PDA

View Full Version : game thread



Pages : [1] 2

traesin
10-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Game thread

traesin
12-01-2009, 07:15 AM
As you are wearily wandering though this small town, You see a sign above a door that reads 'The Caravan Inn'. The smell of good food comes wafting out the door. Right inside you see a very busy inn. There are lots of people sitting, eating and drinking. You see 4 barmaids weaving between tables.

A young lady about 15, walks up to you. "Hello and welcome to The Caravan Inn. Will you be staying here tonight?"

mnemenoi
12-01-2009, 09:55 AM
A grizzly and bearded man sits inside the inn, his saber upon his hip. He scans the crowd with an unenthusiastic look upon his haggard face. He was by no means proud of this job, but times were tough and he needed what little coin was offered. Alden and Sara had been understanding and had asked few questions about his past, something that set his mind at ease. Sometimes its best to not know things.

As Lacy passed by him, he could not pull his eyes away from the swagger in her hips. She had slapped him a few days back, but he knew she had no hard feelings about it. These places seemed to attract drifters and they were rarely upstanding pillars of the community. He was hardly an exception.

He did know it was quickly approaching the time to continue on, he doubted anyone was still hunting him though it was always best to be safer then rotting in a prison cell. He could only hope Tymora was with him tonight and he would find some folk headed from here. Having a clear wind at your back and seated upon Veta there was little that he could not face, at least as long as he was not too hungover...

Tlif
12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
A man limps into the bar; his leg is dressed in slightly bloodstained bandages. He wearily nods to the young girl. Without saying another word, he continues into the inn.
Despite his wounds he has a self confident aura around him which just barely falls short of outright arrogance. Slung over his shoulder is a hunting bow and a mostly full quiver, belted at his waist is a nondescript arming sword. He swaggers up to the bar as best he can with his wound, and slaps down a silver piece on the table.
"Get me a brandy." He says. He sits back in a nearby chair.
His hair is dirty blond, and his eyes are a yellowish brown.
He stands at 73" and is sturdily built.
As he waits for his drink, he examines the crowd. Some overly paranoid
merchant here must have need of a hired bodyguard. I dont think I could stand
more caravan work.

Azar
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
A well dressed man in splint mail armor, a long sword is at his hip, and a symbol of Tyr is around his neck, he wipes the sweat off his forehead. His long brown hair is pinned up in a pony tail and his beard is well kept, he looks over at the middle aged woman once more, "She is still talking, is she possesd." he see's a nice size biulding, the sign says, 'The Caravan Inn'. He smiles and tells the lady, "Well, I will have to decline your offer, but I will check up on you tis evening, I... don't like to much company that much." he fibs a bit, he mostly needs to get away from her excesive talking. He smiles, bows and then walks into the inn.

mnemenoi
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Standing at the sight of the slightly wounded man, Tam casually walks over toward the stranger. He could tell the look of another old swordsman and hoped he did not mind some company. There was little need for a bouncer till much later.

Moving up beside the man slowly, he heard the door open and admit a well dressed man. He wondered about what had brought him here, but they crowd was not too thick this evening and he bet he would hear his tale soon enough.

"Well met stranger, me name's Tam. Mind some company? I hate drinkin alone, its when ya know ya got a problem," with a sly grin which curls his unkempt beard. Tam was average in most ways, nothing generally striking. He was just another mercenary with a vice to drinking, something far more too common in this setting.

"How bout somethin to wet me whistle Alden," as he nods toward the bartender hoping he did not mind a few drinks.

Tlif
12-01-2009, 04:29 PM
"The names Sorinar. I welcome the company Tam." He says. "You from here or passing through like me?".

mnemenoi
12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
With a slight grin, "Well was jis a passin through, but managed some room an' board for watchin these locals that get a few in em. Not much really, been looking for some folks headed anywhere I can scrounge some decent pay. Figured there would be some fat merchant in need of protecting him from an irate husband, but Beshaba got me luck," as he rests easily next to Sorinar.

He continues to casually scan the crowd for any sign of a rowdy customer or someone too far in their cups. He had never really had any problems here at this inn, at least anything a good saber rattle would not remedy.

"So that rich fella yer ride in?" as he nods toward the well dressed fellow that had recently entered.

Tlif
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Sorinar hadn't noticed the man before Tam brought him to his attention. He turns his head to look at him. "No, I came here alone, but now that you mention it, he does look familiar" He stares at the armored man for a few more moments before standing up. "Excuse me a moment friend." He says as he begins to walk over to the man. When he gets within speaking range off the well dressed man, he address him Beg your pardon sir but what is your name?.

Arkhemedes
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
A newcomer strolls into the inn at this point. The young man stands just over six feet in height with a trim build that's clearly defined by his tight-fitting black leather outfit. From his riding boots to his studded leather jerkin, to the cloak that flows around him, he is swathed in black. Even the scabbard at his hip and the hilt of the sword that rests within it are covered in black leather. Much of the man's black hair is pulled back in a pony tail or tucked under a do-rag that is set upon his head in the style of a pirate, thereby concealing its true length. The black stubble of a three-day old beard covering the man's firm lower jaw, only adds to his bad-boy appearance, while the gleam in his brown eyes and the slight grin on his handsome face belies the confidence of one notorious for his ways with the ladies. The overall impression of the young man seems to be that of one who is just as likely to cause trouble as he is to be the life of a party, possessing a sense of humor, and yet, unpredictably dangerous.

He steps up to the young lady who greets him at the door, smiles charmingly at her and gives her a slight bow as he says, "My, my, my. What have we here?" He looks the young girl over quickly from head to toe. "Do my eyes deceive me or is it the Princess of Cormyr herself who has come to greet me at the door? Well I can assure you that if such a pretty girl as you were to wait on me I could not possibly think of staying anywhere but here this night. Which reminds me..." The young man takes a moment to look about the room and seeing no form of musical entertainment present he reaches behind him and produces a mandolin that was strapped to his back. "Would you be so kind as to ask the proprietor of this fine establishment whether or not he would be interested in offering a wandering minstrel a reduced rate on a room in exchange for some entertainment? You see, it has been a long day, and Loreli", indicating his instrument, "and I are just aching to sooth our weary souls with the sweet sound of music."

Addicted2aa
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Datu walked through the town, his stride was long as befit his legs, but his pace slow. His eyes were turned downward, surveying the ground. He didn't need to see what lay ahead because his mind dwelt only on what was behind him. His body however remained concerned with the present and at the present the body contained a powerful hunger.
The heavy odor of stewed mutton barely registered in what was normally an overly alert mind, but it still managed to steer Datu down several streets and through the open door of the Caravan Inn. He hadn't even realized he was inside until the girl addressed him.

"My Kalleena would be her age now, she's married, with kids of her own." Datu
thought. "I hope for her sake her hips are wider than this vine of girl."

The image of his daughter happily married with a family of her own brought a wistful sigh. He reached into his coin pouch and with gloved hands gave her 5 silver. He didn't bother to answer her question.
"Bring me some ale. A pitcher and keep it full."
With those words he turned away, never having lifted his face for her or the inn to see. He had rarely been treated poorly for his black skin, but the stares were hard to handle on a good day and this was not a good day.

Once he reached a dark corner where his form was sufficiently hidden he took the bamboo treated shield off his back reverently and before placing it on the ground next to him studied the picture of a young Tabaxi warrior fighting two Batiri Goblins. Next he took unslung his four foot spear and placed it against the wall with the foot and a half long blade facing downwards. He finally removed his hood, revealing his shame, a bright blue triangle on his forehead that seemed to shine in contrast with his ebony skin. He left his vest and woodland camoflouge on. They had their dirt and tares but he owned no nicer clothes. He wouldn't have worn them even if he did. He hadn't left the jungle that far behind.
Sitting down as his beer arived he took in the scene.

Azar
12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
As the man walks in the inn, he sees a few people, he bows at the waitress and says, "I would like a meal, but I might not have enough." he shows the waitress the two silver peices. he looks embarresed, and then immediately says, "Uhh... never mind, I will leave now." he bows back to her and leaves the inn fast. He cetches up the the lady, "Actually, I will go with you." he blushes a bit.

traesin
12-02-2009, 03:50 AM
The young lady blushes at the bard. "A song would get you a reduced rate, yes sir. Please have a seat." she says as she waves you in.


"Aye. Yes sir. I will have it to your table" The young lady says to the darkskin man.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
He catches up the the lady, "Actually, I will go with you." he blushes a bit.[/quote]

The lady looks up at you as if you had never left and is actually still talking about the difference of the types of wheat. She has continued on with the conversation not realizing you weren't there. She is heading towards the other end of town towards what looks like a very expensive Inn.

Azar
12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
The man looks at her, "Well, I guess i'll be staying in the stables tonight." m'lady, "I don't have much coin, so I hope that you can pay for yourself." he thinks to himself how rude that was, "I'm sorry." he says in one short, fast breath, "I didn't mean to make that sound so cruel, but I just don't have enough, for even a meal there, let alone a room." he start to scratch his head and smile, trying to not look embaressed.

Tlif
12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorinar didn’t reach the man before he left, so he shrugs and walks back to his newfound companion. "I probably was in his employ sometime, back in my early years. Were where you headed to before you started working here?“.

Arkhemedes
12-02-2009, 06:59 PM
The bard in black smiles at the young lady as he gives a slight bow and says to her, "Why thank you. I believe I'll have a seat in the far corner by the fireplace. Now, if you could fetch me a mug of your finest ale, I will proceed to fulfill my end of the bargain." He then pauses a moment to watch the young lady turn and walk away.

After giving it a cursory looking over he strolls through the barroom, taking note of those he passes by and nodding at any who look his way, as he ventures to the far side of the room. There, he stops at the corner table (table #19) and turns the chair in front of it around so that he faces the center of the barroom. He sits down and takes a moment to make sure his mandolin is tuned and to loosen his fingers. Then he begins to play.

Making a proficiency check to see how well I'm playing tonight.

Not a bad night for the bard (the lower the roll on a prof. check the better right?). It seems that the long road has not been too great a detriment to his musical abilities. But for the time being he sticks to playing the mandolin only, deciding to hold off on doing any singing until he can gauge the general mood of the inn's patrons a bit better.

traesin
12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
The bartender nods at you when you start to play. A women in her 20's with blonde hair and a green low cut dress walks up. "I'm Joan. I will be serving you tonight." She sets down an ale in front of you. As you play you notice the inn is filling up with various types of people from caravans. One group strikes you as odd though. Sitting in the corner taking up a couple of tables (1 & 2) is a group of 6 men. They are all dressed in some sort of black uniform with Patches on their shoulders.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

The man looks at her, "Well, I guess i'll be staying in the stables tonight." m'lady, "I don't have much coin, so I hope that you can pay for yourself." he thinks to himself how rude that was, "I'm sorry." he says in one short, fast breath, "I didn't mean to make that sound so cruel, but I just don't have enough, for even a meal there, let alone a room." he start to scratch his head and smile, trying to not look embaressed.


She doesn't even realize that you have spoken and continues to talk as she walks into the inn.

Arkhemedes
12-03-2009, 07:08 PM
The bard smiles at Joan as he continues to play without skipping a beat. "Well met, Joan...The name is Manhor...Thank you for the ale...Is there any particular kind of song that you'd like to hear? I'd be glad to take any requests...You just let me know, okay?...In the meantime, here's an old favorite of mine I use to warm up with..."

After a change in tempo and a short intro on the mandolin, the bard begins to sing. "...There's a lady who's sure...all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven..."

Okay, let's check the singing voice tonight

It appears that the bard's singing is every bit as good as his playing.

mnemenoi
12-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Resting easily as Solinar returns, "Anywhere I have not been really, I'd like something a bit more north or east. I'm not very committed either way, where are you headed?" as he watches the newcomers with a side long glance.

