traesin
10-14-2009, 05:22 AM
out of character discussion

Arkhemedes
10-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Cooool! Count me in!

mnemenoi
10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll work on a character and try and get a sheet to you shortly, anywhere in the western heartlands we should try and focus on specifically?

Arkhemedes
10-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Wow, I am so jealous Traesin if you got a player like Mnemenoi interested in your pbp. I've read a lot of your pbp Mnemenoi and you've had some great stuff and some great players. I'm really looking forward to this now. I know you have a particular liking for the Realms, as do I, but what do I have to do to get players like you interested in Ravenloft?

~ Ark, the Jealous Dragon

mnemenoi
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I ran some Ravenloft back in the days, but I fear I did so much Old WoD that it always wins out when I shoot for that genre, lol. I'll look it over your game though, I did love playing gypsies in that setting.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Is there a party breakdown thus far or is everything fair game?

traesin
11-01-2009, 12:50 AM
everything is fair game.

I'll work on a character and try and get a sheet to you shortly, anywhere in the western heartlands we should try and focus on specifically?

You will be starting in an Inn on a caravan route so no. You can be from anywhere you want.

Addicted2aa
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Still got room?

traesin
11-06-2009, 08:48 AM
yep.
unless crap hits the fan (again) this weekend, i will be posting info on your starting point. I'd like to get eveyone's character done by next weekend so I can get started.

mnemenoi
12-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Great start everyone, looking forward to seeing the group dynamics

Arkhemedes
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm a bit puzzled by Addicted2aa's first post. You mention something about the appearance of your skin, but you give no description of your character. Could you give us a description so we can decide what our initial response to you might be?

Addicted2aa
12-02-2009, 02:36 AM
woops. Guess that's kinda the point of a first post :redface:. Well here's a no frills intro. I'll edit my story post to reveal what would be seen.

He's tall, 6'3' which I think is 190 cm. Thin, 185 lbs or 84 kg. Black as midnight. Not a drow, he's from Chult. Blue Triangle tattoo on his forehead. He's wearing leather armor, a vest, and a light weight outfit with a hood colored like American camoflouge from the vietnam days. He has a decorated shield and very short spear on his back. He's wearing sandals. His hair is black and short. He is wearing a light beard, maybe a cm in lenghth. It is full and thick. He has a belt pouch and numerous other little pouches on his legs and arms.

Addicted2aa
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Is there a way we can see what the inn looks like?

Tlif
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Well their's a map attached to the social group, which I assume is the inn.

Arkhemedes
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Is there a way we can see what the inn looks like?
I posted a map of the inn on the front page of the Realms group forum.

Addicted2aa
12-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh. Sorry. I'm new to the forum. Didn't think to check the group. Please put up with some dumb questions I'll be sure to ask
Datu is at table 15

traesin
12-03-2009, 09:45 AM
there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Just to let everyone know, I work overnights so if you do see me on here that's why.

Arkhemedes
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Umm...in your last post in game thread traesin, is that suppose to say, "one group strikes you as old" or should it say, "one group strikes you as odd"?

Oh, and my apologies to Led Zeppelin and their fans of course, and to all the other musicians and their fans whose music may be quoted in the future. (Hey, I can't be expected to write music on here as well you know ;).)

traesin
12-04-2009, 02:00 AM
odd, old eh. yea I was tired, am again tonight so watch out...

Azar
12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Manhore, really, I know you must know this, but it does sound awfully close to a word that I dare not say on pen and paper games. I just think its funny, and I have no problem but... ROFL!!!!!!!

Arkhemedes
12-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, it's a name that I use frequently on my computer games, obviously taken from a favorite Rob Schneider movie.

Here's something you probably didn't know: Rohnam is Manhor spelled backwards. Manhor is Rohnam's cousin. I told this to Traesin and she liked it too. So I went with it.

Azar
12-10-2009, 12:04 AM
ROFL!!!! Thats the funiest thing I have heard all night. Thank you for that.

Arkhemedes
12-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Rats! My happy music was actually kind of directed at the men in black. :lol:

traesin
12-11-2009, 09:21 AM
bawahahahahahahahahaa!

