PDA

View Full Version : DASH=Dallas Area Super Heros

spotlight
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
This Game is already listed under the Play By Post section, generally meant for anyone who wants to try it, but I am also trying to re-establish a local game group. If interrested just jump in here and say so!

Fly by Knight
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Hello Spotlight, I have already accepted your friend invite. I'm interested, and would like to talk more. How many people do you have for the group?

thanks

spotlight
07-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Well like I said, I am trying to get it re-established. This is an old campaign, started several years ago, and runs on the Champions system by HeroGames.

It is a generic style, and I find it easy to work, although some claim it crunches numbers to much. If you can find a book for it (Try Half-Price Books), all well and good. If no book available, don't worry, it is easy to teach, also.

I will continue to hunt for other players, but it seems that D&D is much more popular than four-color.

Fly by Knight
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I think I even have a book. Need to dig it up. You know, I always liked the HERO system. It always made more sense to me than armor types and hit points.

Well, keep me posted. Unfortunately I don't know any gamers.

thanks

wbrandel
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Count me in too (if the days match for me) It sounds like alot of fun.

Fly by Knight
08-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Cool! How many are you looking for Spotlight?

Wbrandel- I love your quote.

spotlight
08-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Actually, I am going for as many or as few as will try it. This has a multi-story line set up. which means that more than one direction is available to RP into. I do request, when you build your character, givehim/her/it a couple of arch enemies/rivals. I like to intergrate those into the storylines.

Curently, Saturdays are best for me, AM PM or evenings. Good place to meet, Half-Price has nice areas just for this, free.

Have a better time and place let me know.

Fly by Knight
08-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I've never been to one of these places. Sounds great if this is something that they have set aside for this purpose!

Currently, Saturdays are open, though every Saturday may be a challenge. I may need some flexibility in time and dates as different things come up. I would say pm or night would be preferable.

How long do you want to play? I've played 2 hour sessions and I've played 12 hour sessions. Prefer to lean toward the 2-4 hour sessions.

Even though I don't have my book, I do remember some things about the game and have some questions.

1. Any particular rules to the game? (no killing attacks, no mentalists, etc...)
2. What power point base are we playing with? (Any particular power packages not available? I mean say elemental packages etc...)
3. Is it set in a large city? Where?
4. Do you have a preference in the persona. For example: Super man vs GI Joe. Both are hero's but very different. If no input, that's fine, I'll just make it as I want.
5. Are other super hero common or are we the only ones?

Any other input here would be appreciated. This way I can start hashing this char out. Thanks

wbrandel
08-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I do not have the books and currently my best days will be sunday at about 4 pm and thursdays anytime after 4 pm.

Cool! How many are you looking for Spotlight?

Wbrandel- I love your quote.

Thanks. one of my players gave me that by saying it all the time (usually when I was smirking)

adaquacity24
08-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I would be intrested in playing. I'm not to familliar with hero system, but heard it was fun. my best day would be sundays after 4. I could possibly do an every other saturday in the PM if it didn't conflict with my Exalted game, or work since my job likes to have me close on some saturdays.

spotlight
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
The name says it all, DASH--Dallas Area Super Heros. It is a modern era, local area, fun fest. Lots of chance to role-play, and battle, if you so chose. The only rule restrictions are on HOW you build your charcter, not on type.

Charaistic Maxima is in force. Any thing above 20 costs double, unless it is bought thru your powers or what ever. EXAMPLE: Mutant powers allow ONE characteristic to be raised above normal at regular cost and a second thru the powers itself. A Power Suit can do the same, but it must be PART of the suit.

Majik is available but is restricted to inherited factors (your mama) or exposure to a majical artifact.

Special High Tech is available, but watch that you do have some way to repair damage. Not everyone knows how.

Aliens DO exist, but so far only a dozen races have been excepted to the format, AND Earth is an un-known back-water planet.

Mutants are known to be about, and the Justice System does have Mutant detectors availabe for court rooms, both electronic and majical. They are expensive, like those metal detectors.

Super powers are not TOO common, about one out of one hundred thousand.

Otherwise history is pretty much as we know it, only a few details may not fully match.

