PDA

View Full Version : Starting a New Group

Laxin
10-17-2009, 05:41 PM
I am wanting to start a new group of four to six players in Allen Texas, would like to have mature players. Would meet once to twice a month on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon or evening and play till TBD. I personally do not think I am a great DM but I can DM and have DMed in the past. I have been playing some 30 years on and off. I do enjoy playing and have been thinking about a type of round robin DM where each player takes turns DMing. The game would pick back up where the last adventure left off leaving no one to knowing where the next adventure will take them. Not saying that if one DM needs to DM twice or more to complete an adventure or that one player does not want to DM. I would prefer 3.5 edition but not opposed to 4th edition rules. If you are in the area of Allen Texas and think that this is something that you might want join let me know lets see if we can get enough players together to have at least a once a month game.

LCMS
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds good if we keep it 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5. Not interested in 4.0. Please PM with further details.

KaiserX
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
I would be interested in Joining, please contact me.

Adalbrecht
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd be interested, but I'm not such a great DM. My only attempts have met with near-total failure. I'll PM you. :)

Asralai
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I am actually interested in it gaming

Laxin
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow this is great. I thought this might take a little longer to get a group together. This is my first time to set up a group on a web forma most of the time I am just a player that has been invited. I really feel like I am missing some details to get this off the ground. If you PM me any questions I will do my best to answer them. If you have any advice I would be gratefully appreciative for the help.

Well I give a little run down.

Gaming System: 3.5 edition
Gaming Setting: Kingdom of Kalamar (just because I like the maps and detail of the setting, I have information can share) and or Home Brewed
Number of players: 4 to 6 plus DM
Gaming Level: 1st level to 3rd level depending on group
DMing: Round Robin would like that everyone at least takes a swing at it. As I said I am not a great DM myself (does not mean that you have too)
Time: Saturday evening about 5 o’clock
Date: October 24 first meeting go over house rules, get to know each other, and get character finished do most character creation with email. If time allows maybe get started into short game. (I do not have one ready as of today but I might be able to but something together unless October 31 is a better date Halloween could be busy at my place).
Snacks: Everyone volunteers to bring something drinks, chips, dips, cookies, etc.

Kingdom Of Kalamar;
The game is based Kingdom of Kalamar Campaign you will be adventure in and around Principality of Pekal. You will start out at the city of Bet Rogala the capital of Pekal. (Page 73 of the Atlas Sourcebook, and page 53 of Campaign Setting Sourcebook, I have copies of both.)

The Past;
In the year 236, the present ruling family Bakar first ascended to the throne of the Kalamaran Empire. Since then there have been numerous Emperors, many whom failed miserably in the governing of the Empire of Kalamar. The Kingdom of Kalamar is the largest and most populous nation on Tellene, and is the central kingdom of the vast Kalamaran Empire.
Over the last two centuries, due to poor governing and decadence rampant in the empire a number of Kingdoms and Principalities declared their independence. These include P’Bapar and Korak in 329 I.R.; Ek’Gakel in 390 I.R.; Pekal in 456 I.R.; Paru’Bor in 459 I.R.; O’Par in 480 I.R.; and Ek’Kasel in 538 I.R.
In many of these kingdoms one or two dominant races control the government, military and legal systems. The Kalamaran humans dominate the population of Empire, and many of the demi-humans live a life just short of slavery. When the people of Pekal revolted from the Empire 107 years ago, they did so to remove the oppressive yoke of the Empire’s rule. The leader of the revolt was a half-elf named Lamnian Endremin, a royal member of both the Cilorean (eleven) and Mendarn (Brandobian) houses. The key to the revolt was the aid, experience and magic of the eleven nation of Cilorea. The revolt was short but decisive. Unfortunately Lamnian died and was lost to the new kingdom in the closing battle outside the Kalokopeli Forest along the banks of the Banader River.
Lamnian’s son Kafen accepted the rulership of the Kingdom but only as a prince. He claimed that only his father would ever be known as the King of Pekal. Prince Kafen’s elvish heritage has blessed him with a long life, and he rules Pekal to this day. The Prince’s eleven nature has also strengthened the relationship with Cilorea and provided the Principality with many years of peace and harmony. He promotes the acts and simple lifestyle based on equality or all civilized races.