Arkhemedes
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
You're sure they all made their saves, huh? What are they, the Goons Who Hate Music? :biggrin:

traesin
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes, they are goons that hate music. Either that or your playing really sucks to them :)

Addicted2aa
12-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Sorry I've been absent for a couple of days. Kinda left you hanging there Ark. My final projects and my girl friend have been owning my life. Should be more regular after thursday though.

Addicted2aa
12-13-2009, 12:09 AM
These men in black, is there anything special about them we can see? Are we close enough to make out the emblem on their patches?

traesin
12-13-2009, 01:48 AM
The only thing you can see in passing is that they have different color patches. 4 are blue, 2 are green and two are red.

Arkhemedes
12-13-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm assuming there is a word missing in traesin's last post. Would that be "a strange sound coming"?

Does this mean it's time for Kain to take a bath? :biggrin:

traesin
12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I thought I would make everyone guess what was strange but noooooo You had to complain. so I fixed it. happy now? :)

Arkhemedes
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Ahhh, I see. Part of your evil plot to throw us off.

Ha! You'll not trick me so easily! (Waves fist in the air).:biggrin:

traesin
12-14-2009, 12:42 AM
but I already have...

Arkhemedes
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Just curious...Mnemenoi describes Tam as being "a washed up drunken swordsman." So is Tam not first level as I assume the rest of us are?

mnemenoi
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm 1st, just choosing to play an older starting character. No great success in his past other then failures and regrets. I imagine this adventure is something of a 'crucible' to judge what he shall become. He is in his mid thirties, a bit worn down and rough around the edges.

Arkhemedes
12-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Btw, Manhor was told that the name of Tlif's character was Solinar. But I believe his name is actually Sorinar, and no one has yet corrected this mistake. Therefor Manhor does not know his actual name just yet.

Tlif
12-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Heh, I think Solinar sounds better anyways, so just call him that for now on.

Arkhemedes
12-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Solinar it is then. ;)

Arkhemedes
12-22-2009, 09:25 AM
You know, I am always amazed at some of the backgrounds I hear about or read for a bunch of first level characters. Many of these characters sound as if they have been adventuring for years. Not just here but in other campaigns as well. In my own PBP, one of the original backgrounds I read said that the character was an old veteran soldier who had lost faith in himself and was now a wandering mercenary. This was for a first level character! So my question is: How come these characters haven't earned any experience in all this time? :lol:

Azar
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Well to me it's quite simple, it's like if I forgotten how to do algebra, because my job doesn't need it, i'm just lazy and sit around on the computer all day, or something else. I will forget it, like them, they maybe get overweight, they lose the the will to fight, or something along that matter. Now thats how I see it, some other people may see it differently.

Tlif
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I just thought that after I made my back story. Well I supposed it's partially justified by that he was basically a kid when he joined up with the mercs, and as such was a 0th level character. But considering he was a mercenary for a decade, it seems like he should be more in the range of 5th-8th level. Maybe all of his merc jobs where hunting rats, or he just got hit on the head a bunch.

Arkhemedes
12-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Well, it's just that I think players need to consider the level of their characters whenever they make up their backgrounds. Just as they should take into consideration everything from their ability scores, to their alignments, their classes, their skills, their feats, etc., etc. All of these things will have an effect on their backgrounds, or vice versa; their backgrounds will have an effect on anything they know. So a character that has 0 experience points has either not had any real experience at anything that could be considered adventuring, or he has forgotten it all.

Now, I realize that players like to make interesting backgrounds for their characters. But there are many ways to do this without these characters actually doing things that would earn them experience points. Whenever a player in one of my campaigns gives me a background that does not really match up with what is on the character sheet, I will have them adjust it until it does match up. But that's just me I guess. I tend to be very nit-picky about certain story-related details because if they don't make sense to me then I lose the 'suspension of disbelief' that is so very important for me to be interested in the story (I'm the same way with movies and books, and if my BS detector goes off too many times I lose all interest in them.).