Majik has only recently 'returned' to Earth, since the late Sixties, early Seventies, noone seems to know why ... yet. Thus elves, dwarves, dragons, and a few other real 'badies' have been sighted, but they seem to NOT want to be involved in Human affairs.

Now for the GOOD news. I finally landed a new job, after being laid off for the last nine months. So my schedual is slightly different. I will be going to work on Sunday afternoons so I will not be available for games on that day.

I, personally, still like all nighters, even though I have not done one with a group in, like, twenty years. Thus, Fridays and Saturdays are my available days currently. The Half-Price book store is open each day until eleven PM, so if any one wishes a more lengthy game, we would need a place.

I would love to host it, but I can't afford a maid. (hint,hint) Although, I love my 4' by 8' white board to draw on while describing things.

Power Levels, so far, unrestricted. Start at 100, and give yourselves 100 to 150 in disadvantages. For those who don't know the method, just come with your character idea and such, it doesn't take that long to build one up.

And please do not forget your arch-enemies. They get the same amout of points. They advance in the game by escaping custody or capturing heros. So, watch it. I will be aggressive with them.

Fly by Knight
08-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Congratulations on new employment!!

Well, as far as times are concerned, I can play Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Seeing that our GM can only play on Friday or Sat, I'm game for either though I prefer at night. I'm also game for all nighters, though they would need to be spread out.

Time: well if we play at half price, meeting at like 7pm on a Friday/Sat and playing till 10 or 11 sounds reasonable to me.

I would like to make a suggestion though, depending on you Spotlight, being your the GM. I'd like to make the first session working on char perhaps? It's been a long time since I've made one. I will personally have a few ideas already hashed out in my head but would like a little guidence to make sure I am within good parameters of the game. I asked the questions to get the ideas rolling as I've got one already.

I hope we can work this out, I'm excited to play Champions again.

What Half Price would we meet at? I looked them up, and there is one in Lewisville. Is that one good?

thanks

Fly by Knight
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Just downloaded the new Champions book for 20.00. Man, this looks way diferent than my old book.

Trying to think up a char idea, and drawing a blank. Oh well, lunch is over.

wbrandel
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Friday till 10 pm sounds good and first session for char biuld sounds even better seeing how I do not have the book

Fly by Knight
08-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Well, this Friday won't work. I have a very heated Axis and Allies game with my 13 year old nephew scheduled that night.

Next Friday, I'm okay with.

We just need to hammer out the location.

grayecastle
08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
The name says it all, DASH--Dallas Area Super Heros. It is a modern era, local area, fun fest. Lots of chance to role-play, and battle, if you so chose. The only rule restrictions are on HOW you build your charcter, not on type.

Charaistic Maxima is in force. Any thing above 20 costs double, unless it is bought thru your powers or what ever. EXAMPLE: Mutant powers allow ONE characteristic to be raised above normal at regular cost and a second thru the powers itself. A Power Suit can do the same, but it must be PART of the suit.

Majik is available but is restricted to inherited factors (your mama) or exposure to a majical artifact.

Special High Tech is available, but watch that you do have some way to repair damage. Not everyone knows how.

Aliens DO exist, but so far only a dozen races have been excepted to the format, AND Earth is an un-known back-water planet.

Mutants are known to be about, and the Justice System does have Mutant detectors availabe for court rooms, both electronic and majical. They are expensive, like those metal detectors.

Super powers are not TOO common, about one out of one hundred thousand.

Otherwise history is pretty much as we know it, only a few details may not fully match.

Majik has only recently 'returned' to Earth, since the late Sixties, early Seventies, noone seems to know why ... yet. Thus elves, dwarves, dragons, and a few other real 'badies' have been sighted, but they seem to NOT want to be involved in Human affairs.

Now for the GOOD news. I finally landed a new job, after being laid off for the last nine months. So my schedual is slightly different. I will be going to work on Sunday afternoons so I will not be available for games on that day.

I, personally, still like all nighters, even though I have not done one with a group in, like, twenty years. Thus, Fridays and Saturdays are my available days currently. The Half-Price book store is open each day until eleven PM, so if any one wishes a more lengthy game, we would need a place.

I would love to host it, but I can't afford a maid. (hint,hint) Although, I love my 4' by 8' white board to draw on while describing things.

