PDA

View Full Version : Rules-lite Dark Fantasy game opening

The Disgruntled Poet
10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Hello all,

Looking for a fantasy game with a dark twist, yet that doesn't take it self too seriously?

Looking for a rule system that's easy to learn, easy to play and lets GM and players focus more on roleplaying, story and wonder (and horror) rather than minis-based combat?

And yet... has plenty of action!

Looking to capture some of the magic that was old-school RPGs, before anyone had heard of feats and you didn't start planning and optimizing your power-tree (WTF?) at Level 1?

If yes, then look no further.

I'm a DM with 25+ years of experience looking to start an open pool of players who can opt in to 1-2 games a month at YOUR convenience. The system is Castles & Crusades, which combines D20/3E innovation with older edition flavor and speed.

The flavor is medieval fantasy, but more inspired by Lovecraft, Fritz Lieber and Jack Vance than Tolkien.

Games will be started and finished usually in 5.5 hours, scheduled on weekend afternoons. The Poet's Gaming Hacienda is located in Uptown Minneapolis, just by Franklin and Lyndale Ave S.

If you're still reading and you want to give it a try, drop me an email.

Happy gaming!

zwolga
10-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Castles & Crusades? I've only played 3.5 and 4e, but I'm interested here.

I'm 24, and a pretty normal, closet-gamer. I'm a TV producer/editor in Downtown. I'd probably be interested in giving this a go.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't have any prior knowledge or any materials needed. If that's something we can get past, let me know where to be.

alan.j
10-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I would be very interested in a dark fantasy game. I am actually reading through a collection of Lovecraft stories right now. I would be free Sunday afternoons almost every week so 1-2 games would be no problem for me. I live in Coon Rapids, but regularly travel the Lyndale area most weeks so travel isn't a problem. I am 21 and have had experience with both 2nd, 3.5, and 4e, but would be very interested in trying a new system. The prospect of this excites me greatly.