As for the idea that characters can lose experience for sitting around and being lazy: 1) This is a bad precedent to set because by doing so you open the door for the DM to subtract experience points because you haven't used certain skills in a long time. 2) If later on, the DM does not subtract experience points for lack of using certain skills, then apparently this loss of experience points is very selective and random - another bad precedent to set. 3) No where in any book does it say or even suggest that characters can lose experience because they didn't use certain skills for a long time. 4) Perhaps most importantly, none of these characters have actually sat around long enough to lose any experience points even if that were possible.

Now, I understand the analogy about forgetting algebra, as I know I have forgotten a great many things in my life. But we're not talking about losing a skill or a knowledge. We're talking about losing experience. Granted, a lot of these game terms don't make a great deal of sense if you analyze them too much. But in my mind, experience should always be cumulative unless something traumatic has occurred.

Don't get me wrong though. This isn't intended to be a rant here. Just food for thought the next time you make up a character background. ;)

Addicted2aa
12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I understand your point Ark, but I think that having one or two adventures before first level is fine. For example an old veteran soldier may have been in many battles but only actually killed three or four people. He was shuffled from unit to unit and spent most battles just trying to survive. He stabbed some one in the back once. Killed an injured knight trapped under his horse. Other than that he just swung his sword and tried to stay close to others in on his side. His fighting was mostly unskilled and he spent more time ducking and dodging than fighting. It wasn't the same as the small group fighting that fully involves the whole party that adventuring is.

A thief who has been cutting purses and occasionally robbing, but never really taken the risks required for good money and experience.
I think of it like this, these are adventurers. For one reason or another they are better than average people. Top 5% maybe. Perhaps because they were born that way or perhaps over a career they have become more proficient than normal people, but till now never really found a chance to excel.

The merc example is easy. Most caravans need guards. Those guards aren't primarily there to fight, but to discourage other people from attacking. Sometimes they do have to fight, but it's easy to believe that a person couldn't have been guarding a main trade route for years with some jobs on the side and only saw a handful of battles.

Arkhemedes
12-23-2009, 07:52 PM
All good points Addicted. And I would completely agree with them all. Sometimes a person will be a witness to events and never really learn anything from them, or be a part of something where meaningful events never occur. But I would categorize these under "not had any real experience at anything that could be considered adventuring" as stated above.

There is also the argument that 0 level characters start off with negative experience points and must earn a certain amount just to complete their initial training and reach "zero experience points." I've done a few 0-level campaigns in this way as well.

sahelfootball82
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Commoner beginnings!! I have never played one but I had a friend that has played several and I have heard the stories from him, they are hysterical!! By the way, I'm working with Traesin to get a character into the story, so I apologize for never having introduced myself as of yet, but I'm working with some very non-standard stuff for my character so poor Trasesin is having to do a lot of work to try and see if it would work out at all. Hopefully I'll get the green light on at least some kind of character in the next few days and I can join you guys.

By the way, Arkhemedes, I totally agree. I love the 'suspension of belief' in anything I do and RPG's are no different. However I had never thought of the lack of experience bit, that changes my thoughts for my character's background quite a bit, but in a good way. So thanks, and I look forward to seeing this story unfold.

mnemenoi
12-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Welcome aboard (hopefully) this has been a fun game thus far and some good character dynamics.

In regards to Ark's question about experience, I worked up Tam as a hanger on, no real battle to speak of. He has been a consummate wall flower for his days and though he was at certain places he never shined nor did anything other then enjoy himself. I imagine him wanting to do something grander, but his vices have thus far kept him from acting in a manner of greatness.

traesin
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I should (knock on wood) have some stuff ready to go by Monday.

Arkhemedes
12-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Say, who's running this campaign here anyway? I forget.

Jk ;)

traesin
12-30-2009, 03:50 AM
ya'll seem to be doing a great job without me. I figured I'd let you guys run it. :)

Arkhemedes
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Just to get my bearings straight, which table is Aram sitting at?

Azar
01-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Not to offend you traesin, but I feel that there hasn't been much feedback from you, we all just sit around and talk the whole time, and me personally, I just wait to see if anything interesting is going to be posted by you.

I aslo said something to a man that was talking to the lady, and I never got a response, I think it got skipped over. Again I don't mean to offend, I justy would like to see, as a player, some more initiative from the DM, think of it as constructive criticism.