Power Levels, so far, unrestricted. Start at 100, and give yourselves 100 to 150 in disadvantages. For those who don't know the method, just come with your character idea and such, it doesn't take that long to build one up.

And please do not forget your arch-enemies. They get the same amout of points. They advance in the game by escaping custody or capturing heros. So, watch it. I will be aggressive with them.
*cough* earth and majik sounds a bit like shadowrun dont ya think =p

Fly by Knight
08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Spotlight: I have my char idea. I will pm you the actual back ground.

Hero name: Flatfoot
Type: Mentalist

Ex Cop turned super hero hell bent on bringing in a rogue super hero group responsible for his fathers death.

His gig is that he can see the truth in every situation. He can "force" people to tell the truth using mental abilities. Not exactly the most physical guy, but can shut folks down with mental entangles and suggestion (he also has mental blast just to give thema nice head ache). He always sees the truth, so therefor must always tell the truth.

Very brief synopsis.

spotlight
08-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Greyecastle, never looked at shadow run, so I would not know.

fly-interesting character concept. Con't forget to set up a couple of arcenemies. These would be guys he has had run=ins with, or maybe arrested in the past. The group you suggest would only be a revenge factor, although likly to show up one day. It could be a disadd (obsession), and I do use a character's disadds to build story directions. btw, would this make him a Mutie?

Fly by Knight
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I guess he would be a mutie huh? I didn't really think about that part.

So there ya go.

I will conjur up some bad guys in his story line and then pm you the idea when I'm done.

Also we need to get an idea of what day we want to meet and where exactly.

1. It appears friday or saturday in the pm (Friday most likely?)
2. Which Half price? (Do we need to reserve rooms or something? You said they have space available specifically for this I believe.)

adaquacity24
08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
You could alway run the game at Xmax games in Dallas. It's open until midnight

Fly by Knight
08-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Spotlight,

I just send two enemies via pm. Let me know what you think.

spotlight
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Xmax sounds okay by me. give me an addy or number and I will check it out. It might be better than Half-Price, especially if we don't have to worry about keeping down the noise level.

The Arch-enemies you sent look good, Knight. BTW, check your pictures of D.F. carefully. There is the posibility that you snapped footage of someone else in the backgrounds, wanted for questioning, in relation to the deaths of several other drug gang members.... hint,hint.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Story line background, natch.
By The Way. Yall may notice Im only posting on Sats and Suns, currently. My new job is a b!@#%* and I still go to school of the mornings. Which means I sleep of the afternoons. Playing on Friday evenings is iffy right now because I found out thats when they want the overtime. (same as working on Saturday for most folk) So only Saturday gaming for me, for a while. If this puts off some of yall, sorry, deal with it. If I GM anything at all, or even play, I will count myself lucky.

ronpyatt
08-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Xmaxgames (http://xmaxgames.com/directions.html)

Here's a Google Map to Xmaxgames (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=1931+Skillman+St+Dallas+TX+75206&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,14239369832956989688&ei=mmeHSrucLZGxtgevydTnDA&z=16&iwloc=A)

Which is near/between the Lakewood and South Greenville areas.

wbrandel
08-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Well with the sat gaming i'm out due to work

Fly by Knight
08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Thats too bad Wbrandel.

Spotlite, I'm fine with playing like bi weekly if that would make it easier on you. I know my wife would prefer it. Even monthly if nee be. Weekends are always interesting for me, especially with hunting season coming up.

I don't really know how many people we have, what would be best is to just get it together and see who can make it. I don't think there are too many champions games going on right now. Maybe it will draw some interest and the people who have posted that they can play, will.

I think your the deciding factor now.

If you can't or would prefer not to start a campaign now due to your job is fine. We can start it up later.

spotlight
08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the map, Ron. I'll be checking out Xmasgames this afternoon or tommorow.

As for how many we gots, Fly, with Brandel saying no to Sats, that brings us to a total of just you and me. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif Moans and groans, why is it so hard to find Hero players?

I will, of course,keep trying. Maybe mentioning that good roleplay by the player gains the character a 'conspiracy' card.

adaquacity24
08-23-2009, 09:20 PM
depending on what saturday and what times, I would be intrested.

