PDA

View Full Version : Chaos

russdm
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
So i was thinking up an idea for a game called Chaos. It would use the following systems: D&D 3.5, D20 Modern, Star Wars Saga Edition. I was trying to figure out how I would combine them to work effectively.

I have two trains of thought regarding this)

1: The players pull stuff from one system like a race and another one from another so they could make a wookie wizard with a machine gun.

2: The players use all three systems for the same characters so you would have a wookie wizard jedi smart hero with a machine gun, lightsaber, and staff of power.

Which would work better? do you think? Are there any problems that people see? Any flaws to be worked out?

Thanks in advance for advice and help.

Dr.Dead
10-28-2009, 07:46 PM
It sounds like a fun game it would be a game i would play to try out.

The only problem i see is that you have to contact wizard of the coast and the owners of star wars so you can get there OK so you can use there star wars races, and use the wizard of the coast so you can use there weapons and spells. Thats if ever want to make a profit off of it. Once you do that you can start mass produsing the game.

There might be more to that but I love the idea:)

ronpyatt
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Interesting idea. I like it. Would this be like a D20 Spelljammer system or is it more to make D20 more universal?

For the system... there are balance issues to consider. D&D 3.5 alone has little tweaks and bits that can turn a low level character into a powerhouse. When you start adding books from outside the penumbra of any one of the core systems, this can quickly get out of control. Obviously, a GM can veto these sorts of things, but I image you'd like that already taken care of before the GM has to worry about it. So, you're absolutely right about creating a new system for it.

russdm
10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Well, it would be more universal. I am not planning on making this for selling; its just i wanted to see how it would work out if i were to run a game like that. I have thought about making a game called Chaos, but i don't have any plans about it made.