PDA

View Full Version : Additional Pathfinder Supplements

Swordnboard
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if paizo plans on mirroring some of the more specialized D&D 3.5e supplemental materials (like Heroes of Horror, for example) in Pathfinder? I'm wondering if it would be best to wait for the Pathfinder version of special monsters, classes, etc. or if it would make sense to continue to shop through the 3.5e stuff...
The only ones I'm aware of are Bestiary 2, Advanced players handbook (6 classes), and the GM guide.

WhiteTiger
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
They've already published their own Book of Devils called.

Pathfinder Chronicles: Book of the Damned—Volume 1: Princes of Darkness

Pathfinder Chronicles: Book of the Damned—Volume 2: Lords of Chaos - Due out in August 2010.

Paizo usually sticks to supplements for their world of golarion. They are producing supplements for the base races. Dwarves are due out this month and then in April it will be the Gnomes turn which is interesting due to the Bleaching which is something new that the Gnomes suffer from whenever they get bored and since they are ex-fey and rooted themselved in the World of Golarion.

Other than that I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Swordnboard
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I was interested in "additional options" -- content not necessarily restricted to a certain setting. 3.5e did that with the Book of Vile Darkness and the Book of Exalted Deeds, and Heroes of Horror, etc. New mechanics, new classes, new monsters, new spells, new feats, etc. is what I was looking for. One of the selling points of PF is the compatibility with those 3.5e addons, but I was curious if they were going to be doing their own or mirroring the 3.5e ones (so that conversion would be smoother).

I think their setting-specific stuff is interesting, but I'm using a homebrew world so it doesn't necessarily fit well for me (though it can be adapted).

Of course, I have plenty to work with now but I'm eyeing the future.

WhiteTiger
12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
My best guess to your question would be mostly "Doing their own" and very little "mirroring 3.5". This is pretty much what I have managed to glean from Paizo's boards.

Swordnboard
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks! In that case I won't hesitate to pick up a 3.5e book that I find particularly interesting and will have more faith in the uses of the ones I have.