~Azar
Edit: Okay, I just missed the posting, my bad.:biggrin:

traesin
01-03-2010, 03:20 AM
yea last month was really rough for me. It was a year ago I threw my ex in jail for domestic violence and the 28th of Dec is never a good day for me. My friend Lotus died that day. I got a friend right now that her Dad is dying and her Mom just got out of the hospital. She's never had to deal with sickness before, so I've been her rock. She has no family round here either. Things will be picking up now.

Just to get my bearings straight, which table is Aram sitting at?
table 4

Azar
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
:( Now I feel bad

traesin
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Why? If things are going good for you, rejoice. I don't generally talk about things going on in my life so how would you know? No don't feel sad, rejoice in the fact that life is good. I may have had a bad month, but I know this month will be better.

Azar
01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
well thats good, i will pray for good fortune for you, and everyone else.

sahelfootball82
01-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Wow, you don't find much mention of prayer among RPG players...just their characters. I respect that, and I agree with it as well.

Azar
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow, you don't find much mention of prayer among RPG players...just their characters. I respect that, and I agree with it as well.

Well, I am christian myself, and I show it sometimes, but I don't like telling people I play D&D and i'm christian. My great grandmother and everyone she knows, believes it's evil. It's easier to let her think what she thinks about D&D , then changing an 80 year olds mind about something she has hated all her life.

traesin
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Yea I know that mind set well. I get it from my sister. I keep telling her that it is just a game, but...well...You can't tell any of the women in my family what to do. :)
I did a paper on D&D in high school. One of the books I read said that D&D was as evil as the Care Bears and the Smurfs. I fell out laughing when I read that.

Azar
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
lol, how the hell are smurfs evil, they are the coolest things. Care Bears.... no comment :whistle: lol.

sahelfootball82
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm just glad to see a fellow Christian playing D&D. Most of the people I know are like that, too, believing that it's completely evil. I do what I can to fight the stereotype, but it's limited. I agree though, I'm not quite sure how smurfs and Care Bears are evil...oh well, I DO know that people are weird.

Azar
01-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Poeple will believe in someone who is famous, has power, or has a very controlling type of attitude. So if the president, lets say, said that muppets where evil, more than half the country would believe him. Even if he was lying. That goes to show you, how the human race is so stupid. But we are the real humans, and not brainless zombies.

traesin
01-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Fear of the unknown. Fear will drive people to fallow one person that seems to be fearless. There for that one person will control all and all will believe and do as that person says.

Oh and count me in as another Christan.

sahelfootball82
01-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Alright, so far there are three of us in this game alone. Suddenly I am even more excited then ever about this game!! And by the way, I have never done a play by post before, so if I do anything dumb, or seem to do too much per post (or not enough) or anything like that, just let me know. Construtctive criticism is very much appreciated.

Azar
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
You seem to be doing great, it makes me read alot more, your posts are massive, as they should be.

traesin
01-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Actually most of the gamers I have played with were Christians.

Addicted2aa
01-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Do we know what sort of commotion it sounds like? Loud yelling as if the inn were entertain a full court? Screaming as if someone is being raped? General moving and thudding noises, some muffled voices?

sahelfootball82
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I second that question, depending on the sounds will completely affect how most characters will respond to it, mine will definitely be dependent on knowing exactly what sort of sounds are comprising this commotion.
Ok, I apologize for it rolling twice, I guess just pick whichever roll will fit your campaign better. Apparently merging posts causes a roll in the firs post to be rolled again, this I didn't know before. Anyway, just pick whichever of the rolls you want.

I also have a question, on something like this, or skill checks or something is a higher or lower number better?

Arkhemedes
01-06-2010, 07:00 PM
For 2e, the lower the number the better for skill checks and ability checks.

sahelfootball82
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Wow, then my first roll was incredible!!

mnemenoi
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Great posts everyone, I like the feel and dynamic we seem to have. I love the character of Aram, well written and good meat to the character. Great job for your first PBP!

Arkhemedes
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, as usual, Manhor lives up to his name. :rockon: I know you saw that one coming traesin. However, if Joan was not suitable, feel free to change the blond's name. ;)

traesin
01-07-2010, 04:14 AM
sigh...

