PDA

View Full Version : [Online] Chronciles of Lormere 4E

SaberSeraphim
11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
I am looking for players interested in starting up a brand new 4E DnD campaign to be played over RPTools (aka MapTools), and Ventrilo. I will break this post down into sections for itemization purposes. I will start the game once we have 4 players, but I will accept up to 5 players. However once we hit the 5 player mark recruitment will be closed off.

Story

The game will starts in small, isolated village on an Island, far removed from any large conflicts or powerful influences. Your characters will be from this village. A terrible thing happens that changes your peaceful lives, and sets into motion a series of events which will alter the world forever.

What I need from players

Consistency. I need people who can show up on time, ready to play every session. If one person is missing from the group, it will cripple the story. Only apply if you can commit.
Role-Players. I love combat, but I love story too. I need people willing to role-play their characters, try your best to make the believable and not just a series of stats on a piece of paper.
Adaptability. Due to story reasons for the game, only certain classes and races will be allowed, and in certain ratios. I understand that no one likes to be told that they can't play their favorite class or race, but I need people who can adapt with the story and fill specific slots.

What you can expect

Epic. Epic story, epic fights, epic everything. This is a world of high fantasy and big nasty things. This campaign will be run to completion, starting at level 1 and going all the way to 30.
Story. This game is about the story. Everything will happen for a reason, every fight, every piece of gold you find, every magic item, none of it will be random, it will all happen for a reason. It will be up to you as the players to figure out why if an answer isn't readily available.
Dungeons. I love em, monsters, traps, treasure, it's the beating heart of DnD.
Experience. I have been role-playing for 20 years, 14 of which have been spent DMing. I've played every edition of DnD, I live and breathe it.

What you need to participate

Time. I only want people who can put in the hours. My goal is to run games from 6pm eastern time until we have to stop, one time a week. The exact day I don't know yet as that will depend on the group. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are all possible days. The starting and ending time is negotiable. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to twice a week sessions but once a week at the very least.
MapTools. We will be playing using a program called MapTools which is basically a chat program that has everything a role-player needs. Combat grid, dice, the whole can of worms. You can find it a www.maptools.net (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/www.maptools.net).
Ventrilo. You will need a microphone and the ventrilo voice chat program in order to participate in this game. You can get ventrilo at www.ventrilo.com (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/www.ventrilo.com).
Books. You will need to have the PHB1, as well as any additional source material you want to use. If you want to play an Avenger, you need to have PHB2, if you want to use powers presented in Arcane Power, you need that book.

Additional Information
After thinking it over for a while I've decided that the format that we will play in will be thus. All OOC (out of character) conversation will take place via ventrilo. All role-playing will be done in text chat. The reason for this is because I have found that people role-play better when they don't have to say things out loud that their character is saying.

Class Options. Here is an itemized list of the classes that will be allowed and in what quantities. Please do not ask to play something not listed here, I will say no. These restrictions are in place for purely story reasons. This is the list if we have 4 players. If we get a 5th player see the second list.

1 Fighter, Paladin of Bahamut (Yes only Bahamut), or Warden
1 Barbarian, Ranger, or Rogue
1 Cleric of Pelor (Yes only Pelor)
1 Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard

Five player class options list.

1 Fighter, Paladin of Bahamut (Yes only Bahamut), or Warden
2 Barbarian, Bard, Ranger, Rogue, or Warlord (Duplicate classes not allowed).
1 Cleric of Pelor (Yes only Pelor)
1 Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard

Race options. Same as with the classes, purely for story reasons, I'm sorry if your favorite race is not allowed.

Humans (2 required.)
Half-Elf (1 only, and only allowed for Paladin of Bahamut)
Half-Orc or Goliath (Either or not both, and 1 only)
Halfling (1 only)

I understand that these restrictions may seem harsh, I apologize for that but again, it's for story purposes. Once I have gathered 4 or 5 people we will all meet online for a meet n' greet to make sure we all get along. We're settling in for a long campaign. We will also discuss the story a bit, and I will get more specific about my restrictions.

If you are interested please send me a message through the forums, telling me what classes/races you are interested in, as well as when you can play. Don't send me a message that just says "I'm interested can you tell me more". I have explained everything I can explain here in this post. I hope to hear from the interested people soon, I can promise you this is going to be one epic campaign.

JERK
11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
This looks interesting, but I'd be new to playing online so I might need some help with the resources. But if it does work out I'd probably play a Half orc Barbarian, a Goliath warden, or a human rogue.

Rhen
11-19-2009, 08:03 AM
I have used Maptools before so I'm good with that technology; Ventrillo should be easy enough to figure out, as I've used similar programs before.

I'm interested. I'm available on Monday evenings from 6pm until. As for character/race, I'd like to give a human warlock a try, but would also shoot for a wizard or sorcerer.

