PDA

View Full Version : Old school D&D pbp game using google wave

sirosis34
11-30-2009, 03:47 AM
Hi!
I'm looking forward in starting a classic Dungeons and Dragons game by experimenting with google wave. Havent played for awhile so patient players who want to join a relaxed, rules lite game please send me a message and I'll send out the google wave invite if you dont already have an account.

We can also set up a live play by chat session if time schedules and can be arranged.

Characters start at level 1. We can go through the character generation together.

Thanks for your interests!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
When you say 'classic,' are you referring to 1E or 2E... or earlier?

Apparently one must be invited to use Google wave. I had already sent in my request to be allowed to use it, so it is good to hear that you have some invites to give away.

BTW, what's your first impression of Google Wave?

1) Excellent?
2) Potential?
3) Something different?

Thoth

sirosis34
12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for replying!
I think I'll be using the general 1e D&D, and, if you recall, the sets that were published in the 80's. Basic, expert, companion, master, imortal rules. I am flexible though to incorporate advanced 2e rules if a player wants.

I just started using google wave and it looks awesome. When I first looked into it I thought instantly that it would work well with playing D&D online. Looks suitable for casual play (sending game turns when we can or schedule a live session by chat. I'll send you an invite. Email me @ sirosis34@gmail.com

Crisp64
01-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I am interested in this, my sone and I are looking for a D&D group to join. Never thought about online but it could be fun. If this is still open can you let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Acestus_Vankey
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I have never played 1st ed but if you are looking at the older rules like the Rules Cyclopedia then I can totally play that.

Linken
03-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I have read over the 1E rules (found them in my grandparents basement) and i would really enjoy to have a game over google wave, if i get invited.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I have read over the 1E rules (found them in my grandparents basement) and i would really enjoy to have a game over google wave, if i get invited.
1E & grandpa's basement? What's with the insults directed towards the old-school players, Linken? :laugh:

You seeing this, tesral? He's insulting the old-school immortals. I say wee's blasts 'em with fireball spells!

Linken
03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not insulting anyone, just saying that my grandpa was a hardcore, kick butt player with a lvl. 60 1E cleric who never died once. whom am i insullting now, huh:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p:p:biggrin::D:biggri n::laugh::):cool:

tesral
03-07-2010, 10:26 AM
He'd better be.

Linken
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
well anyways back to the topic of this game, what is the story behind this game. would like to know so i can create a character that may be pretty helpful to the campaign

sirosis34
03-08-2010, 06:42 AM
I was hoping on using an old module like Keep on the borderland or the Caves of the unknown and let the players explore the Mystara world setting on their own and see what happens from there.