PDA

View Full Version : chapter three the tower pbp group



outrider
12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
The day is cloudy and is threatening snow as you move along in the forest. You have spotted what appears to be road, once cobblestoned but showing extreme neglect and disrepair.

The road opens out into a large clearing. There is a tower at the far end of it. It stands about 100 feet in height and about 80 feet in width. At the top looks like scorch marks and to the left is wreckage that is very old looking. The tower itself looks to be made of rock covered by stucco that is falling off. There are no windows that you can see but there is a wide tall door at the front.

LordChicken
12-27-2009, 08:19 PM
"lets see what monkeys are stuffed in this barrel" Antel said, as he approached the door.

"first lets see if these monkeys have a bite" as he searched the entry for traps(and to see if it was locked)
See if theres some traps(perception)

outrider
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
you detect no traps and the doors are locked. doors are Iron.

LordChicken
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
"no traps? bit too honest there" Antel says as he whips out the lock pick

Trys to open the lock

if fail: "well thats a tricky bugger, can one of you gents come on over and kick it in?"

if succeed:"Lady's first"

outrider
01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
there is a satisifying click that can be heard from the door. It opens out a little. The smell of mildewed air and of metal come oozing out of the opening. A peek shows only darkness.

a perception roll again please

Morgan attempts one

morgan listens intently

Spike
01-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Brendon remains alert for danger

LordChicken
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Antel is Ready for anything(he hopes)

ZestyT
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Gorron draws his greataxe and keeps watch of anything to happen
perception

outrider
01-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Morgan: did you hear that sound? it sounded like metal striking stone from within. It is almost like a scuttling sound.

LordChicken
01-16-2010, 07:30 PM
"ay? what kind of scuttling? a golem? or hammer and anvil? what man!" Antel Says quietly backing away from the door,

"Just being safe"

outrider
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
I think we should allow our fighters to enter first. i will cast a mage armor upon myself.

everybody needs to roll for inititative.

Morgan pulls out his staff


Let us try to speed up the potiental combat please check postings on a more regular basis.

The lighting is dim about 20ft radius. The squares are five feet.

I forgot to place the coordinates on the map. The upper left hand corner is A and 1. The letters go across the top. the numbers down the left side.

ZestyT
01-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Gorron Prepares for battle

LordChicken
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Antel moves his short bow off his back and into his hands

"I would use the knife, but am more likely to hit with this"

initiative

outrider
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
unknown things inititiative

bad guy gets ready


antel 18
bad guy 14
morgan 13
Gorron 9
and waiting on Brenden.

Spike
01-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Brendon readies his ranseur and approaches the door

outrider
01-19-2010, 01:18 AM
first action is to brenden and Antel. You open the door slowly and look inside the light from outside shines into the room revealing some crates and a table with chairs to the right.

For reference the door is row 20 and the m,n, o row.

perception for brenden and antel

Spike
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Brendon approaches the doorway, letting his well cared for ranseur guard him against whatever threat seems to be lurking within. Brendon scans the dim room for whatever had been making the clanking sounds, or any other threats.

LordChicken
01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Search for targets

Perception

outrider
01-22-2010, 07:37 PM
a soft sound like a blown puff of air.

brendan feels something bounce off his shoulder

it appears to come from above.

outrider
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Morgan looks around to see what attacked Brendan and prepares a magic missile.

looks around

Morgan doesnt see anything.

ZestyT
01-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Gorron draws his Greataxe and tightens his grip

Perception

outrider
01-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Gorron sees a metallic spider like creature on the ceiling and its antel and brendans turn.

LordChicken
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
(Dos Antel See the spider? if not)

Antel looks for trouble

(If So)

"I don't know what that is, but am killing it!"

Attack(Short bow,small)
Damage

Spike
01-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Brendon looks for the source of the attack above him and attempts to skewer it on his ranseur.

outrider
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
the metallic spider thing moves about n-16 and fires another dart at brendan

a dart spits out

the dart clangs on the ground. the spider is about 10 feet in the air.

outrider
01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
morgan casts magic missile at the beastie.

morgan points his finger and says the words

ZestyT
01-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Gorron swings his Greataxe at the creature
The Greataxe does...

outrider
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
the reach of the great axe nearly knocks the creature off the ceiling. but it hangs on and turns toward the intruder that struck it. from off towards the back, you can hear a second metallic sound approaching from the ceiling. from the direction of N7

antel and branden you are up

LordChicken
01-29-2010, 11:33 PM
(didn't get confirm that saw him or not so ill do this)

Antel seeing Gorron swing his ax, enters the doorway, and moves to the side(Right,I believe N-18, right next to the chairs and the table). and stands on the table for a better shot.

