PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: The Requiem

The2501Project
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
New Vampire: The Requiem game looking to get underway. Setting and style open to player input.

adaquacity24
11-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey, I have played Requiem before, and I though it was fun. I am intrested in playing again. What day were you thinking about running?

The2501Project
11-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I'm fairly flexible at this point on day/time. Personally, I prefer Thursdays.

fmitchell
11-16-2009, 10:11 AM
I've been looking at VtR recently, and I'm kind of interested. However, players of Vampire: the Masquerade gained the reputation, rightly or wrongly, of playing vampires either as superheroes with fangs or pretentious backbiting drama queens.

Looking at Requiem, there seems more of an emphasis on characters retaining shreds of humanity while hosting a Beast that must feed to keep them alive. If you're taking requests, I'd like a game to make good on the "personal horror" aspect, not as an exercise in angst and self-pity but as an exploration of what a depths a person will resort to in order to survive their own death.

adaquacity24
11-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Thursdays are not good for me. I work in retail, and usually I close on Thursdays. If you were wanting to run a weekly game then Friday would be best for me.

Bearfoot_Adam
11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
However, players of Vampire: the Masquerade gained the reputation, rightly or wrongly, of playing vampires either as superheroes with fangs or pretentious backbiting drama queens.

One of the best summations of VtM I've seen. Well done

fmitchell
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
However, players of Vampire: the Masquerade gained the reputation, rightly or wrongly, of playing vampires either as superheroes with fangs or pretentious backbiting drama queens.

I say this not to be snide, but simply because others have told me of VtM games that turned out that way.

If you're taking requests, I'd like a game to make good on the "personal horror" aspect, not as an exercise in angst and self-pity but as an exploration of what a depths a person will resort to in order to survive their own death.

Not to sound totally Malkavian (Malkovian?), but I'm also not a big fan of relentless doom and gloom, and of evil campaigns. Perhaps I just don't get Vampire, but it seems you could still do stories where the human part tries to make amends for the inevitable predation of the monster, or uses the monster to achieve what the human part thinks is a greater good. Whether good outweighs evil, or the quest spawns greater evils than the supposed good, is another matter.

The2501Project
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Friday would be workable from my perspective.

My experience with both Masquerade and Requiem has generally been that everyone gets out of it more or less what they put in. There are no real "quests" or dungeon crawls, this open ended nature creates a system where the tone of the game is determined by the players and to a lesser degree by the storyteller. If anyone is interested I would encourage them to try it out. As this campaign is just now starting, you can give input into what tone of campaign will work best for all players involved.

I would like to come up with a time and place for everyone interested to meet up and discuss schedules, characters, and the campaign in general. The address listed for the campaign is Xmax Games in Dallas. They're a LAN game store that offers free rooms for pen and paper. What time would work best for people to meet there for the initial discussion?

fmitchell
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Any day or time works for me, given 24 hour's notice.

adaquacity24
11-16-2009, 11:31 PM
For this week I'm free Tuesday after 5pm or Sunday all day. This is the rare week that I have to close on a Friday.

The2501Project
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Would everyone here be OK with meeting a 1:00pm Sunday at Xmax?

fmitchell
11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
See you then. (I should probably read the rulebooks soon ...)

adaquacity24
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I will be there.

The2501Project
11-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I apologize, I erred in my scheduling. I'll be leaving town Sunday morning for the holiday. I suggest we meet about I week later.

adaquacity24
11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
That's fine, We can meet next Sunday. Only thing is I work until 4pm that sunday, So I can't meet until after then.

fmitchell
11-26-2009, 06:17 PM
So, we're definitely meeting Sunday, Nov 29, 4:00 pm, at Xmax games?

adaquacity24
11-26-2009, 07:04 PM
As far as I know yes we are. I might be a little late getting there. But I will be there.

The2501Project
11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll be driving back to Dallas on Sunday. I'd be happy to meet that day but I probably won't be able to get there until 6.

