PDA

View Full Version : The Draconomicon

Dr.Dead
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Who all here has read the Draconomicon for Dungeons and Dragons. I personaly love this book anyone else like this book?

D20 Xanatos
11-28-2009, 12:25 PM
It's one of my favs.

Dr.Dead
11-28-2009, 12:31 PM
O ya buddy it one of my fav's to.

D20 Xanatos
11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
First time I flipped through it's pages I stumbled upon the Platinum Knight and fell in love with the book.

DMMike
11-28-2009, 02:51 PM
3E? I liked Dragon Magic better. It seemed to elaborate more on an interesting topic. The Draconomicon just seemed like a bunch of pre-generated dragons. Although I think that it put some thought into dragon lairs, which was nice. Interesting how dragon supernatural/spell-like powers can help the dragon's lair compliment the dragon's strengths.

Dr.Dead
11-28-2009, 03:28 PM
3E? I liked Dragon Magic better. It seemed to elaborate more on an interesting topic. The Draconomicon just seemed like a bunch of pre-generated dragons. Although I think that it put some thought into dragon lairs, which was nice. Interesting how dragon supernatural/spell-like powers can help the dragon's lair compliment the dragon's strengths.
sometimes I think Dragons know every spell in the game.:eek:

nijineko
11-30-2009, 01:59 AM
i found there to be a number of interesting tidbits in that book. not the least of which is the rule which allows a first level kobold to qualify for epic level feats (there are only a few which a first level kobold could actually take, but still), when said rule is combined with a certain feat from the races of the dragon book. ^^

Moritz
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I wanted more dragons from the book. More diversity.

During my last campaign, the players were faced with several dragons which had aligned themselves with a greater evil.

So to me, more would have been better.

Datenshi_noh_Kai
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
It brought some interesting content into our games, but nothing too special. It needed more diversity IMO.

tesral
12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Which Version? I have two.

nijineko
12-11-2009, 01:31 AM
heheheh. i liked the information on mutation in the shell in the previous draconomicon. =D

WhiskeyFur
12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
sometimes I think Dragons know every spell in the game.:eek:

Don't you know that magic came from the dragons? Psh... humans... just ask any sorcerer. :)

All kidding aside, I liked the older versions, but I hadn't seen the most recent offerings of it. The last one I saw actually had the rules to figure out how a purple dragon could come out as, stat wise (red/blue).

Players ran across a dark blue before. Black and blue parents. And I'm telling ya... we were certainly FEELING black and blue after dealing with that bruiser!

tesral
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Second Ed AD&D version and the 3.x version. Very different books over all. Not just in terms of system but the vierw of magic and even dragons themselves.

Me? Dragons are NOT color coded for you convenience. The "tendencies" of the "average" personalities might hold, but not in all cases.

cigamnogard
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
First time I flipped through it's pages I stumbled upon the Platinum Knight and fell in love with the book.
I am a big dragon fan and my gf bought the book for me as my first birthday gift she ever bought me.
So, not only is it a good book it also has sentinmental value as well.

Swordnboard
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I liked this book also. I appreciated the details on dragon appearances, behavior, lore, and habitat. There's some great art in there.