Climbing onto the table(Just STR) if needed.

outrider
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
antel you and the others saw it with the attack on brendan. no problem climbing on the table. You may attack if you wish.

Spike
01-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Brendon swings his ranseur at the construct once again and steps out from beneath it to better use his reach.
Brendon swings . . .

LordChicken
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Antel Fires his bow at the target

Attack
Damage

outrider
01-31-2010, 11:44 PM
the arrow bounces off the ceiling, the spiderlike thing shoots a dart again. The second spiderlike thing scuttles across the ceiling from N 7 to N13 and also shoots at Garron. the first one moves to Q16

spider one shoots

spider two shoots

garron is hit once for 5 points

outrider
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
morgan looks at the beasties and unleashes a shot from his arcanebound item at spider 1.

morgan whips out his wand

the first spiderlike creature falls to the ground on its back. its legs twitching in the air.

ZestyT
02-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Gorron attacks the spider that just darted him

Gorron Swings his Greataxe with fury against the beastie
RAW

outrider
02-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Garron almost cleaves the second spider in half. it is wobbling still on ceiling. antel and brendan your up.

LordChicken
02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Antel Fires another arrow!

Attack
Damage

Spike
02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Brendon attempts to finish off the last of the mechanical beasties

outrider
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
the sound of metal spider in its death throes, is that of mechanical hissing. The room is quiet there are shipping crates randomly about the floor along with the table and chairs. The stairs go up to the second level. In the center of the room there is a rope dangling down. There is a circular opening on the ceiling.

It appears that the center opening was used to drop down cargo from the top.

We are out of combat so post in any order.

Doomboy911
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
The clicks had stopped. From behind you in the doorway a voice. "Hello everyone, are you good or bad?" John asked.

outrider
02-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Morgan spins around trying to pull out his crossbow. "and who might you be, sneaking in on us?"

LordChicken
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Antel readies his bow, his face filled with the malice from not hitting once! in the entire encounter.

"aye Morgan, who is this clown? looks like bloody arse hiding in a create while we dealt with those buggy guys"

OOC: if he draws a weapon, here is my attack and DMG

Attack if he proves hostile
the chance of this killing you is slim to none


OH NOW I ROLL HIGH! i needed that 3 posts ago!

ZestyT
02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Gorron has a minor sweat and blood pump from the vicious attacks he dealt on the spider-like beastie...he keeps his gaurd steady at the man that just appeared

"Are we bad or good?...what world are you from? What kind of question is that?...i guess in the realms of either or and black and white, we are 'good'...who are you?"

Doomboy911
02-14-2010, 07:59 AM
"Oh good" John said with relief "I'm John Langley the somewhat brave" walking across the room "I'm here to pick up my dog" kicking a dead spider out of my way. "Hey Baloo you here?" John reaches into his pocket for his whistle to blow.
"And my alignment directly relates to my actions, so for now you can call me good" John said with a grin still looking for any barking crates.

Spike
02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Brendon whispers to Gorron, " I think he's mad, but that doesn't mean he isn't some kind of powerful sorcerer or other danger; we've certainly seen the corrupting effect of plenty of dark magics in our land. Let us be cautious and play along for now."
Brendon then speaks to John, "Welcome, you have naught to fear form us so long as you are true to your word, though I would hope that your dog is not in this centuries old deathtrap of a tower."

outrider
02-14-2010, 04:48 PM
the barking from johns dog comes from outside the tower. the group is kinda of eyeing the new person. The room is still dark except where the door is open letting in the sunlight. the room itself is a little on the coldside. The crates are scattered about in no logical order.

There is a opening in the ceiling with a rope hanging down about the center of the room. the stairs are heading up to the second level.

everybody please make a perception roll.

level 2 of the tower is shown here.

Doomboy911
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
"I'll take the powerful sorcerer remark as a compliment" John said not looking back "now watch as I magically open this crate with a crowbar" He said searching his backpack.

