PDA

View Full Version : Cons around Dallas

ronpyatt
11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you know of any cons that might be RPG related near the Dallas area?

Genesplicer
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
The only one I know if is A-Con. It's held at The Dallas Convention Center, and while it's primarily for Anime, they do have some roleplaying stuff from what I've heard. However, it's not untill spring.

Vikai
11-02-2009, 01:14 PM
A-kon is the States Longest running anime Convention usually held the first weekend of June. It has been held at the Adams Mark Hotel the last couple years. It features many gaming events outside of just Anime/Console and DDR though. The have Battletech, Larp, Vampire and DnD as well as many other random games run throughout the night. It does have an entry fee I believe as low as 35 if you are quick on pre-reg. It lasts from Thurs(open ceremonies) til Sunday Afternoon. Many Tabletop friendly vendors go to A-kon and Card games are also popular.

Animefest is a more Local Smaller Convention held in Dallas. I believe this one is held at the Convention Center in Dallas and is usually held Labor Day Weekend, Lasting Friday till Monday Afternoon. Significantly Smaller than A-kon, it features a pretty decent dealer room and usually the music is pretty good, however the Gaming community is very limited (all in one gigantic room) as they do not have the funding as the forementioned convention.

Dimthar
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
LIST OF CONS HERE (http://www.fencon.org/calendar.html)