Addicted2aa
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking it takes Datu two to three minutes to get dressed and ready, so don't respond to that post right away.

Arkhemedes
01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I must say that I'm every bit as confused as my character, which may be a good thing I suppose (which one was Leena and how is it that other characters seem to know who she was?) I must have missed something I guess. Well, hope my shinanigans didn't bungle things up too much. :biggrin:

mnemenoi
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Tam has worked there for a bit and knew the entire family

sahelfootball82
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I just figured that in a small inn like that you wouldn't have more than a few serving girls. Since we had the wife and two girls downstairs, Joan upstairs, that means including Leena it makes 5 serving girls, more than enough. And it made it more fitting for my character to join in if he had some small connection with her, so I decided it would be her who had greeted him at the door.

traesin
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Leena was the one would originally greeted you all save Tam at the door. She is the only daughter of Alden and Sara. The rest are hired.

Arkhemedes
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Cool. I'm just concerned that we may be taking a few too many liberties with the NPCs is all. And I would include myself in that as well. Didn't realize one of the girls would suddenly go missing. I'm assuming that Alden was the one who called the guards and reported Leena (or Lenna, as Traesin has spelled it two different ways) missing, since he would certainly know before the guards would, which then leads me to the assumption that he knew where Joan was last night because he didn't report her missing (and I still have no idea if Joan is related to Alden or not). But what do we know about Leena other than the fact that she is a young lady and the daughter of Alden? It would be a reasonable assumption I think, that she was the 15 year old who greeted us at the door. We also know that Lacy and Joan (who served most if not all of us our drinks) were working there last night. I'm also assuming that Mnemenoi has been privy to information about the family there that the rest of us have not, since he knew their names before any of them were posted. And, while I'm busy making assumptions, I guess I'll throw in the one that it was okay (though perhaps not preferable) for Joan to have been the blond in Mahor's bed, since Traesin didn't make me change the name. After all, there could have been other women in the bar last night.

On the other hand, it would be great if Manhor was "fooling around with the farmer's daughter" so to speak, which fits him to a tee and is the main reason he's on the road now.

EDIT: Oh, figures Traesin would post while I was writing this. Never mind. :biggrin:

traesin
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
As we all know I have spelling issues. It is spelled Leena. However excuse me if I screw it up. My notes aren't always next to me when I type and spell check doesn't pick it up. :)

You guys are doing fine with the npc's. If I have a problem with what you do, I will let you know or work around it.

mnemenoi
01-08-2010, 06:21 PM
It's cool I wrote the book on spelling errors.... and writing in Tam's diction is always amusing. The spell check goes haywire! Thick Irish and a Kentucky Hillfolk were a bit worse though.

Your doing a great job Traesin, I'm enjoying it thoroughly ;)

p.s. hope you don't mind the impromptu extra sketchy folks I threw in, I hate just pointing out the ones we wrote over. I'm certain everyone that goes there is traveling and anyone different would be looked at suspiciously.

Arkhemedes
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
If I'm reading this right, one of the guards left the inn, but the other one is still there. Is that right?

traesin
01-10-2010, 06:21 AM
two are there. and no I don't mind the extra red shirts.

Arkhemedes
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
In that case, it looks like there is a bit of a problem with Azar's last post as Kain apparently does not see the two guards still standing there. Can somebody please fix this before we move on?

Azar
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
My bad, I messed up. But I fixed it.

traesin
01-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I'm hoping some aspirin and sleep fixes it. However if you don't see me post anything tomorrow that's why. I'm not going to post tonight either as my head is pounding and I can't think. (and no, there wasn't any alcohol involved.)

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

sahelfootball82
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better tomorrow, a good night's sleep always does wonders, especially with warm covers and a soft stuffed animal to cuddle with :)

sahelfootball82
01-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Looks like you're feeling better, Traesin, good for you!! :biggrin:

traesin
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM
sort of. At least my brain is working again.

Arkhemedes
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Like Tam, Manhor is just waiting for the guards to start asking their questions. I figure we have enough volunteers to search for the girl and Manhor is just not feeling up to volunteering for anything right now. Besides, he figures, unless someone asks him to help, isn't looking for lost girls the guard's job?

sahelfootball82
01-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Traesin, I wasn't sure exactly what I was making the wisdom check about so I'm waiting to continue my post until I know what my check result entails so I don't so something that goes against the situation as it will be.