Fly by Knight
08-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

That would be very cool Adaquacity24, two people are definately a fine start.

Spotlite what did you think of Xmax? Ive never beent there.

Just to reiterate for my schedule, I'm fine for Saturdays, though I would not prefer every Saturday. While I know that playing weekly lends its self to continuity, I just cant guarantee my availability. I would prefer that we play every other Sat at most, as this is a busy time of year for me. also, if we can play more toward the evenings that would be best also. I have an uncanny ability to remember stuff in games, and I will just email my char point of view of what happened after games. This will help with the beginning of the next game, and continuity.

If this works for the two of you, I recommend that we either set up a chat or just meet in person one saturday coming up. Make char, hash out final background stuff and maybe get a little gaming in. I really prefer face to fact gaming honestly, though im in a good pbp game currently.

Thanks guys!

adaquacity24
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I would have to do alt Saturdays also. Seeing as how I have a Exalted game every other Saturday. Also I prefer evening games also.

I would be down for meet up for character creation and backgrounds

spotlight
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I will be checking Xmax tommor and will post about it Sat.

Fly by Knight
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
So two more people are interested in playing, I have spoken to them and they say that the every two week cycle is fine.

I think in two weeks we should either make this a go, or just consider it something we will revisit.

What do you say spotlight and Adaquacity?

Two weeks is the 26th. Um, things will come up and we need to make sure were on the correct schedule for you Adaquacity, but we need to make this thing a go or just put it on hold till we have more time to do it.

Adaquacity, you play every other week so when do you play next? Then we can start puting this into motion if we decide to go with it.

thanks all

adaquacity24
09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I play this Saturday, then again on the 26th for this month.

Fly by Knight
09-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks Adaquacity..

So from here we need to set some possible dates. This of course is up to you Spotlight as you are the GM and its tough play without one. lol.

Sep 19. We could all meet at Xmax at say 6pm or so..get to know each other, make some char, maybe get some gaming in. If all goes well, we will have three players in total.

Oct 3. I am out of town, but that doesnt mean the group cant meet and play, if not, thats okay.

Oct 17. I will be in town and this is an ideal time to get this thing in full swing.

From here, of course we have holidays, blah blah. The important thing is we get the ball rolling.

Please check these dates as I think they work with your schedule Adaquacity. We just need to here from Spotlight.

thanks

spotlight
09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
OOPS! My mistake. Your PM meant the 19th, not the 26, my mistake. I can be there for that. For you Adaquacity, I can be at xmax on the 26th. From there, we will just have to work things out, perhaps weekly.

Also, I was just informed a few minutes ago that Dallas public libraries will start closing on Sundays as well as Mondays due to budget problems. That will certainly mess me up. I am having to get a comp a little quicker than I planned.

Fly by Knight
09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

So just to make sure were clear...

Adaqucity's games are on the 26th and every two weeks after.

Our meet will be on the 19th. Thats 9/19/09...lol.

Spotlight, the other two people are Rylie and Xerodrift. They have zero experience in the game, and will need to be coached in making char and all. I would imagine books will not be there either. I will probably buy one at xmax.

So I will see you all next Saturday 9/19.

Fly by Knight
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Wahoo, I found my book! Granted its from 1988, ha!

So Rylie and Xero since you've never played, think of what kind of char you would like to play. Think of what kind of superhero you've always liked and how you would change and make that hero you.

The game is built on points, so you build your char with points and then as any hero, you give them some disadvantages or weakness' to add to the overall balance of your char. Any power you can think of, pretty much can be put into play and any type of hero you want, can also be put into play.

Meeting at 6pm will allow us to play for some time, though I have never been to Xmax and I hope you dont need reservations.

Well, see all of you on Saturday, 6pm.

adaquacity24
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Cool, i'll be there. I might be a little late I work until 5 then I would need time to go home shower and change.

Mathwei
09-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Well having just found this thread I hope you haven't finished grabbing all the players you need. I've always loved Supers Games and would love to play if you have room for one more.

Fly by Knight
09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Awesome, please read the previous posts, and we meet at xmax on sat

kitsune1842
09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I am interested.

