PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocolypse Story Ideas

Thriondel Half-Elven
11-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Does anyone have any ideas for a zombie apocolypse game?

Marley117
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Tons. What kind of game are you looking for? Newly turned game or is it long after? Are they fast zombies or slow? Or mixed?
Is it survival or horror?

fmitchell
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
All Flesh Must Be Eaten and supplements are the best resource for zombie scenarios and variations.

Marley117
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Those scenarios at the end of the book are awesome, but i'm not a huge fan of the system. It's ok...but...eh.

Dytrrnikl
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
...but i'm not a huge fan of the system. It's ok...but...eh.

I may be inclined to agree with this, but only from never having plyed or run the system. Fortunately, there are enough undead stated out in so many different systems, Zombie apocolypse hear we come.

Marley117
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I'd lean towards BRP system, buts that's just my personal preference. It is simple and versatile.

Severion
12-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I have the D&D 3.5 book "Elder Evils" and one of the chapters details the coming of an elder evil that is precipitated by undead sometimes spontaneously being created every time the PCs kill something. You could run standard type modules with that and have all the zombie apocalypse you want.

Soft Serve
12-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Does anyone have any ideas for a zombie apocolypse game?

You should come to me first for these things and you should know that by now.

Be a little more specific, do you want mideval zombies? modern zombies? Hell even future zombies?

Mideval could be the result of a plague or a gods curse.

Modern is usually typical. People have come across a fun little disease and spread it through liquid contact (Spit to blood)

Future can get fun. A megacorp has decided to try out some nanobot technology that was supposed to prolong life, but the side effects were insatiable bloodlust, insane amounts of willpower and ignorance of pain, and a sort of sixth sense in finding prey. The nanobots will actually sustain an individual who has lost important organs like lungs, or kidneys. The nanobots are self-replicating and run through nearly every inch of the body in a day. (So freshly infected aren't as contagious as the ones who have been.) But they can transmit from simple spit to blood or blood to blood contact.

LordChicken
12-14-2009, 02:10 AM
well one good Idea i heard of is the souls of the long dead come back(for what ever reason you want) to the world, wanting there body's back, but then after learning that there body's rotted and decided into ash a long time ago, simply start taking the body's of the weak, dying, and (recently) dead.

the "infection" spreads at a incredible rate, some of the lost souls are gifted with not only the intelligence they had in life, but a good deal of what the people who's body they take over knew, even how to "remodel" the body's they take over. in the beginning its like a normal Z invasion, but as they progress, it gets harder, as zombies not only evolve mentally but physically.

I think there was a book about something like this...

just a thought

Simetradon
04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm currently running an online Zombie Apocalypse game... and the players are already being extremely careful and crafty.

http://the-dead-chronicles.blogspot.com/

Skunkape
04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
I'd lean towards BRP system, buts that's just my personal preference. It is simple and versatile.

I agree with Marley117 on this one, BRP is a great system for most games. Can be deadly, but isn't that what you want in a Zombie Apocalypse game?:biggrin:

Max_Writer
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I agree with Marley117 on this one, BRP is a great system for most games. Can be deadly, but isn't that what you want in a Zombie Apocalypse game?:biggrin:
I agree with both of you. I have high hopes of eventually runnin a BRP game that starts with one premise but quickly degenerates into a zombie apocalypse thing. My problem (and I'd love advice on this) is what the original premise would be that brings several normal people together. Ideas anyone?