The minstrel certainly seems to have captured most of the regulars attention and that makes him rest easier. He appeared a bit older then the younger ones that occasionally frequented places like this. Older minstrels tended to be a bit more qualified and much less apt to rile the crowd with poor attempts at humor and derision about the lords and nobles. The crowd seemed to absorb these qualities and were much more manageable, at least he hoped that was the case.

Tlif
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
"The mostly same. I've been looking for either good paying work or adventure. Preferably both." Sorinar pauses. It seems that this inn is getting its share of interesting visitors. He says and he nods his head in the direction of the newcomers.

Addicted2aa
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
The haunting rendition of the ballad was too much for Datu. The weeping notes that dripped from the man's strings were the ink of the terrible painting the black clad bard's words left tattooed on Datu's eyelids. It was all he could do not to cry as his own terrible past mixed with the all too soulful music now filling the tavern. As the singer reached the conclusion of his verse Datu walked up to him.

"You're drinks are on me if we hear nothing but joy from your lips for the rest of the night. I have no appetite for the beauty of regret."

Arkhemedes
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
"Oh, I am truly sorry to hear that," Manhor says as he looks at the unusual looking man curiously while trying not to stare too much at him. "Let me guess. You're quite a ways from your home I would imagine. Well, there is certainly no need to trouble you any more with my melancholy ballads when I have so many songs of hope and joy in my humble repertoire of tunes. And I am not one to turn down an offer of free drinks when my lips are so parched. The name is Manhor and I am pleased to be of service to you. Now if I could just learn your name - after all, I make it a point to know who is buying my drinks - I will commence to playing a happy little ditty forthwith."

mnemenoi
12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
"I been here for a few weeks and am beginning to think this place is no one's home," laughs Tam, having only overheard part of Manhor's conversation.

"Name's Tam, I'll be bouncin' tonight though ain't often we get much happenin here. This here fella goes by Solinar," nodding to his companion.

Tam nods to the barkeep and opens a space for the two to sit or simply order drinks. He found himself a bit more at ease amongst an older crowd, the youth of these days was a different type entirely. He remembered being a bit unruly, but nothing compared to what he had been putting up with these last few weeks.

Arkhemedes
12-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Manhor turns to the bouncer and his companion, "Well met gentlemen. You may call me Manhor, Traveling Minstrel at your service. I have yet to learn the name of my new friend", he says, indicating the dark-skinned man next to him. "But as I was telling him, I would be glad to take certain requests. However, I must warn you that I have already promised my new friend here that I would try and stick to playing the more upbeat songs rolling around in my noggin..." and putting the back of his hand to his mouth and half-whispering to the two, "...at least for the time being."

traesin
12-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Joan walks over to your table and places drinks in front of you.


Kain:
As your talkitive compaion walks into the Inn, you see two men heading towards the Caravan Inn. They are dressed in a all black military uniform.

Azar
12-10-2009, 10:51 AM
As Kain wlks into the inn, he sees to man that catch his eye, "Hmm, I wonder what they are doing, well it's none of my business, I wouldn't want to get in the middle of it. I'm no trained warrior after all." He walks into the inn and sits with the lady, "So... when does this caravan pick you up?"

traesin
12-10-2009, 03:00 PM
"Oh tomorrow morning. It's taking me to Balder's Gate and then I will meet the Luxor family and you know they are know for their cheese. Why just the other day I was saying how their cheese is better that the Randolf families..." She proceeds to tell you all the differences in cheeses from around the area and what family produces what and how many generations the families go back.

mnemenoi
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
"The music was wonderful," as Tam laughed heartily. "To be honest its usually a quiet little place with little action. I think someone would need to live here for there to be any reason to get upset enough for any real problems. Mostly its a few younger fella's deep in their cups and they provide little problem, no matter how belligerent they try to be," as he spins a dagger in his hands and mock raps his open palm.

" I'm certain their head ain't in no mood for a repeat, if they remember at all. Most just wake in the stable and are gone jis as soon as they rise..."

Arkhemedes
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
"Ah, I see you like playing with sharp objects," Manhor says to Tam while he grins knowingly, as though some private joke had just been shared between he and himself. "Me too. Perhaps you would be interested in a dagger throwing contest a bit later on. Now however, I'm feeling the need to provide the music that I offered earlier. And perhaps I can persuade my new friend to give us a name afterwords."

Again he smiles at the dark-skinned man next to him, and immediately strikes up another tune, this one much more lively and up-beat than the first one. After establishing a fast-paced rhythm on his mandolin he begins to sing:

"Well, the house is a rockin'
Don't bother knockin'
Yeah, the house is a rockin'
Don't bother knockin'
Well, the house is a rockin'
Don't bother...Come on in..."

Here the black bard is attempting to lighten up the spirits of everyone within earshot, and put them all in a better mood, something he knows from experience that the innkeeper would appreciate, as the inn's patrons would be more inclined to spend their money on drinks (and this, of course, means a saving throw vs. paralyzation for any and all who would not otherwise be cheered up by the music).

Azar
12-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Kain spaces out after she starts talking about cheese. He interupts her and says "Have you ever been to Balders Gate before?"

traesin
12-11-2009, 01:49 AM
"Me? Oh heavens no. If I wasn't going there on family business, I would go at all. But My family..." She is now giving you a run down on on her entire family line going back 9 generations.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
The Men in black at the table seem to ignore your music.

Azar
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
As Kain heres the music from the other tavern, he sees how dull this place is. He tries to tell the lady, "Excuse me miss, but I want to see who is playing that music at the other tavern, would you like to come?"

Addicted2aa
12-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Datu picks up the drink in front of him, downs it. He turns towards the bard and offers him a halfhearted smile.
"I am called Datu. Thank you for this. Just as the summer rains will wash away all but the strongest trees, your good music, and if Tymora is smiling on me, your good company, will wash away all but the pains that are rooted to my heart. But enough of misery. That is no way to greet a future friend. Let us share a drink and a story."
Datu calls for another round, even without bothering to notice if anyone else had finished their drink.

traesin
12-12-2009, 06:56 AM
The lady doesn't even hear you as she rattles on.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
(Manhor) You see two more men in black come in and join the others at thier table.

Arkhemedes
12-12-2009, 09:15 AM
"Well, Datu," Manhor says as he turns to his new acquaintance. "I am pleased to meet you. You say you would like to share a story? Well, I do know some grand stories indeed. But I'm afraid I must admit that I would much rather play my music. Stories have a tendency to either be too personal or too easily to offend in such a diverse crowd of gatherers...if you catch my meaning."

Here, Manhor lowers his voice so that only those nearest to him can hear him, "...which brings me to a point. I am curious, Tam. As a man who has spent some time in this area, would you happen to know who those men in black might be who are congregating on the far side of the room? Since they seem to be wandering in a few at a time, my guess would be that they too are local to this area"

Realizing of course, that whispering often draws unwanted attention, Manhor is quick to resume his normal speaking voice and says, "But Datu, if you yourself have a story you would like to share with us, I would be glad to hear it. Perhaps you could tell us what brings you so far away from your native homeland."

Azar
12-12-2009, 11:29 AM
As Kain is fed up with trying to get the lady to here him, he just walks off to the other Tavern.

traesin
12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
The music is wonderfull as you walk in you see the table that the minstrel is sitting at playing. You also see that the two men in black uniforms you saw earlier have joined others at a talbe with the same uniform. They are being served by the young lady that greeted you the last time you walked in.

mnemenoi
12-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Tam glances toward the men, as if verifying they are talking about the same group. He shrugs indifferently, "Mercenaries or employs of one trade coster, not sure which though..." as he tries to place exactly which.

There were so many about nowadays, he hardly even bothered remembering. Had he been a bit more sober during his time in the city he might have been able to tell, but as it were he was just as unaware.

"Can't say as that I seen the colors though, but I only been here a few weeks. Why do you ask? They givin ya a hard time?"

Arkhemedes
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM
"A hard time?" Manhor says. "Oh no, never had any dealings with 'em. I just prefer being in the know I suppose...particularly with groups of uniformed men who have no appreciation for music. Kind of rubs me the wrong way, I guess. And over the course of my days, I've come to realize that those few who don't care for my music, more often than not, have an agenda contrary to my own. It just seems to work out that way."

Addicted2aa
12-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Datu looks across the room at men in black. They do not interest him. Mercenaries, soldiers, priests, and all others that belonged to something more than themselves caused him ire for they had what he had lost. He then turns back to his new found companions. "My story is much like vast sands of Calim, very long yet containing nothing. I have a story though. A favorite of mine when I was young. It takes place back in land you call Chult. In my own village in fact. One day a great warrior did not return from the hunt. His family gave him up for dead, all except his youngest child who each day would ask, 'Where is my father? Where is my father?' The child's older brothers, who were magicians, finally went forth to find him. They came upon his broken spear and a pile of bones. The first son assembled the bones into a skeleton; the second son put flesh upon the bones; the third son breathed life into the flesh.
The warrior arose and walked into the village where there was great celebration. He said, 'I will give a fine gift to the one who has brought me back to life.'
Each of his three oldest sons cried out, 'Give it to me, for I have done the most.'
'I will give the gift to my youngest child,' said the warrior. 'For it is this child who saved my life. A man is never truly dead until he is forgotten!'"

Arkhemedes
12-12-2009, 11:35 PM
"Very clever little story Datu. It reminds me of my music, for it will live on long after I am gone and keep alive the memories of those they are written about. Perhaps we will all one day prove worthy enough to be subjects worth singing about. But for now, it appears, all we can do is dream. And it is good to know where it is you are from. I would like to hear all about it some time, as I know very little of Chult. I myself come from the north of here, a very large city called Waterdeep. And I am afraid that the people there, so far as I am aware, do not deal much with the lands so far to the south."

traesin
12-13-2009, 12:45 AM
(Kain) As you walk by the men in black you hear a strange sound coming from the one closest to you. Kinda sounds like he's sniffing at you.?.

Azar
12-13-2009, 01:01 PM
As Kain walks in he puts his hood on, not trying too be noticed after he walked out of the tavern the first time. He heres a noise coming from one of men in black, he says, "What in Tyrs name are you doing?"

mnemenoi
12-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Tam nods at Datu's tale in agreement, though he has never heard of Chult nor what exactly the story was supposed to relate. He decided it needed more drinks and that would alleviate his confusion.

"So Datu, what brought you here? That is if I am not prying," as he tried to get a better gauge of exactly what type of person he was.

Addicted2aa
12-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Datu's mouth grows tight and his eyes narrow. He is visibly upset by something.
"I was brought here by carriage, by horse, and mostly by my feet. My past is just that, past. I would prefer to leave it there. I do not mean to be rude. If you would know more of my land I would be happy to inform you or if you would like to talk of the lands we now inhabit, I would have words to share. Please let us drink and be merry for now."
Datu tries to smile, but it never reaches his sorrowful eyes

traesin
12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
(Kain) The man in black looks up at you and smiles. In a low baritone voice he speaks to you. The words are smoothly spoken and the language is very fluid sounding, but you don't understand a word of what he is saying.

Tlif
12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorinar quietly listens to the conversation. He looks at the man talking to the men. "Looks like those men work for that rich fellow."

mnemenoi
12-14-2009, 12:47 PM
"Just wondering was all," as Tam holds up his hand toward Datu. "I don't really care, I'm certain we all have skeletons in our closet," as he takes another drink from his beer.

As he finishes his drink he gets up and begins to walk toward the table with men in the black uniforms. He could see that they were speaking with the rich fellow, but it was much too loud to hear what was being said. As he approached the table he donned a clear visage, "Well met gentlemen, hope everythin's been to yer likin..." He stood near the table with a look that said he was expecting an answer.

He wanted a clearer idea about exactly who these fellows were. He could care if they liked or disliked the music, but he had no mind to ignore a growing threat. Hopefully he could get a better handle on what their story was by confronting them.