The2501Project
11-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, it is after 3pm and I am no less than three hours away from th metroplex. I hope that this post will reach you soon enough to save you a trip. I am still very intereste in this game. I am only encountering this schedule difficulty as a result of holiday travel.

fmitchell
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Shall we try for Dec 6, then?

adaquacity24
11-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Dec 6, is good i will be off so I can meetup at anytime.

Dr.Dead
11-29-2009, 06:03 PM
If you dont mine me asking what is this game based on I never heard of it.

fmitchell
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
If you dont mine me asking what is this game based on I never heard of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_the_Requiem

http://www.white-wolf.com/vampire/index.php?line=intro

fmitchell
12-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Dec 6, is good i will be off so I can meetup at anytime.

At Xmax? What time? I'd prefer earlier in the day, say 1pm, and I'd like us to wrap up by 8pm, but I'm fairly flexible.

The2501Project
12-04-2009, 11:29 PM
1PM will work for me. As we'll only be doing character creation, I don't anticipate running for more than two hours. Please find either the 1 or 4 page sheet on the White Wolf website and bring a copy.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Also, I recommend the fan made/modified sheets created by Mr. Gone (http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/). The HTML coding of the page prevents me from being able to provide a specific link to the right sheets, they may be found by selecting NWoD at the left hand panel and then Requiem. The best sheet at this point would be the basic one page V:tR sheet near the top of the Requiem section. The page has Clan, Covenant, and even Bloodline specific sheets, but please save those for transferring stats to after character creation. The major benefit of these sheets is that they can be much less ink intensive, if you're really trying to avoid ink waste consider the Art Deco bordered sheet.

adaquacity24
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
1pm I will be there.

The2501Project
12-09-2009, 07:13 AM
I would like to update the status of this campaign by posting that three of us met Sunday and tentatively picked Fridays as the day for a bi weekly session. There have been no actual game sessions yet and we encourage anyone interested to reply here as we are still looking for a few more players.

Xenocide
12-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I've played Vampire the Masquerade before and am interested.

Note: We managed to avoid being superheroes with fangs or drama queens....barely. :)

I like the mechanics of Requiem better but know I'll miss the metaplot of antedileuvians and Caine coming to eat the world. Then again, it might help me as I don't have the option to play as a Noddist scholar and won't play one every single time.

I have the books and would love to play.

The2501Project
12-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Xenocide, glad to hear from you. I largely agree with your assessment of the two games. I was quite fond of the metaplot and was particularly keen on the generation system and the concept of the 13 (or so) clan founders. That being said, Requiem has something to offer as well. We are scheduled (tentatively) to meet the evening of the 1st. I recognize that this is a holiday and if you have trouble with that date let me know, but we are shooting for a biweekly Friday meeting.

If you don't mind, I would like to meet with you in person before that so I can learn about your character concept in order to smoothly work it into the storyline from the beginning. We will be meeting as a group at Xmax Games with the address listed in the campaign post. I live in the North Dallas area myself, so I suggest either meeting at the shop or somewhere North of there if possible. Let me know when would be a convenient time for you.

The2501Project
12-17-2009, 11:26 PM
As of this post, the campaign still stands at 2 players and a story teller. As the three of us had discussed earlier, we would like to see 2 or so more players to make this campaign viable. At this point, I'm tentatively canceling the January 1st session in hopes of being able to start with a viable coterie from game 1.

adaquacity24
12-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey what's up, Just curious to know if anybody has had any luck with finding anymore players?

The2501Project
12-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I spoke with Xenocide who had posted here. He seemed interested but ended up with a friend starting a new campaign around the same time. Other than that I've had no movement.

Artemin
01-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey guys,

I would be very interested in a VtR game, (I'm in an exalted group with Adaquicity24 and we talked about it extensively tonight) the only problem is that my schedule wont allow me to do anything Friday nights because I have to work late that night to help run an event at our store. If you guys were on another day though I'd be all for it. Adaquacity24 suggested that Sundays might be an option for you guys. I'm not all that great at responding on P&PG but im constantly online so I'll do my best to get back to you asap.

blackvbz
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
If you guys are still looking for players I'd be interested in a VtR game, provided you are okay with someone relatively new to the setting.