Addicted2aa
01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Question in regard to saving throws. Ark just said we don't have to make them when he plays music, which makes sense to me since I would imagine I am trying to allow the effects to happen. Is that the way it works in 2nd? if you want to effects no saving throw?

Arkhemedes
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
You can willingly fail any saving throw if you want to, simply by not trying to avoid the affect of whatever it is that requires the save.

However, if for some reason your character would rather not be calmed (or whatever) by Manhor's music, I suppose technically you would be required to make the saving throw. But I guess that the point which I was trying to make was that Manhor's music, in this case, was not really directed at the other PCs (although they too could just as easily be affected by it) but rather the NPCs. I just don't want to be the one who's always trying to influence the mood of other PCs with a non-magical ability for the same reason that PCs are never required to make morale checks - as this, I think, should be a decision that the player is allowed to make.

Plus, I don't think we need to spend a lot of time having all the PCs make saving throws for something as minor as a change in mood. And as often as I'm bound to use this ability, I think it would get very tiresome rather quickly.

traesin
01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes.

it's nice to have a rules expert on here. Ark is right and and a big thanks to him! (and I really mean that.)

Addicted2aa
01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Another question, this one more on etiquette. How much control are we allowed over each others characters. I would like to make a post where Kain and Datu head out to scout the town, but am I allowed to say he follows because he said yes?
I assume putting Solinar in would be too much since he hasn't said yes yet.

Arkhemedes
01-22-2010, 06:41 PM
My thinking on this is that you should always get an 'okay' from other players before including them in anything. Either ask them here, send them a PM or have your character ask them on the game thread. Unless, a player has stated that its alright, don't assume they are going to do anything. You may be correct in your assumption. But if you're wrong it can create big problems in a pbp, particularly if other players post after you, and before the player whose character you 'took control of', has had the chance to correct it. At a certain point, things might get very screwed up and there would be no way to fix it without deleting a lot of posts.

It may slow the game down more to get an 'okay' from the other player. But if the other player was intending to do something else, the alternative could be much worse.

The DM, I think, can take more liberties with this. But even the DM needs to be careful about it. For example, in my pbp, I always warn the players that I'm going to 'bring the evening to a close' well in advance so that characters have the opportunity to do any last minute things before going nighty-nite.

Just my two cents. But, of course, Traesin is the DM here. ;)

Azar
01-22-2010, 08:05 PM
it's an okay with me : )

traesin
01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Really!?! I'm Dm here!?! Oh crap......:biggrin:

Arkhemedes
01-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Okay. I'm going to try and shut up for now. Sometimes I just can't stop myself. :biggrin:

traesin
01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Keep it up. Your making my job easier.

Addicted2aa
01-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Aight, thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for permission Azar. next time I'll just pm so I don't hijack a full thread.

Arkhemedes
01-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Say, what's up with these so-called guards anyway? They don't seem to be doing much questioning...or much of anything for that matter.

(Sorry, couldn't stay quiet for very long. :biggrin:)

traesin
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Yea I know....(sigh).
actually, If you han been paying attention, They are questioning the other patrons in the inn.

Addicted2aa
01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
So before I make a post I was wondering what the town looks like particularly how many roads are there into town and are any of them larger than the others.

traesin
01-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh picky, picky... :) Actually I am working on getting it posted. Please be patient.

traesin
01-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Okay, as long as me and my printer/scanner have no more issues, I will have the village map posted this afternoon.
map is up.
map is up.

Addicted2aa
01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Thank you. post coming tonight/early morning

Arkhemedes
01-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Okay, as long as me and my printer/scanner have no more issues, I will have the village map posted this afternoon.
map is up.
map is up.
Hey, is the map up yet? :D

Actually, I noticed we have a great view of the cemetery. Ooo, creeeepy.

traesin
01-28-2010, 02:44 AM
yep. the map is up. Like the view huh?

sahelfootball82
01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Aram's Intelligence Check
I forgot that this was AD&D so I guess scratch the plus on that roll...my bad.

