PDA

View Full Version : Big Iron Vault RPG playtest

bigironvault
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
This is pretty much a long-shot (posting on a USA based website) but I am looking for players to help playtest (in person) the new RPG by Big Iron Vault. The location is in the Toronto Area, specifically Oakville, Ontario.

Players will need to sign a NDA but will be provided a copy of the game as well as playtest credits when it is released.

Anyone interested PM me please.

Krypter
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm in western Mississauga, about 15-20 minutes away but I'd like to know what this RPG is all about. Is it yet another D&D heartbreaker or something unique? Inspiration? Style?

Thanks!

bigironvault
11-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi you can learn more about the game in our forum here under "Independent/Small Press". If I had to categorize the main features of the game I would say

Overall theme: Finding the concept of "good"

Inspiration: HP Lovecraft, Robert E Howard and of course some elements of Tolkien (who seriously can say that Tolkien did not influence them)

Dark Fantasy - good and evil is a relative concept
Streamlined mechanics - easy to understand mechanisms for resolution, applies throughout all resolutions
Tactical combat oriented - includes rules for morale, psycology etc.
Deadly combat - it's not an easy game unlike D&D where PCs can wade through monsters, death is really at every corner
Chaotic magic - magic unreliable but powerful
Class based "paths & occupations) but with enough options such as skills and "path skills" to customize your character.

jsisson
11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
When would you be running this game, and for how long would the playtest last?

J*

bigironvault
11-19-2009, 04:52 PM
The dates I'm looking at is Dec 5th (possibly) or the 12th.

Hobby Kingdom in Burlington is the most likely meeting place for the sessions. They will be "accelerated" sessions meant to run the PCs through as many levels as possible to see how the start and the end game play looks.