Arkhemedes
12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Manhor decides, at this point, to play a soothing instrumental on his mandolin. It is a flowing and mesmerizing tune with no lyrics, intended to calm the emotions of those who may be on edge. It is his hope that it may help to avert any sort of dispute that might soon occur (again saving throws vs. paralyzation). Manhor also avoids singing here so that he can pay closer attention to what is happening on the far side of the room...just in case there is some trouble.

Azar
12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Kain looks at the man who just started too talk too him, "I just got here, but I wanted too here this good music." he walks off too another table. He thinks too himself, "Why was he smelling me, this makes no sense?"

traesin
12-15-2009, 06:00 AM
(Tam) As you stand there, You notice that the patches on the shoulders of the men are all the same design with very little diffence. You can the guess that the different marks indicate rank and possibly something else. One of the men with a blue patch looks up at you. He has sandy blonde hair and bright green eyes. His skin is tan and slightly weathered. With an slight lilt to he voice he says "Everything here is great. The ale is cool and crisp, the stew is wonderful and the young lady (the inn keeper's daughter) has been most helpful. Thank you for asking."

Addicted2aa
12-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Datu watches as Tam walks away. Yet again I have driven someone away with my past. When will I be free from my mistake. He thinks to himself. Then he sees the Tam's destination. Perhaps it wasn't his secrecy that was offensive as much as his companions' curiosity with the uniformed men. Datu is bolstered by this and decides to give the men his attention.
"The rich man has left. Perhaps he did not want Tam to overhear his dealings with them."

Azar
12-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Kain looks around, his hood up, trying not too draw attention, he looks at the huge man with the bow on his back, Kain thinks too himself, "He looks familiar, but I can't tell where I met him."

mnemenoi
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
"Glad ta hear it, they's good folk indeed," with a smile and knowing nod. "I been huntin fer some work and seems you fella's all thrown in together. Any chance the outfit you all work for is hirin? Looks like they's set up, specially with those fancy outfits you alls wearin..." in an honest tone. He was not really all that interested in getting on with any outfit that was too regimented. His stint with the Hellriders had shown him enough of militerized glory and he had no desire for more of the same, but he guessed they might spill more in freindship then subterfuge. He was a man of action and it was rare indeed to find a simpleton he could convince of anything.

"Times a bit rough and coin is rare 'round these parts, it'd sure be a welcome change indeed," as he smiled a toothy grin as if sharing some joke amongst old veterans.

Arkhemedes
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Manhor looks at Datu with a puzzled expression and, while continuing to play his mandolin, says to him, "Rich man? Are you referring to the man in splint mail who just walked in the door?"

Addicted2aa
12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
"Why yes. The man that Solinar said they worked for." Datu did not understand the bard's puzzlement. He was clearly not accustomed to this society

traesin
12-16-2009, 08:29 AM
(tam) The gentleman smilies at you. "Well unfortunately we are not hiring, but I'm sure one of the caravans is." The Guy sitting right next to him quickly takes a drink from his mug as if he was trying to hide a smile when his friend was talking. Another one at the table with a red badge says something in a language that you don't understand and the leader turns to him and says "Hush. It is not polite to speak in another tongue when we are entertaining someone."

mnemenoi
12-16-2009, 12:38 PM
He nods in response to the man's suggestion, appearing to think it helpful. As the fellow with the red badge starts going on in a foreign tongue he simply waits patiently.

"Taint nuttin me lord, what wit all dese folk about, ain't hordly a one o' us that all know every tongue in dese lands," reverting to a very rural speech. He had long ago found that it put most suspicious folk at ease as they assumed him a simple bumpkin.

"Sounded kinda like da barbarians up North, once heard a gifted young lass sing a song in it. Mind ya I didn't have no clue's what she was sayin, but damn pretty. Well I been talkin yer ears off a plenty and don't wanna be downplayin are minstrel and all, you sirs have a good evenin and jis whistle i'ffn ya be needin anytin," as he gives a twisted bow. His back had been giving him fits of late and he figured the bed bugs were another perk from the simple, hard bed.

traesin
12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
The man nods politely back and stares at you as you back away.

(Manhor) You notice the leader watching Tam very carefully as tam backs away. One of the other blue men leans over to the leader and whispers in his ear.

mnemenoi
12-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Tam returns to his spot near Solinar, shruging his shoulders slightly as he approaches.

"Well they's sure tightlipped, but don't seem too bad as far as mercs go. Could be militia I suppose, but I didn't get no place they's from," as he drinks a long draw from his mug. "Hell could be Chult, wherever that is," with a smile and laugh toward the men surrounding him.


"Glad to see such a crowd, they been needin a decent draw and this'll really help em out. Seems times are always short and taint long till yer a punchin a few more notches in an already thin belt," as he catches the swing of hips from the barmaid from between a few patrons. He had thought about settling down before long, but what did he have to offer? He was no farmer or any other rightly profession. Most folk only needed a washed up drunken swordsmen on occasion and these days they seemed far fewer then years past. Seemed that Tymora had taken his glean, and nowadays Bashaba was just waiting for his fall.

Azar
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
As Kain looks over at the waitress, he says hesitating, "Uh... how much for an... ale?" he looks at his belt pouch, "Hope its under a silver."

Arkhemedes
12-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Manhor looks at Datu and says, "Did I notice a hint of confusion when I asked about the man you were referring to as the rich man? Well, it appears to me that he is having difficulty even paying for a drink." Manhor, seeing the man asking about the price of an ale, calls out to Joan, "Put his first drink on my tab, if you will darling." He waves at Joan and indicates the newcomer in splint mail. Then he smiles at the man in a manner that says, 'come and have seat by us'.

traesin
12-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Joan hears the request and heads to the bar to get drink.

Tlif
12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
"Perhaps I was wrong in assuming that those men work for him. He doesn't look like the type to have mercenaries."

Azar
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM
As Kain looks back at the man and smiles, he gets up and says, "Why thank you, my name is Kain, I am a cleric of Tyr, if you need any healing at all tonight, just ask me, I am wonderful at divine magic. It's the least I can do, you saved me from probably another embarassing moment, I have run out of coin these days, hard times for clerics."

Arkhemedes
12-17-2009, 12:28 PM
"Not a problem, my name is Manhor. This is Datu," Manhor says as he indicates the man from Chult. "And this other gentleman, I was told is named Solinar. Am I pronouncing that correctly?" he says as he looks at the man in question.

Azar
12-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Kains mouth opens widely, and starts too laugh loudly, he looks at the man named Solinar, "By Tyr, I have only met one man by the name of Solinar, and he was a close friend." helooks at the man and takes off his hood, "What... you don't remember me, now I don't think you would forget the person who helped you in the streets all those years ago. It's me... Kaan."

Tlif
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
A look of astonishment crosses Solinars face. "Kain? It is you! I didn't recognize you in those fancy clothes. After those clerics took you in, I figured that you where gone for good. What errand brings you here?".

Azar
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Kain says with a smile, "I am to bring a woman too her caravan, she will be picked up tomorrow. She wants me too sleep in one the expensive inns across town." he snickers a bit, "You know me, I don't do fancy, espacially when i'm a bit short on coin lately, and what brings you hear?"

Tlif
12-19-2009, 01:32 PM
"Several years after you left I took up with a band of mercenaries. A while after they disbanded. I've been wandering ever since. I suppose I just happened to come to the same inn as you."

Azar
12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Kain looks at Solinar, "No my friend, the gods are real, as everybody knows, and by Tyrs fate I found you, and you found me, by whom ever or what ever brung you hear." he laughs, "That does not matter so much now, I wanted to ask you something." he hesitates a moment, "I have been traveling with the woman for quite some time now, and she told me she is heading to Baldures Gate. I have never been there myself, and I have been wanting to ask her if I could join her and caravan. Since you are hear now, I was wondering if you would travel with me?"

Tlif
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Though he raises an eyebrow at Kains apparent newfound piety, Solinar replies "Sure, never been there either. Hopefully it won't be a humdrum journey like the one I just experienced.".

Azar
12-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Kain smiles at Solinar, he looks to see his leg is wrapped up in bloody bandages, "By Tyr, your hurt, I wish I saw it sooner." he looks up at Solinar with a toothy grin, "Allow me to show you my new found powers that the clerics tought me. He kneels dwon, and closes his eyes, "By Tyr and the Triad, may I give back strength this maimed traveler." a glowing bright light spewes from Kains hands, onto Solinars leg. It wraps his huge leg, and is absorbed into Solinar.

Cure Light Wounds

mnemenoi
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Tam gives the two some space as it seems they are somewhat familiar with each other. He sits and drinks occasionally as he watches over the other patrons, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

At the religious intonations, he rises to allow them some privacy. He had never been deeply religious, preferring to jump about the handful of gods he liked somewhat willy nilly. Those clerics and priests he had occasioned across always made him feel dirty about his misguided faith. Perhaps he should have really analyzed his feelings, but a deep bottle seemed to quell that feeling far better then a sober evening.

He walked nearer to Manhor, appearing to get a better spot for enjoying the bard's music.

Arkhemedes
12-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Manhor takes a break in between songs and says to Tam as he nods at Kain and Solinar, "Well, I see these two are well acquainted with each other...or at least they used to be. Sure seems like a small world sometimes. I just hope it's not too small. I'm not particularly interested in running into many of my old acquaintances just yet."

mnemenoi
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
"I'll agree with that," with a sly grin. He laughs slightly, but the movement appears tense as if he indeed preferred leaving his past alone.

"Seems that fella in splint's a devotee of Tyr," with a wide eye to Manhur. "I can't say as I'm no expert, but I seem ta 'member him bein' none to leniant. Seems as he does have some business shortly, West at the Gate." In the heartlands everyone knew of Baldur's Gate and the sights and sounds you could find there. Adventurers flocked to it as a beacon of possibilities, but he knew that dark things devoured them there, in a city that never slept. He was interested in hearing Manhor's opinion on both subjects, he might have had more dealings with Tyr's church or at least traveling in their company.

Arkhemedes
12-21-2009, 10:12 PM
"Never been to Baldur's Gate myself, but from what I've heard of it, sounds like my kind of town. I may have to make my way there before long. As for Tyr, yeah, I guess I would have to agree. Never been that religious myself, especially when it comes to such strict gods. I suppose I give lip service to few when it seems appropriate, Milil in particular. But that's about it."

Tlif
12-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Solinar shifts the weight back on to his formerly injured leg. He smiles and slaps Kain on the back. "Thanks friend. I was worried that leg would put me out of work a week! Clergy has more non-theological use than I supposed!”.

Azar
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Kain stands back up, "Oh they have much more, I neverthought in my wildest dreams that I would wield divine magic, for the greater good. I am not that good of a cleric yet, I can only cast a couple spells per day, but i will grow stronger in power soon enough. Lets sit down and chat, I would love to know more about what you have done these past years."

Tlif
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Solinar pulls up a chair. "Well, as I said after I joined up with the mercenary group, I traveled with them for about six year. Those where dangerous times. due to my lack of combat skill, I almost died at least three times. Still, my luck saw me through. However, when we had come upon a sword our newly hired wizard identified as having great magic, there was a dispute over who should get it. Though I tried to reason with them, weapons where drawn and they killed each other. It turned out in the end that the wizard has tricked us all, the sword infact had no enchantment. He had intend to make us all kill each other, and then collect what little wealth we possed. Anyways, as I was the last left alive, he attacked me. As was said by Garylana of Mindulgulph, the sword is faster than the art, and I prevailed against him. I worked alone for several more years, mainly as a caravan or body guard sometimes as a adventurer. Now I am here.”

Azar
12-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Kain listens to Solinar, and says, "Well I have to admit the sword is faster than the art, wizards hold powerful magic within themselves, but they are quite danty compared to you, a massive warrior.

