PDA

View Full Version : star wars tokens?

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
ok i just started to play a star wars saga game online using map tools... which so far has been really fun, the problem is the gm is really new to maptools and doesn't know how to make tokens,, i unfortunately dont have the time to find pictures and make the tokens for him..... so i was wondering if there was a token pack or anything like that for star wars? i did a little bit of searching on Google today the the searches came up with not much of anything??? any help would be appreciated.

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I haven't seen anything.

BUT fortunately a couple of months ago I was in his very exact place!

He needs to go to rptools.net and download the token tool app. Then watch the token tool tutorial on their site. Then be amazed at how incredibly easy it is to create tokens!

Now, creating environments is a whole other beast!

To create interesting objects and sci-fi items I suggest using photoshop. Simply find an object jpeg or other image you like off the interwebs. Open it with Photoshop. Use the magic wand tool to create an outline of the object. Copy and paste it into a new document and whammo! you have yourself an individual tile piece object thingy! Now be sure to save it as a .png file so you can load it into maptools.

I suggest creating a bunch of them in a folder in the maptools resource library.

also he should make thorough use of the rptools forums, there are a crap ton of people over there who know WAY more than I do AND there is even a guy who posted a demo for making your own tiles in photoshop!

I'll post the link when I can find it again.

Good luck!

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-06-2009, 05:26 PM
ok thxs alot..:)