PDA

View Full Version : It's been 29 years...

Kaewin
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
since John Lennon was shot by Mark David Chapman. He was taken to early and is missed today by many. The thought of what he might have done if lived is amazing.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/12/08/john-lennon-death/

Morcant
12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
An absolute tragedy and a huge loss to popular music.

"Let me take you down, causing I'm going to Strawberry Fields."

Skunkape
12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Another question is, would he have been as popular if he was still alive today?

This is a situation that I can't stand personally, but for some reason, we humans can't appreciate artists as much while they're still alive! Not sure if anyone else sees that as well, but consider artists like Vincent van Gogh. While he was alive, his work wasn't seen as greatness.

Took his death and what, 100 plus years before anyone considered him to be a great painter? Oh and that isn't just restricted to artists by the way I think we just notice it more.

It's just sad in my opinion.

Kaewin
12-09-2009, 08:29 AM
He was still pretty popular back then, I think it was just a prelude of things to come. He was a great writer as looking at some of his songs can tell, and had a great imagination too.

But we well never know.

Morcant
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Another question is, would he have been as popular if he was still alive today?

I think if he were alive, he'd be slightly more revered than Paul McCartney, and some of that would be due to his opinions on social and political issues.

tesral
12-10-2009, 10:12 PM
An absolute tragedy and a huge loss to popular music.

"Let me take you down, causing I'm going to Strawberry Fields."

And it didn't do Lennon a bit of good either.

How many children died today in dark corners of the world? Did you mourn them as well? One might have been the genius that cures the common cold? One might have been the next Einstein.

Once cannot single out one murder without mourning all people murdered.

John Lennon was shot. Yes, a tragedy to his family. I didn not know him. I cannot mourn him like those whose lives he intersected. I have known such loss, and I understand. But he was not my loved one.

Mourn the murdered of the whole world.

Morcant
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
How many children died today in dark corners of the world? Did you mourn them as well?

Mourn the murdered of the whole world.

Excuse me, but is this a lecture?

The thread was about John Lennon, not the whole world.

kkriegg
12-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Excellent point, tesral. It always pissed me off whenever someone famous dies and everybody tries to out-do eachother with the grief.

Also, why do assassins always go by their full names?