PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Cross-Class Combination?

Dr.Dead
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I was wondering whats the best cross class in dungeons and dragons is?
I think the best cross class combination is the wizard and the monk because you can cast spells from a far and when someone comes to close you can use the monks improve speed to get to the dude. Then use flury of blows with out wasting a spell. Plus monks dont need armor and wizards dont need it either. Wizards dont use weapons as well as fighters and other tanks do, and the monk use there fist witch is perfect for the wizard.

yukonhorror
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
the problem is the attribute mismatch. Monks want wis/str and wizards want Int.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
If, and that's a big if, the DM allows it, then wizard & sorcerer. I, as a DM always allow it but i allow almost everything, within reason, in my games, and from all books. This keeps my party guessing. I also like sharing the most fundamental rule in my games to my players... if you can do it, then so can the baddies. he he (evil laughter continues)

yukonhorror
10-28-2009, 05:07 PM
If, and that's a big if, the DM allows it, then wizard & sorcerer. I, as a DM always allow it but i allow almost everything, within reason, in my games, and from all books. This keeps my party guessing. I also like sharing the most fundamental rule in my games to my players... if you can do it, then so can the baddies. he he (evil laughter continues)

Unfortunately, things were so mismatched in 1st ed with respect to bad guys and good guys. The to-hit tables were much nicer and our DM always maxed out HP for the monsters, but not for the good guys.
:focus:

I was always a fan of illusionist thief, because you could use your illusions to aid in your trickery as a thief.

DMMike
11-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Best multiclass? That's easy. Rogue and shadowcaster. Shadowcaster makes sneaking, sneak attacking, and infiltrating too easy. And the 9 fundamental spells you get at first level don't care what kind of armor you're wearing; they're supernatural abilities.

After that, my vote for Most Improved goes to Bard...and any other class. Because really, any other class makes a bard better. (Just kidding bards...love ya!)

Pushkins
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Wizard/Cleric

and tell the party you are a rogue, and dress like one, hide your holy symbol, and use Still spell often

Knock, spider climb, etc.... fake a rogue

later on you can dabble with prestige and criss crossing spells and spell slots

Grandore The Giant Killer
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
If you want a good powerhouse tank of a character then Fighter/Barbarian is where it's at. Not only do you get the fighter skills but you have the rage abilities as well. So if you take damage you can heal yourself. Quite a deadly combination.