I myself it's quite simple really... once I got into the church of Tyr, I had to learn all of the religious beliefs of Tyr, I saw it as wonderful, a way to make me stronger, and help other people at the same time. I knew I could do good when I saved a poor boys mother, she was the only thing he had left in this world. After that... I started to go around Faerun, using my new found powers to help people as much as I can. If it's healing, or just helping and elderly man with farming. Right now I am helping a lady get to Baldurs Gate, and maybe I can help people there as well. Thats what i'll tell her." he looks over at the two men talking and turns back towards Solinar, "Didn't I see you talking to that man there?" he slightly points towards Tam, "It feels that he is trying to avoid me, maybe it's just me."

Addicted2aa
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Datu steps forward to the cleric. He has only recently become familiar with the god's of the land he was now wandering. He remembered Tyr's name though. God of justice. He wondered if a foreign god held power back in the Jungle. He wondered if the Justice of this land would be worse than that of his people. He then wondered if that would be possible.
He would approach the lion cautiously but unafraid. He stepped forward, speaking for Tam and Manhor, even though he hadn't been part of their conversation.
"We were allowing two recently reunited friends time to share their stories. Does not the jungle part along the river to let the lake talk to it's brother ocean? "

Arkhemedes
12-23-2009, 06:42 PM
"Hmm...interesting metaphor, Datu. I'll have to remember that one. I'm just wondering which one of these two is the lake and which one is the ocean," Manhor says with a mischievous grin.

Azar
12-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Kain smirks a bit, "I didn't mean to say that you don't like me, or maybe you do, I just don't care. I tend to see that people stay away from me because of who I worship, Tyr... the god of justice. Those type of people have something to hide."

Arkhemedes
12-23-2009, 10:22 PM
"Well Kain," Manhor says as he continues to grin at him with a gleam in his eye. "You may have a point there. But as Tam hit upon earlier, it has been my experience in the past that we all have skeletons in our closets that we would rather keep secret. I wonder what secrets you keep in your closet."

Azar
12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
I have paid off my debts to the people I have wronged over the course of my lifetime, I stole, and hurt people, and I have repaid them with my services, I follow Tyr with truthfulness, and honor." he says it like a soldier in the army would say it, with not much emotion.

Arkhemedes
12-23-2009, 11:28 PM
"You say that as though your life is near its end. But I sense that this is far from the case. In fact, I would wager that your life's journey has only just begun and that there is much repaying still to do. Am I right? Is this not the real reason you joined the clergy of Tyr? To right the wrongs and make a difference in this world so you may gain some peace of mind and feel good about yourself and the paths that you have taken?

"No, my friend, I would say that your journey is far from over. But do not overly concern yourself, for I am in a similar circumstance. I too am at the beginning of my journey...a journey that I hope will be long and fruitful, so that one day, when I reach its end, I can look back and say that it was well worth it."

Manhor, at this point, now hopelessly lost in a daydream and oblivious to all around him, starts up another song...one of hope and inspiration.

mnemenoi
12-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Tam shrugs his shoulders at the conversation, "Seems ya gots it all worked out, I fear I ain't no pillar o' da community though. I just get by nowadays, try and keep my nose clean do right by meself."

"Me and Manhor was jist talkin about gettin some work, not joinin no crusade er cleansin the world o all its evils," as he takes a drink. "Hell I gots enough vices that I like ta not be castin stones about..."

"Sorry bout not introducin meself earlier, jis thought it rude ta be breakin up sum freinds meetin after a spell. Me name's Tam," as the grizzled man offers his hand.

Azar
12-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Kain shakes his hand and says, "Hello Tam, the name is Kain, a Holy Justicer of Tyr." he snickers and says, "The church told me to say that, i'm just a lowly cleric with no experience really."

mnemenoi
12-24-2009, 08:51 PM
"Well I been round a few times here and dere. Done a stint as a Hellrider fer a few years, it was good times indeed," as his eyes wander off as if in reminisce.

"Can't say as me life's been any better since, but twas me lot in life I su'pose. Found some good mates and sum bastards, they's hard ta be spottin and are mixed in a fair bit. Guess I learned ta be takin each one on der own and decidin meself," as he settled back into a chair and began to watch the crowd again.

Tlif
12-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Solinar sits down again. He shakes his head and suppress a amused expression whenever Kain's devotion is made apparent. He sits back in his chair. "Out of curiosity, what are you escorting this lady to baldurs gate for? Is she a church dignitary?”

Azar
12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
"Well, my mentor asked me to escort her to her caravan, it's not an assignment really, just a favor too him. She will be leaving in the morning. I'm actually going to ask her right now, if you want to come thats fine with me. If not, it doesn't bother me, i'll be right back." he says to Solinar as he is getting up, he heads out of the inn back to the other.

traesin
12-30-2009, 03:01 AM
(Manhor) As you watch Kain leave the inn, you notice that two of the men in black watch Kain intensely as he leaves.

(Kain) You walk over to the other inn and walk in. You see the lady chatting with a well dressed gentleman.

Azar
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
As Kain walks in, he sees she is talking with a well dressed gentleman, he walks over and politly introduces himself, "Hello good sir, my name is Kain, I am traveling with this lady, may I know your name?" he extends his hand, awaiting for a handshake and a response.

Addicted2aa
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
After Kain leaves Datu turns to the remaining men. "And what are your thoughts on atonement? Can a man make up for his actions? Does one deed erase another or are some crimes beyond redemption?" Datu does his best to keep a flat, disinterested tone, hoping his companions don't hear the earnestness, the desperate hope, of his heart.

traesin
12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
(Kain) The man grabs your hand and says "please ta meet cha. I be Ross O'Hammer. I be the caravan master that this young lady will be traveling on. You must be the lad that brought her here."

Arkhemedes
12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
In response to Datu's question, Manhor takes a pause in between songs and says to him, "That's a good question, and not an easy one to answer. But I suppose the romantic in me would like to believe that there is always a way to redeem oneself no matter what the crime - it's simply a matter of how much one can do and how hard one wants to try to redeem themselves. On the other hand, the realist in me understands that there is a reason for the existence of the lower planes and the higher planes. Nevertheless, I am not one to dwell on the judgment of others and I am not a philosopher. I prefer to merely relate the songs and tales of the struggles and conflicts of others and let my audience make their own decisions about whether or not a man is worthy of forgiveness. In the end though, it is up to the biographers, historians and, ultimately, the gods to be our judges."

Addicted2aa
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
"You have a" Datu pauses, searching for the right word "liberated, view of judgment. Where I come from it up to the ancestors to decide a man's fate. I wonder if why place such a heavy burden on those we are supposed to venerate, whether god or spirit? When I die I hope to make no more important decision than which fruit to eat and which wife to lie with" Datu's smiles, perhaps a bit too wide, after he has finished. "I am sorry, I have interrupted your playing again."

Arkhemedes
12-31-2009, 06:34 PM
"Oh, that's alright," Manhor says to Datu. "But keep in mind that I come from the crowded streets of Waterdeep, where variety is abundant, and I am but one man from a tiny sea of thousands that would hold a thousand different points of view. My own humble outlook on life is no more special than the next man's, for I am just an ordinary man."

At this point, Manhor is reminded of another song, which he then feels compelled to begin...

"Ordinary man, ordinary man
Look in the mirror tell me what do you see
Or can you lie to yourself like your lying to me
Do you fall asleep real easy feelin' justified and right
Or do you wake up feelin' empty in the middle of the night
You want to think you're different,
But you know you never can
You're just another ordinary man..."

Addicted2aa
12-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Datu smiles at the bard and turns to Solinar. "So will you take up with your friend on his travels?"

mnemenoi
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Tam sits with the group, half listening as the bard plays and answers Datu's vague question. He had a desire to respond, but felt he was certainly no man to be answering a question like that. He had a hard enough time keeping himself out of trouble and a place to sleep, much less worrying about his immortal soul. He would have told him to ask the priest, but he had no desire to put the man through all that entailed.

"Well aren't we just full o' ventures... All o' us ain't never met up and ain't a one' as has no lead on some fool notion for coin? If I had a copper fer all da times like dis," he responds with a grin.

"I'd be near crazy 'nough ta actually follow trough wit a plan like dat," followed by a loud laugh, his dirty beard dropping various crumbs into his partial mug of beer.

sahelfootball82
01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
A large man walked through the streets, looking for a tell-tale sign of shelter for the night. His elven armor seeming to blend in with his fair skin's silver coloring. It had been a long day, bandits had attacked him and he had almost been seen fighting as a Bladesinger, and he was sure that the people that came over the hill must have heard his singing mixed with the clashing of steel. He had dashed into the cover of the trees and crept to the next town that way. Waiting until the cover of darkness before heading into town. He had patched up his wounds while he waited, certain that they would heal fine in a few days.

The smell of stewed rabbit woke him from his reverie on the day. Following his nose he quickly found it's source, and Inn called the Caravan Inn. He had grown up on the move, an Inn was almost as close to home to him as anywhere. A nicely dressed man headed out and scurried off down the street towards what looked like a fancier inn a ways up the road. Fancy inns just meant people with more money and more reason to look down on an outcast of society. The poorer they were, the more accepting they were of stranger folk...usually.

Standing taller than most men, yet with the fair build of an elf, he stood out in any crowd. His fair skin, with it's strange silver hue, also drew more attention then he wanted. Silver hair was certainly common among elves, but elves didn't grow near as tall as he did. His pants were simple but sturdy, a common tan shirt underneath silver elven chainmail - easily the most expensive thing he owned - has a left sleeve that went past his elbow, but the right sleeve was cut off, exposing well defined muscles up his arm. A dusty, travel worn cloak hung like a cape around his shoulders, flowing out behind him as he walked. But what really made people stop in their tracks was his eyes. Sure silver irises were rare, but it was the vertical slits where his pupils should have been that gave people pause.

He walked in and was quickly greeted by a barmaid. She was good looking enough, though a bit more handsome than pretty really. As she looked up to his eyes she jumped slightly, though recovering herself quickly.

It's the eyes, boy. She is scared of your eyes. And who wouldn't be shocked to see slit pupils in a man's face? You shouldn't have looked at her, you shouldn't have scared the poor thing.

"Welcome to the Caravan Inn, sir. Can I get you anything?" she asked, her eye lingering on his longer than usual.

"A decent ale wouldn't go unappreciated. And a room for the night if you have one," he said, hoping that if he didn't bring it up she would let it go and not start asking questions like the last one did.

"Of course, sir," she said, turning to leave.

"Aram, not sir," he said as she turned, relieved that she was no longer staring.

"Yes, sir," she said as she hurried off.

Sighing to himself, Aram took a quick look around the room. Some men in black armor sat off to one side keeping to themselves with a judging eye on everyone else. One seemed particularly interested in a group of travelers against the far wall. A lone entertainer sat next to them now and then singing a song. Not bad as far as singers went, and his playing was decent as well. He seemed to be part of their group.

It was a cozy inn. Not very busy, which always helped when you didn't want people asking questions. The common room was simple, but not exactly poor, he felt very much at home here.

An open table off to his left called to him and he took it, glad for some peace. Hearing a song he was familiar with being sung by the minstrel a few tables over he softly began to sing along, his feet moving under the table with the ebb and flow of the song.

traesin
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
(Manhor)As soon as the stranger walks in, the men in black start looking at each other. A wariness that was not there before, comes over several of them.

(all) The group of men in black, quickly get up and leave the inn.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
(Aram) As the group passes by you, you smell a faint sent that is slightly familar to you.

sahelfootball82
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
As the group of men pass by, Aram is struck with a scent that stirs a memory in his head. A chill runs through his body and the hair on the back of his neck stands up, but he isn't sure why but his hand naturally begins to drift toward the hilt of the longsword sticking up between his shoulders. Catching himself he put his hand back down.

The handsome barmaid returned soon with a pint of ale. Thanking her, Aram gave her coin to cover the drink and a room for the night, and once again her eyes constantly drifted back to stare at his.

I would say she had never seen eyes like this, but if that were the case she certainly has impressive control over herself not to be any more skiddish than she is.

