PDA

View Full Version : Emerald City Gamefest: The Damned

Farcaster
10-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey, all.

I will be running a game at the Emerald City Gamefest (http://emeraldcitygamefest.org/) on November 14th, 2009 from 2pm to 6pm. There are a lot of other games (http://emeraldcitygamefest.org/gamefest-09-events/) going on too, so come on out. If you're not in my game, be sure to look for me while you're there and say hello! I'll be wearing one of these (http://www.zazzle.com/pnpg_third_year_anniversary_button-145603301290102706?rf=238793128422658873) snazzy P&PG Buttons w/ the Cyborg on it. :)

Here's the introduction to the game I will be running.

You awake as if from a horrid nightmare, unable to breathe. You try to scream, but instead find yourself on your hands and knees retching forth what seems like an endless torrent of something foul and oily. Your entire body convulses with pain as the last of the fetid, crimson tinged fluid spills from your lips. You cry out in agony and confusion, but your voice is little more than a whisper in the howling, crackling wind.

Above you, streams of black smoke streak across the hazy red sky--tails left in the wake of gigantic flaming balls of pitch. A field of broken, charred and dangerously sharp rock rises in a daunting slope before you, meeting shortly with a blackened cliff that towers for hundreds of feet. Here and there, the cliff face is cut by what appear to be thin streams of blood that flow down and eventually join an oil-slicked crimson river that rages only a dozen or more feet beneath the precipice of jagged rock you now find yourself on.

Your mind races, trying to recall how you might have come to be here, or for that matter anything at all. You remember nothing. Your first and only memories are of clawing your way from the putrid water of the river below, from which the stench of death and decay is overpowering.

As you look back towards the foul waters, you spy several ragged figures trying desperately to pull themselves free of its violent embrace. One of the lot suddenly loses his grip and is smashed viciously against a jagged boulder before being swept away. A smear of gore leaves no question as to whether he survived.

Those few that do survive soon join you on the rocky shore. They, as you, are adorned only in tattered undergarments. And their wrists, as yours, are raw and bleeding, suggesting you may have been a prisoner of some sort, somehow freed. As their agonized cries ring in your ears, you feel, truly this must be hell..

This is a one-shot Paragon Tier game for four to five players. Pre-generated Characters will be provided. There are no RSVPs for these events, so seating at this game will be on first come, first serve basis. Still if you're interested, let me know.

anticipatient
10-26-2009, 05:14 AM
I want one of those buttons. How can I pick one up? :)
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Well what I really wanted to ask is if we show up, can we buy them from you physically? :)

Farcaster
10-26-2009, 02:49 PM
anticipatient,

I have several of these buttons left over from the event, so I'd be glad to hook you up with one if you come. Just swing by and ask me if I have any left.

anticipatient
10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Sounds great :) Thanks for merging my posts for me, btw. I'll try to do that for myself in the future. Hope to see you on Nov 14

Farcaster
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Ohh, no worries. The forum automatically merges your posts. We don't do that by hand or anything.

cplmac
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry boss, but I won't be able to be there, however that would be awsome to play a character in your game. That intro seems kind of familiar though. I do have to ask though, to get to the Emerald City Gamefest, do you just follow the yellow brick road?:biggrin:

MtKolvir
11-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Ooohh..

This sounds fun. I will at GF, and will try to wrangle a seat at "The Damned".

Farcaster
11-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Awesome! See you there.