PDA

View Full Version : Dec Movie: Avatar (NOT THE AIRBENDER)

Genesplicer
11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Just saw a five-minute preview for Avatar, and it looks awesome. This is not the Avatar of the Last Airbender variety. Unfortunately I saw this preview at a public venue, and the sound was turned down so I couldn't here, but it appears to be about a group of humans trying to make inroads on an alien world, and the natives there don't react to well. So they get some DNA from them, and make a clone body of one of their own adding the genetic material from the alien race to make it look like one of them. Then the guy remote pilots the clone with a neural connection that makes him feel like he actually is the clone (hence the name of the movie: Avatar).

The only actor I recognized off hand was Sigourney Weaver, but the visuals were stunning, and it looks like a really cool first contact movie. It opens Dec 18th, and I'm defiantly going to see this one. Anyone wana come with?

Since the next weekend is Christmas, I'm guessing it's probably going to be best to try and see this one on the opening weekend (probably opening day as I think that will be less crowded than a Saturday showing), or to push our trip back to the second weekend in January. What say you all?