Aram began to sip at his pint, mostly keeping his eyes averted from the rest of the room, hoping nobody but the young barmaid would see his eyes. He busied himself with trying to remember what was so familiar about the scent of the black-clad men.

Checking to see if anything specific is recalled

mnemenoi
01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Noting the exiting group and their unease over the newcomer's arrival, Tam stands and begins to wander toward the elf. He had few dealings with their kind in his years, but he had certainly seen good and bad. He could only hope this one was the former.

"Evenin' stranger," as he took a seat at his table with an air of confidence. He did not exactly look the part, his shabby clothing and appearance gave the impression of an older mercenary that likely had a drinking problem and far to few years left. "Seems dem fella's don't care none too much fer ya? You donna mind tellin me why, now do ya?" His gaze drifting toward the door, suggesting the subject of his inquiry. "Oh, names Tam and I'm da bouncer 'round dese parts," offering his beer spalttered hand as his gaze returned to the elf.

He was a bit interested to see exactly how this elf would size up, likely his reason for the gruff entrance. He always did have a gift for making people feel 'welcome'...

Azar
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Kain grins, "Nice to meet you Ross, the names Kain... so your the one who will be taking her to Baldurs Gate?" he eyes the lady. "Well... I had something to ask this nice lady here, but since your hear, it concernes you more." he takes second to clear his throat. "Me and a friend, have recently met up with and was wondering if we could accompany you, and your caravan to Baldurs Gate. My friend and I have never been there, and we where wanting to do some adventuring up in those parts. He would be a great addition to your caravan, a very strong man if I ever saw one. He has been traveling with mercanaries as far as I know, so he has seen a few fights I reckon. I am a beginning cleric myself, but I can do some healing for the rest of your poeple. So what do you say, would you allow to join you?"

traesin
01-03-2010, 02:27 AM
(Aram) you can't place it just yet, You know it's on the tip of your tongue.

(Kain) "Well, I ain't xacly hirin, but yer welcome to travel with ors. We be leavin at dawn out o' the south side er town."

sahelfootball82
01-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Aram sat, mulling over in his mind where he might remember that scent from. It bothered him incessantly, his mind screaming that he should know, but unable to remember. No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't place where he knew that scent from, all he could remember was that is should hold some significance to him.

It's the stress from the day, he told himself. Drink your ale, sleep, get some decent rest, and then try and remember in the morning, you just aren't up to it now.

Meanwhile a rather grizzly looking older man approached his table. The man, who introduced himself as Tam, seemed like he had dunked his head in a few too many tankards of dwarven brew over the years and it had taken its toll. His clothes were worn and more than a bit dirty, yet his eyes were clear, he hadn't been marinating himself in drinks lately the way he once had.

"I wish I knew, sir," he said politely keeping his eyes on his pint, hoping the other he other man wouldn't suspect him to be averting eye contact purposely. "They certainly seemed to recognize me, and I have this vague feeling that they remind me of something, but it has been a long day and I just don't remember what. I'm sorry," he said.

If I'm lucky he will be ok with that and just walk away, but if this conversation continues much longer it's going to be really hard to not show him my eyes and still keep him from getting suspicious of why I'm not looking at him.

mnemenoi
01-03-2010, 06:16 AM
"Guess I can't be fualtin ya fer not knowin da mind o' den fella's, right hard eggs ta be crackin," with a light laugh. "Looks like ya all by yerself here, they's always sum room over at our table. We ain't much, but fair talkin and we older fella's need ta keep togedder," he says with a toothy look. Slowly he rose, indicating to the elf he was welcome to follow.

He honestly liked him, last elf he met was no charmer. Haughty little loud mouth that thought the sun and moon rose around him personally. What was worse was the fact he had to remind everyone around him of it. Had Tam not been in a funk and drunk to boot, well he might still be drawing breath. As it were it was yet another dark and fuzzy half dreamed memory from another life in the bowel of a dark city...

He shook his head from his thoughts, he was never sure who had ended that pretentious fools life. He was here at this inn and drowning his nagging conscious would certainly not ease the guilt he felt. This elf seemed more human if the words could apply. He could be lying of course, but he doubted it. The elf had seemed truly confused by their action and Tam had been confronted with the same feeling. Maybe that was why he felt a connection? He wondered, he knew that elves lived forever so a young one was likely eons old. Sitting back at the table near Manhor, he glanced back and waved the tall fellow over. He could tell he was not with anyone and friends at an inn were sometimes hard to pick, he decided to help him out a bit.

Arkhemedes
01-03-2010, 09:09 AM
As Manhor continued to play his music, always keeping at least one eye on the far side of the room, he took in all that he saw occurring there with his usually keen sense of observation. It was curious that the two men in black payed such close attention to Kain as he left a bit earlier. But far more interesting was the fact that all the men in black suddenly got up and left when the elf walked in the door...almost as if they feared him.

As Tam got up to go and introduce himself to the newcomer, there was something else about him that struck him as being rather curious. The elf, for one thing, seemed to be somewhat evasive towards Tam, never really looking him in the eye. It could have been that he simply did not want to be disturbed, preferring instead to be alone. But then, people sometimes avert their eyes when they're trying to hide a lie as well. On the other hand, despite his silvery skin and hair, the inexplicable thought came to him that perhaps he wasn't an elf at all...or at least not entirely.

Azar
01-03-2010, 11:59 AM
"Thank you my friend, you wont regret it." Kain says with a smile he's is trying to hold back.

He heads out the door to go back to the inn, and tel Solinar the good news.

sahelfootball82
01-04-2010, 02:37 AM
As Tam got up and left, Aram's guarded gaze followed him as he returned to his group of "older fella's" as he had called them. Aram had been surprised, the man didn't seem as concerned with judging what he saw the way most people were. He seemed more, well, genuine was the word that came to mind, though Aram wasn't convinced that this old country man was quite as much of a bumpkin as he made himself out to be. There was a depth to his character that certainly didn't match the dozens of real country bumpkins he had met before.

We old fella's? he thought to himself. He thinks I'm one of them. Well, I guess that's a good sign though, he didn't suspect as much as I was afraid he might. Though some company wouldn't be a bad thing, I just don't know. The less people talk the better.

Caught up in his thoughts, Aram forgot to keep his looks guarded and before he realized it he was looking straight at the musician...the musician who seemed to be studying him. Aram quickly lowered his face, but it was too late, he knew that the careful eye of a tavern entertainer would have noticed with that look. The secret would be shared with the rest of the group now anyway, at least if he went and talked to them they might not talk to the rest of the town as much.

Aram slowly got up, grabbing his gear and his drink, and walked over to join the "old fella's". He still wanted to avert his eyes but it was of no use hiding it now. Might as well let them look and get it over with.

"Thank you for the invitation, Tam" he said as he approached the men. "Some company would be a nice change, after all." He watched carefully to see how each man would react to seeing his silver eyes with slit pupils.

mnemenoi
01-04-2010, 05:37 AM
"Ain't nuttin, take a load off," indicating an open seat. He was glad to see that he had taken him up on the offer. It dawned on him that he still did not know the man's name though and that might make introductions a bit more complicated.

"Dis is Manhor, Solinar, and Datu," nodding toward each as he names them. "Dinn't catch yer name though...." as he draws to the end of those at the table. "Day's another fella goes by Kain, not sure if he lit out," shrugging his shoulders in explanation of this last persons location.

Tlif
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Solinar replies to Datu. "Yes. Now that my legs healed, I'm up for some traveling. I've always never been good at staying in one place.". He looked up at the newcomer as he arrived. Solinar had seen very few elves in his lifetime, and was unsure how to react. "Kain just left to talk to the lady he is escorting to Baldurs Gate. Hail Stranger." He holds out his hand to the newcomer.

sahelfootball82
01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Aram was shocked, nobody seemed to even care about the vertical slits that were his pupils. Only two other people had ever not been taken back by the sight of him, and one of them had been his own mother.

"I apologize, I am not very accustomed to introductions, my name is Aram. Aram "Silvereyes" to most that have known me. Most people take one look at my eyes and my skin and suddenly remember they have something urgent going on on the other end of town. I take it you men have done your share of traveling?" Aram asked, shaking hands with each man in turn.

mnemenoi
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
"Been lotsa places, now memberin em is a bit trickier," as he downs the rest of his drink. "Far as yer eyes go, well I figure dats yer business. I ain't seen them before, but hell I seen a lotta screwy stuff. Slit eyes sure ain't the top o' da list. I wez originally from Eltural, bit south a here I think," scratching his head in a vain attempt to envision the western heartlands in his head.

Arkhemedes
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Manhor nods at the newcomer, and only momentarily glances at his eyes, trying to play it off as though it were nothing unusual despite his curiosity. Then, looking down at his instrument, he continues to pluck away at his mandolin as he says in a nonchalant manner, "Well met, Aram. It is always a good thing to met new people, I say...so long as they aren't out to do you harm that is. As for your eyes and the color of your skin...well, I would imagine that at your age you've had enough of trying to explain yourself to every nosy snoop that comes along, and I have no desire to cause you any discomfort. Besides, if you intended to do us any harm, chances are you wouldn't bother to tell so. So what would be the point in asking?"

Azar
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
As Kain walks in the tavern, he inspects the place a bit, looking for Solinar, he sees that the men in black have left the tavern, he scratehs his head, "I wonder where those guys went?" he sees that another man has walked into the tavern and talking with the others.

Kain walks over to Solinar, not paying much attention to the newcomer, "Good news Solinar, we can head to Baldurs Gate, we leave in the morning."

Arkhemedes
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
"Ah, and there he is now," Manhor says as he indicates the man who just walked in. "Kain, meet our new acquaintance, Aram. Aram, this is Kain, the fellow whom Tam spoke of just a moment ago."

Azar
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Kain turns around, "Hello, Aram, nice to meet you." he sees his wierd eyes, and tries to keep his composer, "I haven't seen many elven people in my life, it seems that today is a momentus day, I meet new people, and my long lost friend." he puts his hand out, trying to shake his hand.

traesin
01-06-2010, 07:20 AM
As the evening turns into night, the people in the taproom start to head to their beds. Stories are swapped and the ale flows and soon you are tired and head to your own beds upstairs. (Alden will not hear of anyone not having enough money and insists that you stay.) The night is quiet and only the sound of crickets outside disturbs the silence. It isn't until dawn, with the sun shining though the window that you awake and hear the sounds of commotion from below in the bar.

Addicted2aa
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Datu gets up, hears the noise, straps his shield to his back and walks to the edge of the stairs with his spear in hand. He does not hurry, but strides with purpose.

Tlif
01-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Solinar wakes up with a start, and grabs his sword from where it is nearby his bed. He quietly walks up beside Datu. "Do you know what’s going on?" he whispers to him.

mnemenoi
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Tam is on his feet swiftly, immediately grabbing his saber. He throws open the door, completely forgetting he is wearing only underclothes. He spots the others standing at the ready in the hall and nods silently as he heads downstairs to determine what is going on.

sahelfootball82
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Aram had lain awake for quite some time before falling asleep, he was still concerned about yesterday's encounter with the bandits, but even more he had been completely preoccupied by the men in black. He couldn't get them out of his mind, wanting to know why they had reacted to him the way they had as well as why the scent had seemed so significantly familiar to him. After tossing and turning for a while he had finally succumbed to a fitful sleep filled with strange and wild dreams of men in black and bandits and people learning of his Bladesinger training, nightmares of whole nations wanting to hang him or worse...

He woke with a start. They had only been dreams after all, but he was still sweating like stuck hog. He lay in his bead for a while, allowing himself to remember what reality felt like, as well as just trying to calm himself down. Getting up he walked over to the washbin by the far wall and splashed his face with the cold water. The men in black jumped into his mind again. After a night of rest, albeit fitful, he hoped something would spark a connection in his mind, a faint memory of something...anything.