Fly by Knight
09-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Well....I apologize to all. I coralled and cajoled you guys and lady to do this this weekend, but Xmax is booked solid. I dont know what to do now.

Curses!!!

They have things going all day long...thats why I was hoping Spotlight had checked it out.

Well no biggie I guess. We can either meet next week, and then Adaquacity can catch up or the next week, and I can catch up.

Im new to this area, if anyone has any ideas of where we could meet let me know.

thanks

rylie
09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
We're getting together this week if I have find each one of you and drag you myself to the game. Don't test me, I'll do it. Anyways, since we're just basically doing character creation I thought we could either go back to the original idea of half price books, or we could go to a restaurant like denny's or ihop, granted it would be nice of us to eat if we went to a restaurant, but we're meeting around supper time anyways, so why not? There is also the idea of other game stores in the area. Or, I need some extra money, I'll clean spotlights apartment, I'm much cheaper than an actual maid. So there are my ideas, and I'm not taking "let's just reschedule" for an answer!

Mathwei
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda partial to the Half-Price books myself. Easy to get to and they never complain or are too busy to let us snatch a table in the back.

Fly by Knight
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
lol!...Thats awesome Rylie! Good ideas.

Mathwei said that he would check out a particularly gaming friendly half price books. Either is good for me, I just want to get this rolling.

When I spoke to Andy at Xmax he was very excited about us playing there. So we can always play there once this session is done, unless we find another spot that we like. BTW..Andy seems like a pretty nice guy, props to him.

So, just to get us all on the same page, these are the people who have shown interest and are planning on attending:

1. Spotlight - GM
2. Me - I have my char idea and background, just need to make it.
3. Adaquacity
4. Rylie
5. XeroDrift
6. Mathwei
7. Kitsune - who said he may not make this one, but will the next.

Please if you have any suggestions for a place, please post. Two quality suggestions so far.

Thanks
FBK

adaquacity24
09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll be there, depending on what time and where I might be late. since I work until 5pm

Mathwei
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Well guys I just walked out of the Half-Price books on NW HY and according to the staff there, "The community room is open for anyone to use (unless it's reserved) and as long as we don't get to rowdy while playing we are more than welcome to come play."
Also, currently the room is not reserved and saturday is wide open for us.

XeroDrift
09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I've played Heroes Unlimited by Palladium Books many times, its just been a while, so superhero gaming concepts arent going to be a problem.
P.S. Is halfprice books on NW Hwy on Saturday (19th) the official deal now guys (and girl)

P.P.S. Oh yeah, and am I right in thinking it was 6 o'clock or no?

Fly by Knight
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you for checking that out! I called and found out the number to reserve that room.

Might as well ask if we can reserve it.

This is the address to the place:

5803 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX Map (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps2.py?name=Half+Price+Books&desc=%28214%29+379-8000&addr=5803+E+Northwest+Hwy&csz=Dallas+TX)
(214) 379-8000

Sep 19
6pm

If it some how falls through, there's always plan B (which I still like).

thanks

Fly by Knight
09-18-2009, 11:11 AM
So I called, and you have to give three weeks notice to reserve the room. She said it's open for us to use though.

The rules given to me are:

1. No foul language, the room is next to the childrens reading area.
2. Keep the noise down
3. If you move chairs, put them back.

Thanks all, see you tomorrow.

Fly by Knight
09-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Thank you:
Rylie
Adaquacity
Mathwei
and
Xerodrift

It was a blast meeting you and working on char.

I will send out the link tomorrow or Monday.

have a good night

XeroDrift
09-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Thank you:
Rylie
Adaquacity
Mathwei
and
Xerodrift

It was a blast meeting you and working on char.

I will send out the link tomorrow or Monday.

have a good night

Ditto brother, you're good people, see ya soon

spotlight
09-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, guys, sorry to have missed you at Half-Price. At was at XmaxGames at the specified time. They did mention there that Fly (or someone) had been in and didn't like the crowded conditions. There were tables available, but, YEAH, it was CROWDED!

I did not get the message about going to H-P until Sunday, so, that's that. It is not nessassary to reserve a spot there, unless your planning to use the whole room. Next week, I will plan on meeting everyone there at H-P. For those who want an all nighter at some time, there is a Waffle House just up the red line from there, at Spring Valley Station. I frequent the place and after the supper hour, it would be quite the place for a small group to spend the 'bitter watches'.

