acquiring xp, with one exception. Characters can still acquire xp for facing excessively strong or weak opponents.
(10.) It is your decision if you wish Hrothgar to remain part of the group. If he remains, he will be relegated to NPC status, and will play much more of a support role.

That's all for now.

Pretty much any WotC material is game. I have a feeling we will probably migrate to Pathfinder with in the year.

Right now here is the following characters:

Horatio Tortolla - Archerficer/soon becoming Blastificer. Artificer who is great at his job and to fine detail but completely oblivious to the world
Kratos - Warforged Juggernaut who travels with Horatio. Big, bruitish and a personality of a bulldozer.
[unnamed character] - this character who is underdevelopment will probably be a martial fighter.

The first two guys are mine and the last is the other player. So we will probably need a Divine character and Arcane caster. I can probably whip up a munchkined Healer.

imurrx
12-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello,

I'm in Burlington, MA but I'm willing to travel a great distance for a game. I am very familiar with 3.5 ! I am VERY willing to play weekly on a Thursday night.

Hi there, I sent you a message last night. If you got any more questions let me know. We are probably starting in two weeks.

Perian
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey! I'm also interested in this game if you still have room. Travel will not be an issue for me. Thanks!

imurrx
01-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Sure, there is still room. We will probably start next week on the 14th. I was talking to the DM and he is almost ready. I will send you an e-mail.

Headless
01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey, everybody! This is the DM for the campaign. imurrx is pretty much correct about the game. We'll be switching over to Thursday nights, and playing in Stoughton, Massachusetts. The PCs will be adventuring in a world full of intrigue, magic, and violence...

It's a Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 game, with a few pieces of Pathfinder thrown in to spice up the campaign. I just received Paizo's Gamemastery Critical Hit and Critical Fumble Decks, and will be using these to assist in making combat a little more comically unpredictable... :D

I'll go into more details about the game soon, and give everyone some more clues on what to expect...

Headless
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, I'm back..! :) As you all know, we have an entirely new D&D 3.5 campaign. There will be slight sprinklings of D&D 3.0 and Pathfinder, but it's mostly D&D 3.5. Here are some basic guidelines for our game...

(1.) Characters are 11th-level.
(2.) Ability scores are determined by point buy. We all begin with 30 points, with modifications by race and level, of course. ;)
(3.) Starting characters use the wealth guidelines from Pathfinder. It can found on the table that says, "Character Wealth By Level"....

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html

(4.) If you wish, you can spend your starting gold on magic items, though new characters are restricted from spending more than 25% of starting wealth (about 20,000 gp) on any single magic item.
(5.) We are not using Tome of Magic, Tome of Battle (Book of Nine Swords), or Magic of Incarnum.
(6.) Psionics are okay.
(7.) We accept most character types from Forgotten Realms, Eberron, and Dragonlance, though it should be mentioned that this is a homebrew setting, so if your character is suitably weird, you may get odd reactions from the locals.
(8.) For the first time ever, we will be using Paizo's Gamemastery Critical Hit and Critical Fumble Decks. That should be cool. :cool:
(9.) The new game will be a combination of exploration, roleplay, and combat.
(10.) If you have a character concept in mind, it might be a good idea to create a couple characters in advance in order to save time. I'll merely need to know your basic stats before the game begins...

This should provide the basics. If anyone has any questions, please let us know...:)

imurrx
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
We should have a blog on one of these forums on this site instead of therpgsite. More local players and I think this site has more activity.

I will be redoing the Loot and Booty page new for this campaign.

Gold earned
items gained
jewels and treasure
monsters killed
critical kills and fumbles

Any other ideas?

I will start working on it.

Headless
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
If you wish, I can create a new group specifically for our D&D group. I started a thread over at the rpgsite, but I can start one here... :)

Edit: I just created a group called "South of Boston Gamers". This is where the information for our campaign will reside. Enjoy! :D

P.S. Here's a link. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=244

imurrx
01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
We are at 4 players +1 DM. and perhaps gaining 2 more people. So we are kinda pack, but we may expand it a little more.