The Present;
The year is 563 I.R. (Imperial Reckoning).
The Principality of Pekal and the various races and people of the area live in harmony with the land and it provides them with ample foodstuff and textile material. Although there are financial tiers of wealth as in any society, most people are content and have what they need to maintain their lifestyle.
The concern that is prevalent on the minds of many of the citizens is the Prince. While Kafen’s elvish blood has greatly extended his life, the prince will turn 140 this year, a ripe old age for any half-elf. He has been blessed with four children but many people worry that the eldest may be ill-suited to rule.
In the mist of all this, the Principality of Pekal has been at war with the Kingdom of Tokis for the last ten years. Although the “war” has been reduced to mostly unsuccessful border raids initiated by Tokis many fear return to full-scale battle.
The Principality of Pekal boasts a population of well over a million citizens. However the population of the capital city of Bet Rogala is still under 21,000 people. The reason is that the nation is blessed with wonderful fertile lands and is dotted with many large towns and villages that support the agriculture in their area. One of the largest lakes in all of Tellene, Lake Eb’Sobet is centrally located in the Principality provided not only a natural fishing environment, but transportation hub for the towns along the shores.
The lands of Pekal are very much coveted by the forces of Kalamar and their servants in Tokis. The crops of Pekal today are traded regularly with the elves of Cilorea as well as many of the Young Kingdoms to the west. Likewise coveted is the great storehouse of knowledge contained in Bet Rogala. Within the capital resides the Collage of Magic. Over a dozen instructors, many of them archmagi of considerable power, instruct the many dedicated students of magic within the city. These students often indenture themselves to the military of Pekal in lieu of the cost of their training, serving as military mages or magical scouts. Many independent wizards located throughout Tellene still swear support to the Collage of Magic in Bet Rogala.
All in all Pekal is actually a very typical medieval Principality, with normal everyday folks that could be found in anyone’s homeland. The common folk know little about magic other than it exists and that there is a collage of magic in the city. Obviously magic items are not part of their day to day life. The average farmer or fisherman does not use magic nor does he ply his trade with a magical fishhook or plow. However, they might recognize magic when in its presence as traveling clerics will occasionally bless farms, people and harvests as they come across these common country sites. Traveling arcane spell casters are also known to periodically offer their services to help the commoners in exchange for a dry bed and a warm meal. These acts of kindness have created a sense of unity between the common folk and those mystical travelers.
The Principality of Pekal is located almost in the center of the known world. To the west of the Principality are the Young Kingdoms and Brandobia. To the east of the Principality lie the Wild Lands and Reanaaria Bay’s independent city-state. And finally to the south of the Principality lies the Kingdom of Kalamar and continent of Svimohzia.
The Principality of Pekal produces many of the goods that it requires. One important exception is that if iron. It imports iron from a number of the Young Kingdoms, specifically the city of P’Bapar and the Militocracy of Korak. It is rumored that the Principality of Pekal has a hidden source of wealth other than farmlands and fertile fishing grounds. And many speculate that it is this wealth that is causing the Kalamaran Empire to expend so much effort to recapture the Principality. If this rumor is true no one in Pekal is talking about it openly.

The Lands of Pekal;
Pekal is fairly temperate area of Tellene, which experiences four distinct seasons. The winter months tend to very mild compared to those in the higher elevations or more northern climates. Still Pekal has some very cold periods particularly in the months of Snowfall and Famine. The lake never freezes and provides a constant source of fresh food for the kingdom. The lake does provided a source of moisture for the many snowfalls that blanket the eastern shores of the lake.
The non-winter months are mild with the temperature rarely going above 85* F There is no rainy season; rather, rainfall is fairly consistent through the year. This consistency and the fertility of the soil in Pekal are the direct reasons for the prosperity of the agriculture lifestyles that thrive in Pekal.
When Pekal became independent in 456 I.R. or 267 C.M. (Coming of Miznoh, the calendar used in Hava’s native Svimohzia), Prince Kafen had a large number of supporters among the local nobility. To govern this large principality with its rural and dispersed population, Prince Kafen created eight districts. Each of these districts functioned semi-independently from each other. The nobles in each district were responsible for protection, tax collection, and maintenance of the district. The Pekalese military stayed under control of the Principality’s government in Bet Rogala and worked in conjunction with the district governments build new fortifications and patrol each district.

The Eight District and Towns of Pekal;
The River District:
This area is the most westerly district in Pekal. It covers all the area on the northwestern borders of Pekal. The district government is based in the town of Dethido on the Renador River. Dethido is home to the Pekalese river merchant fleet and is the destination for much of the northern trade. Either from the nations of Ek’Gakel or the independent city of Kalaleta.

The Lake District:
This district is one of the smallest both in size and in population. It consists of the village on the northern shores of Lake Eb’Sobet from Fort Renthar and along the western shores to the Udo Bog. The district government is housed in the small town of B’Fagido. This was a strange compromise given the fact that B’Fagido is one of the only towns in the district not on the lakeshore. It was however, the town residing on the road to Dethido.

The Mounds District:
As the name states this district is made up primarily of the lands of the Kamarela Mounds. The district’s southern border is that of the Elder’s Way – the main road from Pekal to those kingdoms to the west. It encompasses the Udo Bog and the settlement of Stone Dwarves in the bog. The government of the district is in Favido. Favido is a small city that sits astride The Elder’s Way and the South Merchant Way. It is the crossroads of all land-based merchant caravans that cross the borders of Pekal.

The Kalokopeli District:
Bordering the wilderness of the Kalokopeli Forest, the district’s government is based in the town of Elvinar. Though the Kalokopeli is believed to be peaceful, domesticated, and serene, rumors abound in western Pekal of incursions from Hobgoblin brigands and ruffians who venture north from Prompeldia, City of Thieves. Recent brigand raids originating from the Kalokopeli Forest have caused this district to begin to make use of the various mercenaries and adventures that reside in Pekal.