I do look forward to getting a champaige going again, although I will have to start from scratch myself. It seems that last year when me car got 'cleaned out', I lost more than my stereo, cd set, plumbing tools,ect. Most of my story line notes, vilolians, groups, and a few moduals disappeared also. Tough.

Fly by Knight
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi all,

I never went in there, I called ahead and they said that it would be crowded. I was trying to see if we could play there. They were booked solid, I posted on this site that info last week.

I missunderstood what the "back" room was at HP so I tried to reserve it to ensure we had a place to play. As I had never been to that half price, the one in Lewisville has a small circular table by the kids section, thats it. But this half price was roomy, we just HAVE to keep our voices down and try not to crash any chairs (lol...Rylie).

I will send out the contact list as soon as I get your contact info Spotlight.

I will try to make the 26th for a little while at least as I need to have my char aproved and all.

fbk

Fly by Knight
09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

Okay Im excited, I can make it for sure on Saturday. My char is almost done..skills can get expensive. lol

Adaquacity, im excited to hear about your char..great idea.

Half Price Books on NW Highway at 6pm.

Sorry to hear about your car Spotlight, and your gaming stuff coming up missing. Why would people steal gaming notes and stuff? That'll learn you for killing char as a gm...ha ha.

see you all then

XeroDrift
09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
I'll be there

adaquacity24
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Unfortunatly I won't since I have an alt. game on Saturday. But count me in for next week. Thanks Fly by night, all I need now is to figure out how I'm going to build him.

spotlight
09-26-2009, 03:43 PM
ok guys. I'm hear checking the notes before I head that way. I thought I had post here yesterday (Friday) but either it did not post or I put it somewhere else. Of course, I was tired from work so theres no telling what I acrually did. It seems the consensus that H-P is the place to meet right now so I am heading that way. I am sure I game my cell number to somebody, so give a call if I am wrong.

Fly by Knight
09-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, Saturday was fun! Didnt get much done Champions wise, though i did finish my char.

While the meetings will be every other week, we have met two weeks in a row for char creation and so everyone could at least get together on one of those days.

So the next meeting will be next sat 10/3 at 6pm, Half Price Books.

Everyone has finished their char i believe save Rylie who will just need to finish up. So a quick finish up for her, then making sure every one is ready you guys could probably just jump into a game huh? That would be sweet.

I will be out of town for 10/3, but will be back for our next meeting on 10/17.

It was a blast playing "Lunch Money" though, and sorry Kit. lol

adaquacity24
10-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Just making sure that we were on for the meet. tomorrow (Sat 10/3) night at 6. Since I will be leaving stright from work.

Fly by Knight
10-03-2009, 08:56 AM
"So the next meeting will be next sat 10/3 at 6pm, Half Price Books."

Correct Adaquacity, as far as I know everyone is meeting tonight, well save myself.

Have fun everyone.

spotlight
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
About to leave for Half-Price myself. Be prepared for your charaters to go to an "active crime scene." I thought this would be the best way to introduce all the characters to an offer to join the FBI. Just try not to go beating up the cops, even if your Hero is paranoid. There will be a DB (dead body) and a few other things to look over, so those characters that have police backgrounds should observe proper CSI edicate, et is, latex gloves and plastic baggies for evidence.

Fly by Knight
10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Spotlight,

Please make sure you read your personal mail from me before coming to Half Price Books today.

thanks

Fly by Knight
10-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Mathwei, thanks for running a quick M&M game this weekend, I had a blast. And Freedom Parrot II Kicked major booty...HA!

Thanks everybody for coming who did.

We will be playing M&M for the next couple of sessions possibly while I put together a Champions campaign.

Remember if you want to make your own char for Mathwei's M&M game outside of the one you used, email him to let him know what your interested in.

For the Champions game, I can give you the following information.

