PDA

View Full Version : Greyhawk - the Early Years, circa 576 C.Y.

CRF
11-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm looking to run a game for players brand new to Dungeons & Dragons who've either never tried the game before or have very little experience with it. As I have not done much in the way of DM'ing recently (only a few sessions over the last 13 years), I don't think more experienced players will have the patience that new players would in the first few sessions before I really hit my stride. I also feel that more experienced players will not want to play with the 1st edition rules that I will be using to run the campaign. However, if that is not true in your case, and your nostalgia of the original Gygaxian version of the game has a special place in your heart, you are more than welcome to join in!

Don't worry if you don't have any books, dice, etc. - I can supply whatever is needed at the game table. Just bring your eagerness to learn and have fun, and that will be enough. I will be presenting a worry-free gaming environment where nobody should feel intimidated by their lack of rules knowledge or familiarity with RPGs (role-playing games).

The campaign will be based around all the old classic modules set in Greyhawk, Mr. Gygax's original campaign setting - but I won't say specifically which modules! Let's just say that I have virtually every 1st edition module and accessory ever printed at my disposal to string enough adventures together to present a whirlwind tour of the Flanaess, that portion of Eastern Oerik wherein is set the Greyhawk campaign.

The campaign will start off light on rules, but will gradually get more sophisticated and rules will be added as the players learn the game and I get more comfortable DM'ing again on a regular basis. Style of the campaign will be dictated by what the players want. As I anticipate the majority that respond will be new to the game, you probably don't know what you want yet, so I will present a little bit of everything as a sampler to begin with.

ignimbrite
10-15-2011, 08:55 PM
are you still looking for players?