Aram attempts to recall the scent
--- Merged from Double Post ---
What he remembered or didn't remember was suddenly lost in the moment however, as a loud raucous was heard from down stairs. He couldn't tell what was going on, just that things were getting pretty wild downstairs. After the events of yesterday he was a bit warry of jumping into another fight, but then the face of the handsome bar maid from the night before jumped unbidden to his mind.

"Fight always for the innocent, and if the world despises you for it then just grow stronger." The words of his old master echoed in his head, drowning out the worries that had been there.

Aram dashed over to his bed, grabbing up his longsword from where it rested against the wall. As he bolted out the door he was thankful he had never taken off his pants the night before. Several of the men he had met the night before were already out there. Tam was already disappearing down the stairs. The other two, Aram was too preoccupied to recall their names, seemed to be trying to gauge the situation downstairs. A small voice insisted to Aram that he should to, but he just couldn't risk an innocent getting harmed while he decided what was going on from safety.

Aram dashed past the two in hall way, drawing his sword as he reached the bottom of the steps just behind Tam.

Arkhemedes
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Still half asleep, Manhor rolls over and pulls the pillow over his head.

By the gods! What in the world is all that racket downstairs! Don't they realize that some people may have hangovers at this time of the day? Honestly...is there no consideration left in this world?

But despite his efforts, Manhor is unable to silence the commotion that now seems to be spreading upstairs and into the hallway just outside his door, where people are slamming doors and stomping up and down the stairs...or so it seems to one whose pounding head feels as if it's about to split open like a melon. After a few more moments spent in the fruitless endeavor to block out the world around him, Manhor gives up in frustration and rolls over again with a real desire to hang someone...no one in particular, mind you...just someone...anyone would do nicely. However, this thought is forgotten just as quickly as it appears, as Manhor sits up in his bed and his head begins to swim about in a room that suddenly begins to do cartwheels around him.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow down! Slow down!

A few more moments pass as Manhor struggles to remain conscious and gradually take in the scene around him. Then he catches a glimpse of the blond lying next to him in bed, still in a deep slumber and completely oblivious to the noise downstairs. A grin spreads across the bard's face as he gazes at her backside and begins to recall some of the more enjoyable events of the previous night.

What was her name again? Joan? Was that it? Hmm...good thing I was one of the last to leave the barroom last night. Damn...sure wish I could sleep like that. Oh well, may as well get up and see what all the commotion is about. With my luck, the one time I'm not on my guard it'll be somebody who's after me. So...we'll just have a look-see. Then maybe I can crawl back in bed for a little more shut-eye.

Manhor gingerly slides out of bed, trying hard to ignore his splitting headache, and scrounges around for some clothes to put on...but not moving particularly quick about it.

Azar
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Kain wakes up, and grabbes his holy symbol, his ring, and longsword, he opens the door and sees Solinar, "Whats going on?" he says quietly. His longsword already out, ready for a fight.

traesin
01-07-2010, 03:11 AM
(Aram) As you splash water over your face, You realize where you have smelled that scent before. It's not quite the same, but very close...It's you.

(All) As you all come out of your rooms, You hear shouting and a the sounds of crying and intense sobbing.

(Aram and Tam) When you reach the Taproom, you see the bartender, Alden, and 3 of the towns guards standing around talking by the bar. The guards appear to be questioning Alden, who looks very upset. On the other side of the room; Sara, Alden's wife, is sitting at a table (table 1) with Lacy and Caroline. Sara is sobbing hard with Lacy and Caroline trying to comfort her while crying themselves.

You over hear the Guards asking Alden questions about what happened last night and if anyone strange was at the Inn. And when the last time he had seen his daughter, Lenna.

sahelfootball82
01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
The possible threat now gone, Aram quickly sheathed his longsword. Confusion still lingered thick in the air, but at least it wasn't immediate danger. As the adrenaline subsided and he began to settle down a little the scent from the night before finally struck him.

It's me, he thought, astonished. Certainly not the same, but it's very similar. Similar heritage? I wish I had gotten a better look at those badges they were wearing, I might have recognized one. But if they took one look at me and stormed out, then what exactly is their heritage?

The questions threatened to consume his thoughts but with a start he remembered where he was, as well as that he had no clue what was really going on here. Turning to Tam he started to suggest that Tam find out what was going on while he went to try and calm some of the others down. Thinking better of it he said, "On second thought, Tam why don't you try to calm them down...these eyes aren't exactly very settling for people already in hysterics. I'll try and find out what I can."

Without waiting to see what Tam would do, Aram strode over to where Alden was talking with the town guards. The conversation slowed as he approached.

"I would wish you a good morn, sirs, but I'm afraid that does not appear to be the case. My name is Aram and if you don't mind my asking, I would know what has happened here?"

mnemenoi
01-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Tam shakes his head a bit and starts toward the group of men when he realizes he in in nothing but his nightclothes. Turning a beet red shade, he turns quickly back toward the stairs, "A tousand pardons, lemme get sumtin proper on and all," as the rest fades into a mumble as he heads upstairs.

As he climbs the stirs he notices the few men gathering in the hall, "Its da local guards. Days askin 'bout Lenna, Alden's youngest daughter. If ya know sumtin best ya head on down and tell em..." as he pardoned himself back into his room to get dressed a bit for formally. He had no mind to be letting the trail grow cold.

Arkhemedes
01-07-2010, 08:03 AM
After putting some pants on, Manhor opens the door just a crack, and though it is not enough to hear what's going on downstairs, it is enough to hear Tam explaining to those in the hallway what's happening. Mahnor quietly closes the door and turns to look back at the still sleeping occupant of his bed.

Hmmm...I wonder if she has any relation to Alden. That would just be my luck, wouldn't it? Well, I guess I better let her know what's happening.

Manhor then sits at the side of the bed and takes a brief moment to prepare himself to wake up the girl and tell her what is going on downstairs.

Azar
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Kain puts his sword in his sheath, then grabs his pants and cloack quickly, and puts them on, walks down stairs. He starts to ask the gaurds some questions themselves. "Hello good sirs, what I might ask is going on?"

Tlif
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Solinar follows the sound of the crying. When he reaches it, he stands near the guards so that he can hear what their questioning the merchant about. Sounds like his daughter was abducted, perhaps? Or maybe just ran off. He sets his sheathed sword down out of the way on a nearby table.

traesin
01-08-2010, 05:31 AM
(Manhor) You gently wake Joan and Tell her the news of what's going on. A horrified look crosses her face and she rapidly gets dressed and runs down stairs.

(Kain, Aram, Solinar) The guards look at you suspiciously. On of the guards speaks up "It seems that the young lady, Leena, has disappeared." He turns and looks at each of you. "You wouldn't know anything about that would you?" He asks in away that suggests that you are at the top of his suspect list.

Azar
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Kain says, "No, I didn't hear anything from her, thats saying if she ran away of course. Now if she was kidnapped, well I know there where some wierd fellows in here, they where wearing black cloacks with different colored badges."

Addicted2aa
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Datu nods at Tam as he goes, by then turns to his room. He had never met the daughter, so he had no business with guards. He would be off as soon he had dressed. He had no destination, just a direction, away from his home and his shame, and a desire to go as his legs could take him. He had enough money to last a few more days, a week or two at most, before he would have to find work. He didn’t know what sort of work he could do, perhaps he could find a place as a hunter again, but that was a worry for another day.
He snapped the last buckle of his armor, tied his shield, sword, and sleeping bag together in a makeshift sling for his back. He left his shield facing out, proudly displaying the fight that had made his grandfather a legend, he walked out of his room, intent on leaving the inn and its village behind him.
As he descended the stairs he saw the men he had met last night, one of them as much an outsider as himself, perhaps even more so. He had been a loner all his life, aloof and distant, thinking himself better than his peers, but for once he felt a twinge of guilt leaving without saying a parting. It was partly because he had gone so long without a friendly word, it had been more than a month since some one had bothered to speak with him about anything other than his skin and the jungles he had left behind. More than that though, he was finding some humility in his new life as an exile.
He approaches the group of men talking to the guards.

sahelfootball82
01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Leena. Which one was she? With a glance over at the other women huddled together he quickly checked to see if the handsome faced one was there. His heart dropped into the pit of his stomach as he realized that she must have been Leena, because she wasn't with the other women, none of these women even had the right brown hair.

Trouble seems to follow you. You knew that and yet you came here, endangering this people? Aram began mentally berating himself for a moment before remember where he was. Suddenly he remembered that he wasn't wearing a shirt and panic quickly threatened to consume him. Glancing around to see if any preying eyes might see him right now he decided that he needed to get out of here as quickly as possible.

"I'm sorry officers, but I have not seen her since last night. When I went to bed she was still tending to the few costumers left. However, I'm feeling a bit chilled right now, what with me not wearing a shirt and all. I beg your leave until I may get properly dressed. I will return shortly."

Aram made a small bow with his head and left the Taproom as quickly as he could, trying his best to keep his back and left side away from view to anyone in the room. Once in the stairway he quickly dashed up to his room and threw on a shirt as fast as he could. Once the chainmail was securely in place on top of that he finally felt safe to relax.

He walked casually back down, just behind a pretty blond woman who looked like she had tossed and turned quite terribly through the night and probably got very little sleep.

My gut tells me those black-clad men are involved in this somehow, but I have no proof of anything, and from the town's perspective I am just as likely as they are to do something like this. More so, in fact, if they are from around here. Curse your eyes today, boy, because you are going to very quickly be a prime suspect, even more so if they noticed why it was that you dashed out from their company so suddenly.

As Aram arrived back in the taproom he found that he had been right, as soon as he entered the room the guards quickly looked up and eye him with guilty convictions already plain on their face.

Well that didn't take long, now did it? You had better see if there is any way you can help make amends for this situation or you are going to wind up in some really hot water, really fast. You remember all too well what happened the last time you were arrested, can your conscience afford a similar fiasco?

"I apologize for my sudden disappearance, sirs. I hope you have discovered some place to start? I understand that a stranger the likes of myself appearing the night before a travesty such as this is certainly hard to believe as coincidence, but, " at this Aram looked each guard straight in the eye, challenging each to dare not believe what he said next, "I am not the one responsible for this. If you can give me a chance, however, I will do everything in power to be the one responsible for her safe return."

mnemenoi
01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
"You'd havta be gettin in line dere freind," replies Tam as he finally walks down the stairs, tightening a bracer in his dark leathers. The glint of various metals adorn it in a chaotic fashion. A saber hangs easily from his left side and a horseman's short bow is slung over his shoulder. A tattered patchwork cloak flutters behind him, his iron shod boots loudly stomping across the wooden floor.

"Alden, I'm very sorry," seeing he was quite upset. "I'll find her, cain't find a hole deep enough ta be a hidin demselves," as he slung a pack over his shoulder. "Veta's fast, might not be a looker, but she knows when I needs sometin and she'll outpace a stallion."

Arkhemedes
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Manhor, finishes dressing a few minutes after Joan leaves the room. He straps on his sword and heads out the door into the hallway and down the stairs. He slows as he reaches the bottom of the stairs to try and avoid drawing any attention to himself as well as to listen in on the conversation that is going on there. He then pauses once he gets to a point within view of the guards and the acquaintances he made the previous night, making sure he can hear everything that is being said.

Which one was Leena, I wonder. Well, at least this time, unlike so many other times before, my fooling around may prove to have been a good thing in that I have a sound alibi for the entire night...or, at least, I think I do. I don't quite recall everything I did last night.