Rhen

SaberSeraphim
11-19-2009, 09:44 AM
All right I have you two marked down. I have another from a private message. So far Monday at 6pm eastern is looking good.

redknight
11-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I like the concept and would like to see this campaign in action
After reading I came up with my characters I like to express interest in.
Just a little background I have experience in playing Leader classes(exception bard) and Defender classes(exception Warden). But I do want to try my hand in other character types for 4E.
Human Wizard- Controller-Sand box of options here and been dying to play a controller in a game
Human Cleric of Pelor- Leader-, Like being the healer
Halfing Storm Magic Sorcerer- Striker and maybe group's face guy

SaberSeraphim
11-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Okay so far that is 4 people. Since I'm getting such quick replies I am going to wait for a 5th. We need to set up a day and time when all of us can meet on ventrilo to discuss the game. I am open for whenever.

Dread_Pirate
11-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd be interested, but 6pm is cutting it close. I'd be available Mondays only. 6:30 would be better.

I know it throws a constraint, but this sounds great.

If that doesn't work, well good luck with the others.

I could talk about Race/Class later if the day and time work out.

JERK
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Monday wouldn't work for me, could we do Thursday or Friday nights instead?

kurtthedm
11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd be interested in playing. I can make pretty much any night except for tuesdays.

Rhen
11-20-2009, 07:24 AM
The only nights I'm available to play are Sundays and Mondays, as I work nights. If the group decides on another night as working better for them, then I will gracefully bow out. :)

Dread_Pirate
11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I could do Sundays.

JERK
11-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I could do sundays too

Rommel
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I would love to play. I will need some help setting up maptools and all of that. I am not the most tech oriented person.

SaberSeraphim
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to sort stuff out, as soon as I figure out a day I will let everyone know.

Cryos
11-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately, unless Sunday is scheduled before 6 EST, I cannot do Sunday. I am available on Monday, Thursday, and Friday after 6pm EST or on Sunday before 6 EST. I am unavailable on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturdays at anytime or after 6 EST on Sunday.

SaberSeraphim
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Okay I am setting a day and time. The game will be taking place on Mondays at 6:30pm EST. If you are going to play, please send me a private message with your e-mail address. This Monday, November 23rd we will be meeting on Ventrilo and we will discuss the game, get classes worked out, and I will help walk people through the use of RPTools. It is not hard to use, especially on the player side of things. Remember, send me a private message, do not post on the thread.

kurtthedm
11-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I unfortunately won't be able to make that session as I'll be flying back home. However, I can send you my character.

Ghist
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Would there still be room in this game or do you think you have all the players you need at this time?

This is of course if someone does not make it after all since there seem to be enough people posting on this thread.

Mental_Meep
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I'd like to post my application. I have 5 level 1 characters, each a different race and class. I have an Eladrin Wizard, a Dragonborn Warlord, a Razorclaw Druid, a Dwarf Paladin, and an Elf Ranger. Choose which one you want, and I'll be there... whenever it is.

SaberSeraphim
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Putting a delay on starting this because I have had so many drop outs and drop ins it's crazy. What I need is for EVERYONE to post here, telling me if you can absolutely make a 6:30 EST game on Monday every week. Please keep in mind that I am only looking for the specific classes and races I detailed in my first post. Also, I want role-players, not roll-players (sorry for the old joke), if dice and damage are more important to you than character development and story then please don't apply. My games have a ton of combat and dungeon crawls but they are simply the medium by which I communicate my story, nothing happens without a reason. Every monster you fight, every dungeon you crawl, every magic item you find is part of the story, nothing is random.

Mental_Meep
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I can do that.

Ghist
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I can play any of the Required classes, but would prefer arcane or divine magic user. I also have no problem with Monday 6:30 PM start time.

redknight
11-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Monday at 6:30 pm est is fine with me.

LaneEdge
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm willing to play any race-class combination, and I'm available on Mondays at 6:30 est. I actually like being given my race and class combo, I feel like it makes me stretch my brain in coming up with cool character concepts and backgrounds.

Rhen
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Mondays at 6:30 pm are fine with me. :)

LaneEdge
11-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Any updates on the status of this game?

SaberSeraphim
11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes there is an update please check your private messages!
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Also I'm sorry Meep but I'm looking for experienced players. So we are still in need of a 5th.

SaberSeraphim
11-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd still really like a 5th for this game, if you can play, have read over and understand everything then please don't be shy about posting. Please be a good role-player though and have at least a basic understanding of the game.

Cath
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I have both a basic understanding of the game, and I've been told that I was a fantastic roleplayer. I could be your 5th, but it honestly depends on what classes are still available. I would really like a play a Fighter.

SaberSeraphim
11-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Game is officially full. If you want to be put on the waiting list in case of drop outs, please send me a PM. Hopefully however we will have none of those.