Arkhemedes
01-30-2010, 12:58 PM
It's a good thing this is AD&D because you nailed it with a roll of 1!

sahelfootball82
01-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Wisdom Check

Arkhemedes
01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
In mnemenoi's last post, he referred to the missing girl as being Joan's daughter. She is Sara's daughter. Can someone please fix this?

sahelfootball82
01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I saw that myself. Glad I didn't have to say anything about it.

traesin
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Are ya'll happy now? I fixed it. Sheesh.....:)

sahelfootball82
01-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I made my wisdom check and am now awaiting what I learned in my walk around the inn.

traesin
01-31-2010, 02:24 AM
You learn.....nothing!!!!! yea okay. I'll post it.

sahelfootball82
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Aw, nuts...all that wonderful rolling and what do I get? Nothing (literally). :)

traesin
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
:evil: hehehehehehe

mnemenoi
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Tam looks about trying to discern a trail

I am using the Hunting proficiency so impose whatever negatives you feel appropriate if you even allow the roll at all. I'm only hoping he does not lead them in the complete opposite direction, haha. Tam has no Tracking btw.

sahelfootball82
02-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Intelligence check

Wisdom check
Wow, from 1 to 20 just like that. Oi. Looks like I'm going to be doing some wandering around the farmers market for a while.

traesin
02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Alright, it's all Ark's fault. I have manged to chatch a cold.

Arkhemedes
02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey, at least you can't say I never gave you anything. You have to watch those computer viruses. They're contagious you know.

Azar
02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Just think of Kain having a british accent :D, I just needed to say that.

Addicted2aa
02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry I've been absent. School really picked up this week and on top of that I seem to have caught whatever Ark is passing around.

traesin
02-05-2010, 04:56 PM
No prob. it won't be till later tonight that I'll be posting. (passing over some cough syrup)

traesin
02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Oh God Ark. You had me falling out of my chair laughing.

Arkhemedes
02-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I crack myself up too sometimes. But it hurts to laugh. I pulled my back coughing so hard - I still haven't quite kicked this dang cold yet.

Addicted2aa
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I kicked my twice. Only problem it keeps kicking back.

Tlif
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Am I right in assuming Solinar gets to the tavern without interruption? Just thought I'd double check before I post, because I wasn't sure whether you where going to tell me when he got there or if I dictate that.

traesin
02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
ummm.... Yes? Sorry. This weeks been rough. I'm helping a friend with the planning of her Father's funeral. Ahhh, when it rains....

Go ahead and post, No interruptions.

sahelfootball82
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Wisdom Check
Intelligence Check

mnemenoi
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Tam looks about trying to discern a trail

I am using the Hunting proficiency so impose whatever negatives you feel appropriate if you even allow the roll at all. I'm only hoping he does not lead them in the complete opposite direction, haha. Tam has no Tracking btw.

Again, not sure what penalties hunting in a crowd imposes though, lol.

sahelfootball82
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm hoping mine were good enough to go back to tracking them myself, but we'll see, whenever Traesin actually has the time and effort required to post again. No rush, I understand being busy and all your energy going to something else.

traesin
02-12-2010, 03:18 AM
oh thanks. I guess I'll start skipping sleep to post. :) I actually did my homework last night and took the test for that coarse.

Azar
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I ma sorry to say that I am going to have to be leaving this game as well. I ma sorry for all my trouble.

~Azar

Addicted2aa
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Yo sorry I haven't been around in a while. I'm failing a class in school so I've been spending all my time trying to fix that. That means that I also will have to drop the game. Sorry guys

Tlif
03-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Sorry to see you go, all your posts where excellent to read.

Arkhemedes
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Say...Whatever happened to Tam? Did he fall in a hole somewhere?

traesin
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
He hasn't been on here since Feb. I'm going to assume he is with the group and I will try to npc him till further notice.

traesin
05-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Well I tried to get a hold of him and no response. So moving on now.

Firehazrd0
07-20-2010, 10:23 PM
taking on any new players?

traesin
07-21-2010, 02:45 AM
taking on any new players?
sure. We haven't played in awhile do to schedules, but I'll take you on and press on. What would you like to play?

langzi
06-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Man's strength, is your pocket money