PDA

View Full Version : Hellbred build - high dmg giver

Tibrand
11-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Hello i was thinking about making a lvl 15 hellbred build but i am very lost right now in what class i should take. I want to give as much dmg as possible.

The Hellbred can be found on p. 77 in Fiendish codex II.

Would duskblade, beguiler or warlock be a good class to start with? Is there any classes and/or prestige classes that is famous for its dmg output, critical dmg.

A typical sword and sorcery character (that can handle a melee weapon and use spells/invocations) would be cool.

DMMike
11-15-2009, 11:42 AM
The Wizard, found in the Player's Handbook, has pretty crummy defenses, which implies good offense (damage).

Plus, the Wizard can use a melee weapon. Start there.

Tibrand
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
im not set in stone with this race "Hellbred" for once i can be open minded in my selection on what race to be.

I would like to have a melee critical dmg focus and i can hardly see how a wizard could give me that advantage.

Also what feats/prc/weapons could i use to make the best critical threat range?
Longsword, improved critical and Weapon master prc 7 lvls would give me a range of 15-20 if i calculated it rigt? Is there anything i can do to improve that range? KEEN still doesnt stack right? :P

I am thinking of picking the class duskblade or swashbuckler before i take weapon master prc or arcane duelist prc.

Perhaps i should rather go for fighter och psy. fighter as base class?

d-_-b
11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
you should go for a barbarian and the Frenzied Beserker prestige class, and then arm him with a Keen Falchion for the greatest possible threat range with a two handed weapon. You then give him Power Attack and Leap Attack, and hey presto you've got yourself a killer.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
BTW the easiest way to get to the Frenzied Beserker prestige class is to take 2 lvls fighter, and 5 or 6 levels of barbarian, as you'll need 4 feats to qualify.

Pushkins
11-19-2009, 01:23 AM
you should go for a barbarian and the Frenzied Beserker prestige class, and then arm him with a Keen Falchion for the greatest possible threat range with a two handed weapon. You then give him Power Attack and Leap Attack, and hey presto you've got yourself a killer.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
BTW the easiest way to get to the Frenzied Beserker prestige class is to take 2 lvls fighter, and 5 or 6 levels of barbarian, as you'll need 4 feats to qualify.

I am curious if with this build you apply the -20% XP gain for uneven classes

Another cool prestige to consider is the Firestorm Bereserker from Dragon Mag 314 pg 60

d-_-b
11-19-2009, 04:23 AM
I am curious if with this build you apply the -20% XP gain for uneven classes

As long as you stick with a race that has either Fighter, Barbarian or no favored class you do not incur level penalties: Dwarf, Human, Half-Orc and Genasi to name but a few.

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Do you want any spellcasting ability? If so then I would go with Duskblade first and Beguiler second.

The Duskblade dwarf in our group was pretty bad@ss and it took a direct fireball and falling into a 40' deep spiked pit trap to finally bring him down.

Dr.Dead
11-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Its slow lvling but a cross class of a Monk and a Mage is a good combo because you can deal loads of damge from a distance and at close range you can also deal loads of damage with you flury of blows. plus the monk dont need weapons it uses its fist you get all the monk abilities if you ever get that high of lvl.