The Elos District:
This is the largest district in Pekal. The district stretches from its seat of government in Baneta all the way to its eastern borders on the E’Liral River. Much of the district has been home to the battles of the war with Tokis and is still often raided by Tokis forces or privateers. As such, there is a great deal of abandoned land in the Elsos District since the inhabitants have either been killed or fled to less dangerous territory.

The Central District:
This district does not have its own independent government. This is the district that contains Bet Rogala and is governed directly by the Principality government. It is by far the most populous district with the town of Lebolegido, Famido and W’pawido.

The Wilderness District:
This is the least populated district and is slightly larger then the Lake District in size. Located north of Bet Rogala, this district lacks any official seat of government. The Principality leaves these lands in their original state. Prince Kafen and the elves of Cilorealon agreed to maintain this as a natural reserve allowing little, if any, new development. These lands have few permanent residents, mostly druids and rangers that prefer the wilderness. The only village of any size in the district is Ka’afido.

The Eastern District:
The final district is Eastern Pekal. Today, Eastern Pekal is under military rule. These grasslands, while home to many ranchers and farmers, house the strength of the Pekalese Military. Fortifications abound in the countryside which includes the boarders with Tokis and Paru’Bor.

Character Creating Rules;
Step One Level
Game level will start at level 1st level. Each player should plan there character to be 1st level. Backgrounds on your character will earn extra xp.

Step Two Ability Score:
To keep all characters balanced use the nonstandard point buy method of abilities score generation. This method can be found in Chapter 2 of the DMG (I think). Each character will use 39 points (point buy system) distributed among the six abilities scores. Obviously there is no difference in choosing a stating score of 6, 7, or 8 from a cost stand point. There is no benefit to choosing a score lower than 8 other then any role-playing benefit that might be obtained by having a 6 or 4 score.

Step Three Race and Class:
You may choose any race and class combination as specified Kingdom of Kalamar Player’s Guide (I have copy) or the Player’s Hand Book. Remember some of the combinations require administrative permission to use. Make any character adjustment based on the racial adjustment and level advancement as found in the Kingdom of Kalamar Player’s Guide or Player’s Hand Book. You must choose a non-evil alignment for your character that also meets alignment requirements or restriction of your selected class. A starting cleric or paladin must serve one of the orders of a non-evil deity as described in the Kingdom of Kalamar Campaign Sourcebook (I have copy).

Step Four Hit Points;
Assign your starting character the maximum number of hit points per their starting class. (This means you get max HP for the level plus any Con bonus.) The maximum number of hit points is only given for his/her start level upon creating the character. For each level a character gains after his/her start level. Increase the characters hit points by rolling the dice or you may take 50%. (This means half your character max HP plus Con bonus if any.) If you chose to roll the dice and take the chance with a better HP you must take what you roll (no changing your mind because you got a bad roll).

Step Five Skills, Feats, and Spells;
Select your skills and feats following the guidelines in the Player’s Handbook, or Kingdom of Kalamar Player’s Guide. Feats and skills from the supplemental Dungeons and Dragons guidebooks are limited and only those that are approved by DM first.

Step Six Starting Gold, and Equipment
A starting character receives the maximum amount of gold pieces for his or her character class and/or level. They are allowed to buy any standard equipment from the Player’s Handbook, or the Kingdom of Kalamar Player’s Guide. Note masterwork, quality, magical or special equipment may not be selected or purchased with out approvable specifically from the DM.

Adalbrecht
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Still looking for more players, I think. *bump*

fightguy76
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I wouldnt mind trying this group out, if you guys are still looking shoot me back..

shadowfalcon76
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, probably a little late, but if you're still interested in looking for a player, I'd be interested in joining up. Send me a PM if there's still room available.

joe greco
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
I am interested in joining your group. We have rotated the DM job and it works great. I'm a big fan of that. Forty years old, know the rules and play fast. let me know. Thanks JOE

I am wanting to start a new group of four to six players in Allen Texas, would like to have mature players. Would meet once to twice a month on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon or evening and play till TBD. I personally do not think I am a great DM but I can DM and have DMed in the past. I have been playing some 30 years on and off. I do enjoy playing and have been thinking about a type of round robin DM where each player takes turns DMing. The game would pick back up where the last adventure left off leaving no one to knowing where the next adventure will take them. Not saying that if one DM needs to DM twice or more to complete an adventure or that one player does not want to DM. I would prefer 3.5 edition but not opposed to 4th edition rules. If you are in the area of Allen Texas and think that this is something that you might want join let me know lets see if we can get enough players together to have at least a once a month game.

joe greco
07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Myself and friend are experienced players lfg. Our group just finished. we are in plano and dont mind driving. looking to start immediately. We are both easy to get along with and dont tell others how to play. we are mid 30's in age. call 469-441-6139 or email joe@greco.net joe

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Still looking for more players, I think. *bump*
We are starting a new group if you are interested email joe@greco.net

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I wouldnt mind trying this group out, if you guys are still looking shoot me back..
we are starting a new group if you are interested e-mail joe@greco.net. thanx

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Well, probably a little late, but if you're still interested in looking for a player, I'd be interested in joining up. Send me a PM if there's still room available.
we are stating a new group if you are interested e-mail joe@greco.net