The2501Project
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I apologize for not responding sooner to either of the inquiries I've had about this game. I'm still very interested in getting it going and since I've seen recent activity from two new people and one player I'd spoken with before, I would like to get everyone together at Xmax to meet face to face and get this game ready to go. With at least three interested players and myself, we are at the bottom threshold of what I consider a viable group for this system. This upcoming weekend works well for me. I am flexible between Saturday and Sunday but I should remind everyone that the stores hours of operation are much longer on Saturday.

adaquacity24
01-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Saturday is no good for me, I have to work then I have my Saturday game. But Sunday would be perfect.

Artemin
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Sunday is great for me, as I have the same game to go to as adaquacity (I know im misspelling that). Where is XMax located?

fmitchell
01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Sunday will work for me, just give me a time.

(BTW, I haven't finished my character yet ... I'll try to this week.)

blackvbz
01-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Sunday works for me as well.

Would this be more of an introductory get together or a first session? More specifically, should I get cracking on a character or wait to meet the gorup?

Like I said, I'm rather new to this particular setting.

adaquacity24
01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I think it will be more of a first session. But I'm sure we will start out by finishing up characters.

The2501Project
01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
In order to actually start a game on Sunday I'll need basic information and some background in order to effectively pull the coterie together. If everyone can get this to me by mid day Saturday, we should be able to actually get into gameplay when we meet. Please create your character using the 75 point advanced character boost from the core book.

As for the time, Xmax doesn't open until 2pm on Sundays. I would suggest we arrive around that time.

The2501Project
01-16-2010, 09:26 PM
It is now 8:30 the night before. I need everyone to confirm that the 2pm time works and send me updated character backgrounds otherwise I will not be able to start actual gameplay tomorrow. I've had one private message with this content, I'm still waiting on three.

blackvbz
01-17-2010, 01:15 AM
It is now 8:30 the night before. I need everyone to confirm that the 2pm time works and send me updated character backgrounds otherwise I will not be able to start actual gameplay tomorrow. I've had one private message with this content, I'm still waiting on three.

Works for me.

Does this Xmax place sell d10's?

The2501Project
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I believe they do. I can also loan you some if their prices are high.

blackvbz
01-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Did we ever decide if we were doing this?

adaquacity24
01-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes We are

fmitchell
01-17-2010, 05:27 PM
We're running the first session right now. (Started at 2:00, but one person came late.)

The2501Project
01-31-2010, 06:23 AM
It's been a busy two weeks for me and I haven't had time to prepare a full session. I'm postponing until the next scheduled meeting on the 14th.

The2501Project
02-11-2010, 07:15 AM
I'd like to extend my apologies for canceling two weeks ago. I am planning on resuming the game this Sunday at 2:00 PM as XMAX opens. I would like to make these notes to returning and potential players:

Last session earned your characters 5 EXP each bringing the total current EXP adjustment from base level creation up to 80.

To all players considering joining this game, I encourage you to respond on this thread, send me a private message, or show up to the above mentioned game this Sunday (I would prefer the first two options in order to prepare the game session with knowledge of your character concept). We are only one session into the game and would welcome anyone looking to join. I plan on catching any joining player up on EXP, but less formal benefits such as alliances with NPCs will give an upper hand to those who get in on this game early.

I look forward to hearing from you all or seeing you Sunday.

blackvbz
02-14-2010, 03:28 PM
At Xmax ... Not seeing anybody. Maybe I'm at the wrong one?

The2501Project
03-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Okay, there's been a fair deal of confusion in past weeks. I would like to get a show of hands for who can make the scheduled game today.

fmitchell
03-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I should be there.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
... and apparently I was the only one there, at least from 2:15-3:00.

fmitchell
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Is this campaign still running, or should I make other plans for my Sunday afternoons?