PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Forgotten Realms

trialbyfireent
12-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Hello all,

Will try to keep this intro brief. Anyone interested in this campaign please post here with:

Character Name, Race, Class, Gender
Days of the week that you can play, and times you are available.

This campaign will be a pretty even spread of role-playing and combat.

On the outskirts of the Great Wild Wood, an ancient forest filled with prehistoric wonders and rare savage beasts, lies the hamlet of Green Valley. For months now, the powerful warriors of the Naerok’valoth Tribe of gray orcs have been sending raiding parties to attack the stone-fortified Greenwall Keep, the aged fortress that keeps the residents of Green Valley safe in times of crisis. The leader of Green Valley’s people, the Ataman known as Roa, knows that it is but a matter of time before the full might of the orcs hammers down upon his settlement, and is at once at a loss.
As luck would have it though, a band of travelers on their way to Port Ghaast in the east for audience with the high council of The Order of Light runs afoul of the orcs nearby Green Valley. The orcs bearing down upon them, they are faced with a decision... Fight against overwhelming odds, or retreat to the nearby keep to stay alive...

This Campaign takes place in Murghom of the Forgotten Realms.
Murghom is a loose confederacy of villages and cities ruled by warriors or shamans (druids/clerics) called Atamans. The great city of Port Ghaast is a city of stone ruled side by side under the Supreme Ataman and The Order of Light, a council of clerics and paladins that serve the gods Ilmater and Helm.
The Great Wild Wood takes up a large portion of this region, and is a unique forest inhabited by saurian reptiles and huge mammals. It is protected by the Grove of Leaf and Fang, a druidic alliance that balances Chauntea’s dogma of the preservation of life with Malar’s dogma of survival of the fittest. These druids fight a seemingly endless war against the encroachment both of civilized society and of the brutal gray orcs of the northern mountains.

Characters begin play at level 3, using Pathfinder rules.

Character Races may only include: Human, Half-Elf, Moon Elf, Sun Elf, Wild Elf, Wood Elf, Lightfoot Halfling, Strongheart Halfling, Ghostwise Halfling, Shield Dwarf, Gold Dwarf, Half-Orc, Rock Gnome

Many of the sub races have been adapted to Pathfinder stats by me. Ask me for numbers if you are interested in a sub race.

Character Classes may only include: Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cavalier, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Inquisitor, Monk, Oracle, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Witch, and Wizard

Prestige Classes will be obtainable based on discussion with DM.

Tiefling
12-27-2009, 03:14 PM
OK well interesting in playing any pathfinder as i just got the core book for christmas, had several different stock characters made for 3.x games so what ever works i supposse, but i do preffer rogues & wizards personaly so i'd likely play one of those. dunno about race would need to think more heavily because i havn't actualy made one yet

oldddirty
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Do you have the stats for each sub-race saved in a file that i can use?
im DMing a game in greece were going from 4 edition back to 3.5 and i would like to adapt my FR campaign to pathfinder

TheGreenTeaGamer
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I could see myself getting interested in a game like this: I'm very familiar with Forgotten Realms, but not so much with that particular region. Timewise, is this before or after the Spellplague occurred? Given that 3.5 takes place before, and 4th edition after, and Pathfinder is sort of a 3.75 set, it leaves one to wonder.

Before I commit to any character, I would want to make sure timewise this works with me. My best availability is Wednesday nights, say 6-10 or 11pm EST, but I may be able to work in other evenings, possibly weekends. Frankly I need to know what everyone else is up to.

chrono21791
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
:mad: I have been looking for a pathfinder game since it came out. I will join! Based on what classes the current players are, I can make my decision. I am also interested in what the stats of the variant races for elves are (moon elf, sun elf, wood elf, wild elf).

Can you post, or message me the classes of the current players so I can fill in whatever role they havn't already? I am willing to play anything.

I would like to be a druid though... probably human... or maybe a monk... or maybe a monk/sorcerer so I could possibly go on to be an enlightened fist...

Are we rolling for stats? Or are we point-buying them? And if so, how many points?

meggamann41
07-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I would join in, just hit me up.

Pieh
07-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Demetri Knucklebone, Ghostwise Halfling (Need the PF Stats), Barbarian, Male

Days of the week I can play: Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
Time: Would prefer around a 8PM Eastern start time. Other times are doable.

LincolnGeertsen
07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm interested. I've been looking into playing a shardmind monk for a while, would using a shardmind be OK or no? If not I'm going to have to have a look around at different games before i commit. If I can, It would be a shardmind monk. (I am not knowledgeable as far as pathfinder goes, someone would have to message me with a deeper explanation of rule set changes etc. but i'm a pretty quick learner.) If I were to play, I can play pretty much any time in the afternoons 7 days a week.. I have the same questions as chrono21791 as far as stats go,

Teven
07-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Name: Teven Ellsin
Race: Human
Class: Druid
Availability: All days usually 7-10am central and 5-10pm central (I raid on wow on random days 7-10pm, usually Tuesday, but not always) (Unavailable for 3 days apparently I can't Use the chat for 3 days to being a new member)
Other: I'm quite new to FR/Pathfinder so forgive me if I'm a screw up