PDA

View Full Version : Against the Tides - Ongoing Online Campaing looking for players

Valthos
10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Greetings everyone,

On behalf of our GM I come here to invite everyone to join us on our campaign.

Who are we and what and when we play?

We are just a bunch of people that gathered together thanks to Pen and Papers Forum to play some online games seeing that we all share a somewhat common trait of having the difficulty of playing in person.

If you want to get a feel of how our games are, check our topic and read through our summaries:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11975

Our setting is fantasy, and we have a very unique world. Honestly, everything came from our GM crazy mix of previous GMing experience, books, movies, etc, so you may go from a D&D feel world, to a Iron Kingdoms world, to whatever may happen in our story. (It is a very open fantasy world)

The game is quite "free", in the sense that there is no pre-determined path for you to take, and no guarantees of where our feet may take us next.

The best description I can give you on the story is in the summaries in our topic.

Do note, however, that we started our campaign with the D&D 4th edition rules, and we were all quite new to it, learning as we went. Alas, sadly, what we learned was that the rules weren't for us seeing the limitations in multi-classing of the new system, among other strange things. Thus our world went through a worldwide change, but the story stayed the same, and we revamped our system to the Earthdawn system.

Our official sessions (as we sometimes get together on different hours for some crazy game trying out other systems) are on Friday nights, 10pm EST. Our sessions can be quite long, so be prepared for seeing the sunrise.

Earthwhat? You just making that up!

Earthdawn, many people are probably already familiar with this system already, but for those that don't know, it is made by the same people that did Shadowrun, and is a fantasy style game.

Again, at the exception of our GM who played this a long time ago (and thus needs to freshen up on the rules), we are once more trying out the system that is based on a simple rule: "Build your legend!"

We played only two sessions with it so far, and I must say it is quite interesting, you will not be disappointed.

Also, do not worry about the little details of the rules too much, as we have many house rules and some may come up as the need arises (as I mentioned above, our game is quite free and we play for the fun not for the rules).

What you looking for?

We are looking for mature gamers that are willing to commit to our playing schedule and a long campaign (this game is supposed to go from dealing with rat infested cellars to realm/planes changing conflicts, god battles, etc).

We also would like people with immediate availability, as I said, our game is currently ongoing (we just had another session this last Friday!)

Right now, our group is only of 3 players: Roxxas (a human warrior), Jon (an elf battle mage) and Reks (a human thief), and we looking to get 1-2 more players (Our GM, Theonebigone, may correct me on this raising the number)

Of course you won't have to be there every Friday night at 10pm EST sharp, but we do expect that not showing up at all is the rare exception, remember we want people willing to commit to this game.

Okay, let's say I'm interested. What do I do?

Well, if you are interested, what we advise is reading our summaries to get a feel of our game.

While you are at it, start thinking of your character, what do you want it to be and what is his story? (We may be able to help you out with books and all - We use the original Earthdawn rules, FASA core rulebook and extra books, anything is usually fair game)

That second step is important, a good character and a mature player is what we are looking for, don't worry with the details of how to actually build up your character (like rolling stats, selecting talents, skills, etc), worry about the character you want to be (technical stuff is solved fairly easy, and we also play with house rules, so don't over stress about it)

Afterwards, just post here and/or drop us (Theonebigone, Valthos, Undead Jack, Chaoticjunk) a pm so you can get in touch with us and we can explain the game a little better to you and see how everything could work out.

I have to warn you all though, we have been having crazy weeks lately, so a reply may take a little while, but it will come, worry not.

Wait! I got some other questions!

Sure thing, just ask away in this topic and we will be glad to answer.

TheOneBigOne
10-24-2009, 06:53 PM
GM endorsed. Post if you are interested. Vent, Maptools, and PDF's used.

mmoman101
10-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I would really like to join. I have never played on a virtual table top before, however, I have been playing RPGs for over 25 years. I looked at some of your posts and think I would fit in relatively well. I have never played Earthdawn before though. I assume I can find download able books online.

TheOneBigOne
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
yes pdf formats are available.

Cryos
10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I would be interested in participating. I have played a couple of 4e games, but am unsure as to how to incorporate a new world into the 4e system. I have some experience with maptools but am unfamiliar with what pdf's are (unless they are just the adobe files). I am available at the given play time.

Valthos
10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Mmoman101 and Cryos, thanks for the reply.

We are going to look over our schedules (again, crazy week working 24/7) in order to see when we can have some time to chat during the week with you guys to explain our game better. Do you guys have any time preferences?

The comment above also goes to anyone else that wishes to enter our game.

And to better clarify Cryos doubts. The system we play with is the Earthdawn system, currently we are not using any D&D 4e rules (We converted characters, equipments, everything to the Earthdawn system).

So our game is not a 4e game with different elements, but an Earthdawn game (with house rules).

And when we said .pdfs are available, yes, we mean the Adobe Acrobat files.

EternalShadow
10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
If you guys have room I am also interested in joining.

Cryos
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
So I've been reading up on the Earthdawn rulebook. I think I understand everything but would be interested in talking to someone about certain points of confusion and specifications on the actual campaign.