Spike
02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Brendon looks closelier

Doomboy911
02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
John looks around listening.

outrider
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
morgan attempts to hear

LordChicken
02-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Antel Looks around, ready to spring at the slightest movement

Looking around

outrider
02-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Baloo the dog begins to bark furiously at the hole in the ceiling as you are all looking at the crates. Initititative rolls please

morgan swings his crossbow up


legs come down from the ceiling

Doomboy911
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
John steps towards Baloo "Do you guys need me" John asked pulling out a rapier and bola.Doomboy911 rolls some dice

LordChicken
02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Antel is ready for anything!

Initiative

ZestyT
02-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Gorron smash!
initiative

Spike
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Initiative!

outrider
02-27-2010, 01:49 PM
combat order. garron, spider, morgan, antel, brendan john.

please be prepared to react. others are waiting.

the hole is above the two crates at the center of the room on page one of the thread.

Doomboy911
02-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Keep in mind if something smells like it crapped itself it was balloo.

ZestyT
03-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Gorron Readies his greataxe for an attack

outrider
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
spider crawls out and fires dark at garron. Garron, may make an attack of opportunity

a dart fires out

morgan is next
--- Merged from Double Post ---
morgan fires his crossbow.

morgans crossbow goes off

ZestyT
03-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Gorron seizes the opportunity as the spider lunges a dart and he swings at the besat with ferocity

attack!
raw!

the dart leaves a large wound, but Gorron is still able to fight

the axe scrapes the roof of the room.

LordChicken
03-07-2010, 01:03 AM
(I believe its my turn? morgan went i believe, well if not just drop me down to when it is my turn)

Antel, still griping his bow, lays his bow on his back to draw out his dagger, and advances towards the spider(trying to get to a flanking position)

Spike
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Brendon uses his ranseur's length to bring a powerful overhand chop (power attack) down on the mechanical monstrosity

Doomboy911
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Doomboy911 rolls some diceDoomboy911 rolls some dice and whistles for baloo to come to his side.

(How did I roll a zero?)

LordChicken
03-14-2010, 10:21 PM
(you rolled d20 not 1d20?) or maybe the thing broke cause used too much in one thread?

ZestyT
03-18-2010, 02:36 AM
apparently Gorron is up again?

Gorron Smash!Power attack!
raww

I can't get the rolling system to work...

ZestyT
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
power attack!
smash!

outrider
03-26-2010, 06:07 PM
the spider again fires at gorron.

a puffing sound emits from the spider

outrider
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
spider rolls for crit

crit roll

no crit. gorron has taken a total of 20 points from the hits. You should be down.

morgan will hold and let antel, brendon, and john go, and I will go last. the system really doesnt allow me to make new posts, it will merge the posts and other things and talks far too long for me to post again. so antel you are up.

ZestyT
03-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Gorron is at negative 5...with a total Con of 16

*"help...me"*

LordChicken
03-30-2010, 02:19 PM
"Dang, don't die now ya hear!" Antel Swings his knife at the Bug!(If he still is not in a flanking position, then he moves so)

jump up and attack the Bug!
Basic DMG
Sneak attack Flanking DMG

Spike
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
"Ancestor's guide my blow!"
Brendon attempts to finish the spider with his ranseur, putting all his might into the blow.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Possible Crit![roll]

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

[roll=2d4+10]No crit, but Brendon's polearm strikes true nonetheless for devastating damage.

outrider
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
the spider crumples to the ground and twitches a couple of times before stopping altogether.

Gorron is lying on the ground bleeding. Gorron make a stablization roll. it is a d100, you have a 10 percent chance of stablizing.

Morgan rushes over and attempts a heal check.

morgan tries to staunch the wounds

Morgan: I'll be damned it worked. Gorron you have been stablized.

LordChicken
03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
"so whats the plan? we can't have him die here, under are care now can we?"

ZestyT
04-01-2010, 02:50 AM
"ahhh, thank you"

"Blasted shiesty spider...*cough* *cough*"

Doomboy911
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
"Well we can let him die but it'll probably be frowned upon"
John kicks the spider and calls for balloo.

LordChicken
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Antel looks around, "well, looks like no one is coming, want to secure the area, rest up, restore your magics, and collect my arrows?"

outrider
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
you all put gorron in a quiet area and begin to look around. there are several crates that beg to be opened. you are discussing which to open first. balloo gives off a happy bark and looks outside.

Azar
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
A gnome bolts inside, followed by a grey wolf, "Ye a good boy now aint ye, who's a goodboy, ye are, yes ye are." he starts to play with the dog, the wolf stands there barking with excitment. The gnome looks at everyone, then gets up, and starts to back away, "Who are ye all?"

