PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns / Adventures Wood Elf Society

DMMike
11-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm pigeonholing Wood Elves (stats generally as high elves) as back-to-nature types. After an era of imperial development and societal collapse, the wood elves have cast aside industrialism, but honed their mastery of magic (which, conveniently, doesn't directly harm nature).

As such, these wood elves organize mostly in bands and very loose tribes. They use stone to a small degree and almost no metal. And everything else they do makes their lands (a highly forested subcontinent) more fertile, never less.

So if you'd like to help me flesh out their culture, let's hear some ideas on how these people function on a day-to-day level, and how they keep the neighboring half-elves ("grey elves") from annexing their lands.

DMMike
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
FMI - I'm seeing the Wood Elves pointing in the direction of "green" society, but still utilizing the benefits of magic (technology?) to progress.

Example: Need to travel fast? Don't use a wood-burning (elemental-binding?) airship. Use a Fly spell. Plus when your hoe breaks, you don't need another one. You use a Mend spell.