Addicted2aa
01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Datu approaches Tam, Aram, Kain, and Solinar to say his goodbyes. He catches both Tam and Aram’s pledge to assist Alden’s family. It takes him only a moment to figure out what everyone thinks has happened. His first instinct is to leave well alone, but as he looks at Alden’s face he recognizes the pain of loosing a daughter. He thinks of his own daughter and what he would do if she had disappeared while he still lived with her. Had this been his village he would have been the first one sent out after a missing child, whether his or not, when he thought about it. And it wasn’t like he was expected anywhere. Perhaps he could pause at this village to help for a few days.
“I too would like to help in whatever way I can. This town is not my home and this girl is not my daughter, so I yield to those whose have a more vested interest, but I would like to offer some advice. Where I grew up and lived for most of my life, children were prone to wandering and would be often missing at the end of the day. I headed many of the search parties. Rarely would we find them in any danger, especially youths just on the verge of adulthood. It is often the night and moon sing to them and they seek the privacy only the open sky at night can give, to meet and dance. I am wondering if there is anything to suggest this is not the case today?”

sahelfootball82
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Aram turned to see the dark skinned man from the night before, Datu. He approached from the door, like he had been about to leave, but whatever the case was he had changed his mind. However what he said made a lot of sense, Aram knew of no reason why she might have been kidnapped. Nothing in this room suggested struggle of any kind, Aram had just assumed that if all these people were so concerned something must really have been wrong.

"I must agree with this traveler. I jumped to conclusions thinking things might be as bad as possible, but is there any reason to believe that she might not have wandered off on her own?"

traesin
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Alden shouts "My Leena would not run off!" He quickly lowers his voice as he looks over at his wife. "She is a good biddable girl." One of the guards puts an understanding hand on his shoulder. "Aye Alden, we know she is. Don't worry to much. I've already sent a message to search all the caravans before they leave. We'll find her. Now why don't you go sit with Sara, while I talk to these gentlemen." He gentle pushes Alden towards his wife and waits till he gets over to her before turning to address you. "Alright now. You claim..." He pauses for a moment and raises and eyebrow as to question what you say. "you all don't know what happened last night. So lets start at the top. What are you Full names and what are you doing here in town?"

sahelfootball82
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Aram's mind began racing. Lie? Tell the truth? How much of the truth? This was turning into an ugly situation fast. His full name? These people wouldn't know anything right?

What do I do? Aram thought. If I try lying and they catch me then everyone here will turn on me for sure, and just when I found a group of people who aren't terrified by my very existence. Do I dare risk that? And yet, if any of them has heard anything would that not bring about the same problems, if not worse? Either course of action is a huge risk. What do I do?

Steeling his resolve, knowing that he had to do something, Aram decided that the if he was going to ever hope to spend any time with these people he would need to trust them some day.

"My name is Aram. Aram "Silvereyes" Moonbrook. I came here to find a place to rest for the night after encountering a couple of bandits along the road. I arrived alone late evening and spent the rest of my waking hours with these gentlemen, as well as the one who had been playing music. There was a group of men wearing all black including black cloaks with badges on their shoulders. They left just after I walked in." Aram decided to skip over the fact that they had seemed to take special note of him. "When I left the taproom I went straight to my room and to bed. I awoke just briefly before all the commotion began down here, and you saw me burst in here with my sword drawn. Is there anything else you would like to know?"

mnemenoi
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
"Me names Tam and I been bouncin 'ere fer," scratching his beard in contemplation. "Couple weeks at least. Nuttin astroardinary last night far as I recall. What wit dis bein mostly travelers ain't likely I'd spot someone thats new," in an attempt to explain why nothing stood out.

"They's a few fella's that lit out early, but they jis had sum funny uniforms. I spoke wit em and dey seemed fine, far as I wez figurin. Kinda sketchy fella up from da south, not sure where. Maybe Amn?" as he shrugged his shoulders. "He seemed kinda quiet, but he mighta not e'ven spoke da same tongue as we do. Shabbier homeless fella cum draggin in early, but I sent 'im packin and I don't even tink Leena wez workin that early. She wez still fixin viddles if I 'member right," hoping that might help the guard. Honestly they all seemed just as likely and none stood out as the snatching type. He knew it could just as easily be anyone in the inn or none at all.

Tlif
01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
"Solinar, and I'm a humble soldier of fortune. I'm just passing through your village. Are you sure looking for the girl in caravans is the thing to do? If she's not being held some where around town, and If her captors has any degree of intellect, he or she will have avoid getting close enough to anyone to look suspicious." judging by Solinar's, he regards the men with a slightly condescending attitude. He has seen guards try to protect the populace and fail due to their unintuitive and close-minded attitude. He was concerned for the girl, and didnt want her fate in incompetent hands I assume that you have no obvious suspects? Other than ourselves of course. He smirks.

traesin
01-09-2010, 12:44 AM
The Guard looks at you. "We are check-in the town too; Smarty Pants. And an attitude like that will throw you at the top of my List." He turns towards Tam. "You've been boucin here? Hmmmm..... and no one caught your eye? Well that ain't good." He then turns to Aram. "And you saw nothin? Alright, if I need more from ya I will find you. I'd stay close to town for now though. I'll going to talk to the rest of your little group now" He then turns his back towards you and whispers to one of the other guards. The other guard nods his head and runs out of the Inn.

Joan then comes up to you all "Do you want any breakfast this morning? I'm going to get some food for Alden and Sara and I can bring some for you as well. The other girls are going to help in the kitchen as well, so I can bring you something hot." As she says this the other two waitresses get up. One heads to the kitchen and the other gets two mugs of ale from the bar and sets them down in front of Alden and his wife.

Azar
01-09-2010, 09:26 PM
As Kain walks back in from putting on his armor, he says, "And I am Kain, a cleric of Tyr, nice to meet you gentlemen." he shakes hands with the gaurds. "I would like to help you as much as possible before I leave tommorow with a caravan I am traveling with." he say to the gaurds.

"What type of churches are here in this little town?" asking everyone.

sahelfootball82
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
The blond that Aram had passed on his way up to his room to throw a shirt on and cover up his secret (well the one he could hide anyway, which was good because it was the one more likely to get him killed rather than just looked down on) offered a hot breakfast if he wanted one. After a fitful night and a chaotic morning, some food in his belly did sound rather good.

"Thank you, miss," he said, with a bow of his head, "a hot breakfast would not be amiss this morning. Would you happen to know if Alden and his wife would be up for a few more questions?"

Arkhemedes
01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Manhor slinks over towards the others from behind the bar, looking a bit sheepish and under the weather.

"Morning all...I understand someone is missing?" Turning to the guards he continues, "My name is Manhor and I am merely passing through town. I can assure you that I have a sound alibi as I was never alone the entire night. But I am willing to offer my assistance in anyway that I can."

Turning to Joan with a casual look that hopefully only she catches the meaning of, and indicating that he means to be as discreet as possible. "And I would like to take you up on the offer of breakfast...but please, no ale for me...just water."

traesin
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
(Aram) Joan nodds at you and point to a both in the corner (15). She then smiles broadly at Manhor as she heads towards the kitchen.

(Kain and Manhor) The two guards standing there look at you. The lead guard says "So you be a priest of Tyr huh? What brings you here so far from a temple? And you are just 'meerly passing though'?" Mimicing Manhor. "You got the look of trouble on your face." He states looking you up and down.

sahelfootball82
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanking Joan, Aram approaches Alden and his wife. It is quite apparent that they are very shaken over this whole matter, lending weight to the belief that she wouldn't have run away.

But there is always a first time for everything. Aram thought grimly. He didn't want to think of the trouble it would cause if she had in fact simply run away. Then again, he shuddered to think of her being taken by force as well. Bahamut's blood! She had better be unharmed.

As Aram approached Alden looked up, his face still saying she couldn't have run away. Aram was torn as to what to say, how to start. How do you ask questions without making it worse?

"Alden, sir, I would like to help find your daughter, whether she ran away or whether it was against her will matters not to me, all I want is to see her safe return. It is a dangerous world, especially for a young maiden alone, I would like to protect her but I need to find her. To find her I will need your help to get any information I can. I am suspicious of the men that were here last night wearing all black with the shoulder patches, but I have no reason to believe there is a connection between their attitude last night and your daughter's disappearance other than my gut, which could well just be some indigestion," added Aram hoping to lighten the mood a little bit.

Azar
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
"My business is my business, and do not talk to my friend in such manor. I have just the same authority than any of you. I seek justice and the safe return of his daughter as all the rest of you do. I am a Holy Justicer, now please... tell me what type of churches are in the area." he says very demandingly.

Arkhemedes
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
"It's alright Kain," Manhor says to the priest. "I get that a lot. I'm used to it." Turning back to the guard he says, "But my offer to cooperate and be of any assistance I can still stands."

mnemenoi
01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Tam maneuvers to intercede with the guards, his hands raised slightly in a calming manner. "Whoa fella's prolly jis on the wrong foots all. We alls jis a bit worried and a whole lot shaken what wit the news of a young girl missin. We all want her back and are offerin a hand in the doin at that," as he slides a bit closer to the guards and speaks in hushed tones. "He's jis a bit high strung's all, he don't mean no offense," with a quick glance back at Kain suggesting he drop the issue.

"How bout we get a bite ta eat, clear are heads up and be thinkin clear. Best fer everbody me Ma used ta say," a large grin across his face as he tries to guide the guards toward breakfast.

Azar
01-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Kain looks at at Tam, "I am going to ask around." he walks out the door and heads for the other inn across the village.

As he gets there, it' quiet, and I ask the barmaid sitting around for custimers. "Could you please get a lady for me please, you may know her as the one who talks just a bit to much." he smiles at the lass. "Please hurry."

traesin
01-14-2010, 05:30 AM
(Datu and Solinar) Joan loads up the corner table with different kinds of hot breakfast foods and places some pitchers of ale on the table. As you go to sit and eat, You notice that the one guard that has not been questioning everyone, is watching you with interest.

(Tam) The Leader replies "I ain't got time for breakfast. You just make sure your 'friends' don't leave town." he says with a firm nod of his head and he moves off to question a another couple of people that are coming from the upstairs rooms.

(Kain) The waitress looks at you for a moment and says "Oh! You mean Lady-talks-alot." She smiles at you. "It will be one moment and I shall tell her you are here." She then heads towards the stairs leading to the second floor. After what seems an eternity, the lady comes down the stairs. She sees you and heads right over. "What can I do for you, young man?"

(Aram)Sara is still sobbing into Alden's shoulder, but when you speak your condolences to her, she looks up and gives you a brief smile. Alden whispers something quietly in her ear and she gets up. "Please excuse me." She says quietly and heads to the kitchen area. Alden watches her walk away. "I didn't want her to be here when people are talking about what happened. I told her to go and lay down for awhile." He sighs very heavily and looks up at you. "Now what where you asking young man?"

(Manhor) As Joan walks by on one of trips from the kitchen she hands you a mug of hot something. Your not sure what it is and it doesn't smell the greatest. She sees your face on another trip to the kitchen and says "Drink it. It will make you feel better." She then slaps you on your ass and heads into the kitchen.

mnemenoi
01-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Shrugging his shoulders, Tam moves to sit near Manhor. He had no desire to argue with these guards and convincing them of their innocence appeared to be an act of futility. Kain leaving without any explanation certainly did not help his case though. He decided to let Tyr watch over his hot headed servant.

Groaning a bit as he sat down, he nodded to one of the girls. "Got a feelin its gonna be one o' dem long days..."

Arkhemedes
01-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Manhor looks at the mug with the strange looking liquid inside, takes a whiff of it and nods to Tam. "You can say that again, my friend." Then he glances over at Joan's retreating backside, smiles and says, "Oh well. Maybe it won't be all that bad." With a bit of a grimace on his face, he then proceeds to gulp down the contents of the mug.

Azar
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
"Hello there, I just wanted to let you know that I may not be able to go with you and your caravan today. I am in search of a young lady by the name of Leena." I whisper, "She has gone missing, and I think I have a hunch who did it." then speaking normal, "So if I don't get to travel with you, I am eternally sorry. I wanted to say my goodbyes and also if you meet a young lady by the name of Leena, please come tell me, or her father." he then starts telling her about the other inn, and a bit of what Leena looks like. Of course to the best of his memories.