Spike
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
"For a lost tower, there seems to be an awful lot of foot traffic in the area. My name's Brendon, and my companions and I were exploring this old tower as part of a venture. Who are you, and what brings you here?"

Azar
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
The gnome smiles, and jumps foward, the wolf standing right behing him, "The name is Jinijim Winidim, gnome druid of these parts." he shakes Brendons hand.

"As for me being here, well it's quite simple... I travel mostly, when Silver here smelled something. It must have been this dog here, such a cutie he is." patting Balloo on the head. As for the tower, don't know much about it, all I know is that it usually is locked, so... now it's not, and here I am." he laughs.

LordChicken
04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Perception roll, when looking for crap

Antel Starts looking threw crates "Gather it all up, and dived it, ALSO next floor, send me first! am good as scouting ahead and putting a blade in there...abdomen?"

When Looking For Traps

Azar
04-15-2010, 03:48 PM
So what are ye all doin in ere?" he says looking at the spiders. "Can I join ye?" he start to giggle.

outrider
04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
You detect no traps. Morgan looks at the stranger and asks do you have healing. Our fighter friend here is in need of assistance?

The boxes are sealed up with square pegged nails and the symbols on the crates are unfamiliar to all of you.

LordChicken
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
"Hey Magician, what do you make of all this stuff? some kind of magic seal?" Antel turns to the newcomers "how about you guys? seen this stuff before? I don't care what it is and junk but its blocking my get rich plan"

Azar
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
"As a matter of fact I do have a spell for that now let me think fer a minute ere..." he grabs his staff and slams it on the ground and says a few words no one can understand at all. Light shoots from his fingertips and hits the wounded man.

Cure Light Wounds

outrider
04-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Morgan; Garron is is still unconcious, do you have any more?

Doomboy911
04-25-2010, 05:25 PM
John puts his sword away and searches for supplies to help heal.Doomboy911 rolls some dice

outrider
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Morgan: so you have no more ability to cast any more healing spells then? Morgan checks on Garron again and sets his backpack under his head and begins to look around the boxes also.


morgan rummages about the boxes

Azar
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
"No i'm sorry lad, I am but only a druid, I am no cleric, I 'm sorry." he starts to frown, and kicks a rock close to him. His long green hair envelopes his face as he looks down at the ground.

LordChicken
05-07-2010, 09:07 PM
"Don't look so glum, lad, it was all our faults he got like this, as they say 'a ounce of prevention is worth a pound a cure' Lets prop him up and get looking, after all, no one wants to die a poor man" the halfling said, still fingering threw the boxes.


OOC:is anyone still here? its going slower then normal.

outrider
05-07-2010, 11:47 PM
morgan asks if anybody in the group can read what is on this chest located in the back of the room. I don't Recognize writing and it is locked.

ZestyT
05-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Gorron coughs some blood

"read? hah..whats that going to when you have too...*cough *cough"

Gorron mumbles on, but it appears that he is stable

Azar
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
The druid looks and says, "Maybe I can read it boy. Let me see it." Jinijim walks over and tries to inspect the words.

((Whats the language?))

outrider
05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
It is a language that looks a little like a combination of dwarvish and Gnomish with pictographs. If you have either of those languages a Int check. DC is 10

Azar
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
INT Roll

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

"Hmmm... no, I can't say that I do, sorry, it seems like words from a few different languages. Maybe theres some reason for that. But I can't help, sorry again."

outrider
05-28-2010, 11:45 PM
the writing on the the chest says Instel trading company. Morgan says he;s never heard of it.

Azar
05-31-2010, 05:59 PM
"I've never heard of that, but then again, i've never heard of many things, I am druid after all." he motions his wolf over too his side. "So what are we going to do now?"

outrider
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Morgan: anybody able to open this lock?

LordChicken
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
"Let me give it a shot" Try to pick the lock

outrider
06-04-2010, 06:10 PM
tough lock eh. I would hate to break open and ruin the box. It looks like it might be worth some money. going to give it another try?

LordChicken
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
"Am not gona lose yet!" Never Give up!

outrider
06-12-2010, 10:37 AM
there is a slight hiss as the locking mechanism releases. Morgan carefully opens the chest. Within is a bottle with what appears to be 10 lozenges, a gold sextant, a book that has a hasp lock on it. The leather covering is of a dark green. A bag that contains triangular gold coins, nothing that anybody uses that you know of. There is about 100 of them.

The interior of the chest is lined with a red feltlike material which speaks of high quality.