PDA

View Full Version : Online Game Etiquette

SaberSeraphim
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I apologize for this rant but I just needed to put it somewhere. There are things in this world known as tact, etiquette, and manners. A common trend I'm sure many people have encountered when running any RPG online, is that often people do not feel they need to show up, or notify you of their intentions to no longer participate. This sort of thing needs to stop.

I cite the example of my current online game, where I stated repeatedly if you are not interested in playing after the first session let me know. I won't be angry, but I need to know so I can replace you. Well one week rolls on by and sure enough two people don't show up, and give me no notification. Now they had my e-mail, could have PMed me here, or they could have posted on the forums I set up. The point being is that they chose not to, and that is just rude.

So in closing, if you are playing in an online RPG, don't be like that. If you aren't going to play please notify your GM to give him or her time or even a chance to find replacements.

cplmac
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Saber, I hear ya and feel your pain. Unfortunately, I don't foresee this changing.

outrider
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I will second that sentiment. I have been somewhat lucky in this regard as most of the folks playing have contacted me if they cant make it.

I do agree with Cplmac, this ain't likely to change. It also goes for GM's who don't inform their players of no game also.