PDA

View Full Version : Horror Dark Future Actual Play

trechriron
11-15-2009, 03:57 AM
I previously asked about favorite settings. Hidden at the end of that was a question.

What is it about your favorite setting that is expressed in actual play? Or comes about in actual play. Or shows up in actual play. :D

We can talk much about themes, ideas, color, and "awesomeness" of a setting. I am really interested to know what you think your favorite settings bring into the game.

This to me, is where the rubber hits the road.

MortonStromgal
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Not sure I completely understand the question but one of the best moments in Dark Ages Vampire. We played by candlelight and were really into character. So much so that one player who was gypsy convinced another players character to get their future read. So we broke out the tarot cards and had a reading. Its moments like that I love, just watching the PCs run the show.

trechriron
11-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Not sure I completely understand the question but one of the best moments in Dark Ages Vampire. We played by candlelight and were really into character. So much so that one player who was gypsy convinced another players character to get their future read. So we broke out the tarot cards and had a reading. Its moments like that I love, just watching the PCs run the show.

What element of Dark Ages Vampire made the actual playing of the game "Dark Ages Vampire" to you? Was there some element or idea in the setting that expressed the setting to you or your group in the moment of playing the game (in character, in scene, in the moment playing)?

MortonStromgal
11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Well always playing by candle light helped make it feel like we were in the middle ages. Especially when as a Vampire you don't want to go out during the day. Also the general believability that a big bad Vampire could live in a castle and stalk the night without being noticed or destroyed in 1000AD. I think every scene was expressing some elements of DAV. The way the Nosferatu talked in a grizzled voice. The lack of focus on any battle mat or rolling and focus on NPC interactions. The tarot cards and other props used throughout the game. It was a game about being a vampire in the middle ages conflicted between your religion and your damnation. Focusing on your loosing of Humanity and the culture of parasites you have become a part of. Slaying those who go too far and hoping you don't become one of them.

closer?

trechriron
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes!