PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer FRP

Ssendam
10-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi All,

New to forum here, (be gentle!)

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, what's the deal with this now? There is something called WFRP second ed. but then it looks like Fantasy Flight are about to issue a new version.

I'm very confused :)

Stay Frosty

Ssendam

fmitchell
10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I started a thread about it here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13232) last week.

WFRP Second Edition is essentially the Green Ronin version, republished by FFG, with a few new supplements.

WFRP Third Edition is FFG's brand new version, using a different set of mechanics, and requiring special components provided in a $100 Core Set and subsequent supplements. It hasn't been released yet; it's due sometime in December, although they're arranging a Pre-Release Event (http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/wfrp-prerelease-stores.html) in November.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Owning everything 1E & 2E, i'm pretty excited to see how 3E is different. I even have friends ready and available to playtest 3E. Should be great fun seeing as how i was very pleased with the first two editions.

Ssendam
10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
*Brrrrr*

Scary. I'm not sure I like that sort of system where they provide all those pre-printed things you have to have. I might stick to BRP and runequest.

... Looks very pretty though and I like the idea of the different coloured dice.

bigironvault
10-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I am interested as well, I always loved the production values of WHRP. Playing the game however, is a different story.

This one 3ed sounds more like a boardgame. Don't get me wrong I love the concept of custom dice in any game. (Google Mysterious Circumstances a game I wrote which uses custom dice.) The price also makes me believe that it is more in line with FFG boardgames etc. 30 custom dice a game is around $20 to manufacture.

But somehow it always comes across as inflexible at the higher levels when people are rolling 15 dice (exaggerating of course) to perform a task.