PDA

View Full Version : Shackled City Adventure Path (3.5 Ed.)

Synyster 9
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey there!

I am looking to begin a new campaign in the Empire, Oh (43926 zip code area) using the Shackled City Adventure Path published by Paizo, the company that used to author the Dungeon and Dragon magazines.

The campaign will be in either Forgotten Realms or Eberron, depending on what they players prefer (I DM in both frequently.) It will be a solid mix of roleplay and combat, with plenty of side threads and plot twists to keep even the most ADD inclined person (such as myself) interested.

I currently have 1 player (my wife) and am looking for more. While I have no problems starting a campaign with only two PCs (should I find another player) however, I hope to at least get 2-3 more players to help fill the group out.

I have DM'd for about 5 years now, and would consider myself fairly adequate, and the type of DM that does it for the fun, not for the power trip. We don't rule lawyer, or powergame, we just enjoy the game as I feel it was meant to be played, with the aspect of fun in mind.

We game normally 1 night a week for a fairly decent game session, usually 4-6 hours, and since we normally game at our house, we tend to game while we eat dinner or snack, anything to just enjoy the company of the players and the atmosphere of the game. My wife and I have always felt that a good game group extends beyond the table, meaning you should enjoy not only gaming with somebody, but be able to enjoy their company while they are there.

New gamers are more than welcome, as I don't mind helping to coax the new player into a solid veteran :biggrin: Also, if you are interested, I would like to meet first for something along the lines of a cup of coffee or maybe some lunch to chat. As I mentioned before, I am a firm believer that if you can't mesh well together during lunch or a cup of coffee, you probably won't enjoy gaming together.

Hopefully this post will draw some attention and we can start gaming soon, I am really looking forward to running this campaign, as it is by the far the most amount of time I have been afforded to prepare for a campaign before, giving me the opportunity to really flesh the game out well.

Look forward to hearing from you, and happy gaming!

NeoDarc
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Hmmm.....I might be interested. It's been far too long since i've been in a group or just plain gamed at all

Synyster 9
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, it's good to hear that you are interested, shoot me a PM with your e-mail, and maybe we can meet somewhere for lunch or something to discuss it. Look forward to hearing from you :)

Synyster 9
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I also wanted to mention that the Shackled City Adventure path is a highly challenging campaign to play in. While I take no joy in a TPK like some DM's do, I also feel that players enjoy being challenged, and therefore tend to not pull any punches.

I also wanted to mention that I usually play with the Critical Hit/Fumble deck that Paizo has released.