1. It will take place in an Alternate Reality Texas in a city called "Diamond City".
2. Superheros are known, but not very common, especially in Texas. In Diamond City, there ones around, but they are "Corporate". hee hee
3. This will be a game where bad guys try do kill you at times, especially normals. Gangsters have guns, so to petty thieves often.
4. It will have a mixture of dark and full color aspects. While it is hero/comic related, it too is reality based (Well, alternate reality).
5. Walking into public offices and some public places as a hero, or having hero powers without being noticed might be difficult at detecters are set to notice you "mutant" abilities.

If your going to make a char for this game now, you are welcome to use whatever your little warped brain thinks up. It is a 250 point max game, you must explain all powers in your back ground and their origin. All char must have a background explaining origins and histories.

thanks

Fly by Knight
10-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi all,

I am up for meeting on Friday if ya'll are. Can't meet on Saturday this week, its my anniversary.

thanks

Fly by Knight
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
:thumb:

Friday at 7pm at half price then. The Freedom Parrot II will soar again!

XeroDrift
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Happy anniversary Fly

Fly by Knight
10-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks Xero!! Sorry we missed you yesterday.

So last night was a blast, thanks for running Mutants and Masterminds mathwei. Rylie had the best line of the night "Serpentine...Serpentine!!!" LOL.

There is talk of changing the night to Fridays and starting at 7pm. Also I should be ready by next session to begin Champions: Diamond City. I gave a good preview last night for those who missed it, I'll try and type up my notes for next time.

Also, I am looking to change the venue to Xmax games possibly by the first of the year, I will call them here in a month or so and check on scheduling for Fridays.

Rylie will be emailing out the schedules as the holidays are coming up. Any problems let her know.

Thanks to Rylie, Adaquacity, and Mathwei for a great game last night.

Fly by Knight

spotlight
11-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I like the Diamond City set up which you have planned. One little point, though, would it be more logical to have Austin and San Atonio as a megaplex with Houston being a mega on its own (w/Beaumont and othe coastals thrown in?)

As I find the time I would like to bring in my original Spotlight character, unless you would rather I build a new one.

Fly by Knight
11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks Spotlight! Excellent suggestion, I'll take a look and most likely put that into effect.

As to "Spotlight", I dont see why not, I would need to see him of course and we would need to work on his back ground.

FBK

adaquacity24
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Next Friday is no good for me I have to close.

Fly by Knight
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks Adaquacity!

As to playing on Fridays. Due to a few people not being able to play on Fridays, our official days to play will be on Saturday. The days I cant make it, Chuck will run M&M and you can play "Private Dancer"...lol.

I wont be there this Saturday due to family coming into town. Hopefully we will have a new person there on Saturday too.

On a side note, Xerodrift emailed me and he has had a death in the family. He will be joining us after everything is worked out.

FBK

spotlight
12-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Weel, I tried to work out 'Old Spots' with the latest ed of the rules, much more difficult than I had thought. Especially, as a semi-retired charcter, reducing him from his current 357 back to 250 just does not seem logical. Sorry, but I think it better to bring my 'Triffid'. Unless your serious about human mutants only...

I have not played him ..it.. in years, but the back story can easily be modified to fit the corporate situation you hinted at for the game background.

The Triffid is a product of a 'possibly' illeagle experiment. The one that created It became a close friend and teacher. When that scientist disappeared (quietly), the Triffid escaped, looking for its friend. The triffid joined a super-group that was investigating attacks on several other labs, the Triffid being very usful for its ability with a powerful entangel.

After it was suspected that a powerful upper managment type was involved, several of the supers were, individually, attacked and soundly defeated. The
Triffid was also captured, using its weakness, and became one of the stoges working for this 600 point badie.

It can now be said that perhaps the Triffid is an independent creature, or maybe it still works for this corperation ... little is known publicly about it. Since it is NOT Human, but a plant, you as GM should decide if it sets off all those mutant detecters, after all, it was grown from a common thistle and is deffinatly a mutation.

Fly by Knight
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I didnt stipulate anywhere that its mutants only. Not sure where you got that Spotlight. I emailed information out quite some time ago about Corelian energy and its detectors.

It would definately pick up your char's elevated Corelian energy as that is what is the driving force behind all super powers, from any planet or species.

Just to make sure, we are playing Hero 5e as no one has accumulated any 6e books as of yet.

Thanks Spotlight
fbk