Tlif
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Solinar takes several bites of the food and washes it down with a long draught of the ale. "Excuse me a moment my friend, but I’m not so good at eating under scrutiny. He says to Datu as he stands up to walks over to the guard. "So, why are you so fascinated by me and my friends?”.

traesin
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
(Manhor) The stuff in the mug tastes vile and for a moment you aren't sure if Joan just didn't poison you. However, after a few moments the smell of food doesn't make you queasy anymore.

(Kain) The lady looks at you. "Oh you where coming with us? Well I can understand why you aren't now. Good luck in your quest to find her. You think you know who huh? Well I hope you find them. Oh don't worry about me. I will be fine. You have been a good traveler. I hope we meet again so that I can finish my story of my family history and about cheese. I know you will do just fine in the world. Did you say her name was Leena? You know I had a servant named that. You should meet her. She has the most lovely hands. I think she is still unattached. Yes she is. You must stop by my house and meet her. You two would make a lovely couple. Yes I must go and write her now. I will see you later. I will go and write to her that you will be stopping by to see her." at which point she heads upstairs talking to herself about wedding plans.

(Solinar) The guard looks at you. "You best be on your good behavior. We can handle people like you." He turns and walks towards where his boss is questioning others of the inn.

Addicted2aa
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Datu looks up at the two companions he is left sharing the table with a resigned look. "What has happened in this town that fertile woman goes missing for less than a day and it becomes a major crisis? Still I understand a father's fear and even if you she is in no trouble she may be lost outside. If we all wish to assist it would be better to do so with care and haste. Freind Tam, you have been here awhile, any ideas on how to procede?"

Azar
01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Kain rolls his eyes, thinking of how he will miss the funny times with that woman. Then thinking about how he wont.

Kain heads back to the inn, hoping someone has found something out.

sahelfootball82
01-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Waiting until Sara has left the room I turn back to Alden. "I was just wondering if there was anybody you could think of that might want to harm you or your daughter, and leads would help us out greatly. And any reasons why you are so certain she would not have left on her own would also be helpful. I would like to bring her back safe as soon as I can, but not being from around here I will need some information to help me figure out where to start. Any information you can give me I will pass along to the others who are wanting to help and we will work together to find your Leena as soon as possible."

traesin
01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
(Aram) "Leena is a good bidable girl. She knew she could do whatever she wanted, as long as she told us. She always did right by us. She worked hard here and me and the misses are proud of her and told her so often. She had no beau. Not that we would have minded. Anyone who made her happy, would have been fine for us and she know that. I don't know anyone that would want to harm her. She is well known in the village. She has always been very helpfull and sweet to everyone. Who would harm a Inn Keepers daughter?" Tears start to fall from his eyes as he looks down at the table.

(Aram) Make a wisdom check-d20

Azar
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Kain walks in, and says, "Well, i'm back, and we may not be able to head to Baldurs gate." he looks over to Solinar. "I mean, you can go, but i'm staying until I find out what has happened to the girl." he puts his hood down. "Any leads?" I ask to everyone.

mnemenoi
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Looking at Datu, Tam shrugs his shoulders a bit "I'd say eat sum breakfast and wait fer the guards to figure up they know nuthin," in a quiet tone he and Manhor can hear. "Won't take long atall. Then sure'nuff they'll come askin fer us, you watch..."

Tlif
01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
"I'm staying here. I'd like to see this through as well. I don't quite want to jump town now that my sharp intellect put me on list of suspects. He says ruefully. Itd seem a bit suspicious."

Addicted2aa
01-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Datu nods, for Tam’s words have the clear ring of truth. He begins to eat trying to remove the queasy feeling Alden’s explosion had left on him. Clearly the man was grieving and his emotions were over whelming, but his certainty had made Datu doubt his own words. Perhaps the girl had not left according to her own youthful desires. Or perhaps she had, but had met trouble outside of town that had prevented her from returning. His thoughts kept turning to the awful things that men did to young girls and Leena’s face kept turning into Kalleena, this own daughter, there names so similar even if their life’s were not.
“An impatient tiger catches no antelope it is true, but neither does a patient one who waits at the wrong tree. Wait for the guards, I will search the surrounding area for signs of Leena. Manhor, if you are staying awhile perhaps you could use your skills to put everyone here a little more at ease.” In a low voice “Particularly the over zealous guards” In a lower voice “And our equally hasty friends.”
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Louder "Solinar, perhaps you and you're friend would accompany me look for the trail that Leena has disappeared on."

Azar
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Kain nods to Datu, "Of course."

Arkhemedes
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
In response to Datu's suggestion, Manhor nods at him and replies, "Ah, very good idea, Datu. I'm not exactly feeling so great this morning. Otherwise I might have come up with the idea myself. But, now that I've gotten something in my belly, I believe I am feeling better. So without further ado...some music to calm the troubled soul."

Manhor then proceeds to play some light and soothing melodies on his mandolin, hoping it will do something to calm the nerves of all within earshot.

(Again, saving throws vs. paralyzation for everyone or have their reactions/emotions shifted one category. Note that PCs don't really need to make saving throws every time Manhor plays music.)

sahelfootball82
01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Wisdom Check

sahelfootball82
01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
As Alden speaks Aram become increasingly concerned that he might be holding something back, something that might really make a difference, but he can't be sure.

"Sir, I understand that this is a bit sudden and difficult and you don't want to possibly think anything but the best about your daughter since she is having to deal with such a terrible predicament, but if any of us are to really be effective we are going to need all the facts. From what you said your daughter must be perfect, and if that's the case she would be the first perfect person I have ever met. You also never mentioned whether or not there might be someone who would want to hurt you, because from the sound of things she would be a prime target if somebody wanted leverage over you."

Pulling up a chair right next to Alden, Aram sits down and whisper quietly, "If there is anything you don't want getting out or think would end badly if people found out just look at me. As you can plainly tell, mine is a life that requires extreme discretion and solitude."

Aram sits back and wait, hoping that Alden might be willing to be open with him, whether it be something about his family that he doesn't want the world to know, or whether he was already contacted and told not to talk doesn't matter to me, it is quickly becoming apparent that something is going on here and a young woman is caught in the middle.

traesin
01-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Alden looks down at the table. He seems to take a few moments like he is thinking. He then looks up at you with tears in his eyes. "I'm just a simple Inn keeper. I can't think of anyone who would hold a grudge agaisnt me. I don't know why this is happening. I don't understand why my little girl is gone."

mnemenoi
01-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Tam finishes his meal, belching loudly as he wipes a copious amount of greasy cream gravy through his beard.

"Now dat wez jis what I needed," as he grabs a few finished plates from around him. He starts toward the kitchen and passes Alden, where he comes to rest. "Alden, Me and a few o dese fella's sure like ta be takin ta da road lookin fer yer dearie. I ain't one ta be sayin dem guards ain't doin no good, but... Well wese a mite bit keener den dem you could say. All I need's yer tellin and I'll be makin it me mishion, I been roun' dis world and seen a mite bit moreden dese local bayz dey dress in suits fer sure. You be tellin us when ya had 'nough and we'll be ridin in da hour..." as he continues on into the kitchen allowing him to either follow or respond at his leisure.

sahelfootball82
01-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Alden seems convinced to hold his peace and Aram knows that his looks are certainly not something to put a man at ease so he decides to leave well enough alone. Just then Tam walks past him, speaking to Alden. Aram decides to try a new tactic. Falling in beside Tam he whispers without leaning in so that it just looks like he is accompanying him out.

"Something seems off about what Alden has been telling us. Don't ask me why, but I just don't feel right about his story. I doubt he trusts me, but you've been working for him, at least for a little while. Could you try to see if you can find out anything more to go on as a lead?"

mnemenoi
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
With a deathly quiet whisper and wink of his eye, "Sure thing, exactly what I wez thinkin..." as Tam heads into the kitchen.

sahelfootball82
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Seeing that Tam was on the same page, Aram decides that he is no longer needed here. Finding a bowl of food and a mug of ale still untouched he figures it must have been the one he had asked for before approaching Alden. Sitting down he let a long sigh. This was shaping up to be a long day for everyone, but some food would certainly help a lot. A decent mug of ale never hurt things either, and this inn had proved to do very well in that regard.

But now the question remained of where to start? Did he dare try asking around? No, the minute they see your appearance they will turn tail and run if they think you have anything to do with this. They will probably think you are the one responsible. No, dealing with people isn't going to be where you are a help this time. But what then?

Aram sat in silence while he ate his breakfast, systematically trying to figure out what would be the best course of action at this time. He hoped that Tam would be successful in finding a lead, because otherwise they were shooting blind in the desert, hoping to find water.

traesin
01-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Alden sits quietly at his table staring at the top of it. He has a look of helplessness and hopelessness on his face. The waitresses seem to have lost the bounce in their step and are slightly listless. The Inn itself is not open to the public, but the patrons are being taken care of. Joan smiles at Manhor as he strikes up a tune. His music does seem to help raise the overwhelming cloud of melancholy. The guards finish questioning the last of the patrons and walk over to Alden. The leader quietly talks to Alden for a moment. Alden nods to him and the leader sends the other guard out the door. The leader then sits down next to Alden and quietly speaks to him.

Tlif
01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
"I will accompany you" Solinar says. He picks up his sword and belts it on.

sahelfootball82
01-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Aram finishes up his breakfast in silence. Seeing that nobody has found anything yet he decides to do a good look around the inn, maybe there was a clue somewhere as to whether or not she had left alone or struggled against force.

Addicted2aa
01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Datu nods his appreciation. One warrior to another there is respect in that gesture that words cannot share. They walk outside into the glaring morning sun to a view of the town. While it is only a small village it dwarfs the settlements Datu grew up around. It was nothing to the fabled Mezzro but he had never set foot within 10 miles of that glorious city. He knows instinctively that he will not be of use inside the bounds of the settlement. Still he has worked with civilized militia before and he remembers the basic procedure.

“I assisted the Flaming Fist before I came here. Most often tracking criminals and lost nobles through my jungle. For now though, we have no trail to track. Our first job is to find one. Our search must bring us to different places. Myself, I am not a man for the city; the forest is where I am at home. As such I shall search the surrounding area for likely routes that are off the main roads.”
Datu looked off around the city as he spoke, as if he would be able to see where the missing girl had gone by shear will. After a pause he turned back to his companions.
“If you would have it my advice is this: Often our investigations began with questioning those would have been last able to see the departed. Kain, you are a priest of justice. The lawmen of this town will respect that. If you find the guards who were on duty last night ask them what they saw. The girl is not likely to have gone by them, but perhaps someone who saw her did. Solinar, you look like the men who always travel with merchants as they trade. All warriors I have met love to trade stories. Perhaps the newly arrived guards have some that would be of interest to us. I imagine it will take me till the sun has reached its peak before I am done scouting. I will return to this inn then.”

traesin
01-30-2010, 10:16 AM
(Tam) You enter the kitchen to the sounds of a bustling kitchen. The Waitresses are doing their best to cook up some breakfast for the rest of the Inn's guests and are starting on lunch. One by one they see you and smile. Little signs of hope appear on their faces. All except Joan's.

(Aram) You go outside to look around the Inn. (Make a Int. check)

(Datu) tracking check please

(Kain) You head towards the nearest guard post. You can only see one guard there.

(Solinar) You head towards the caravan area. As you near it you can see quite a few guards in the area and they look to be searching each caravan.

(Manhor) As you sit and play, 6 gaurds come into the Inn followed by a man in robes. His robes are very similar in color and style to that of the guard uniform. The Group stops at the table that the Leader and Alden is sitting at and confers with the leader.

Azar
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I ask the gaurd, "Hail friend, I was wondering who was on duty last night? I need to ask them some questions about a missing girl from Aldens Inn, it's his daughter. You may know him?" he grabs his holy symbol, "I am a Holy Justicer of Tyr. I have the right." he says calmly, not trying to anger the gaurd.

mnemenoi
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Tam walks over toward Joan slowly, lightly patting her in reassurance. "Joan, I'm very sorry. I'd like to help, is there anything you can think of that might help find her? Anything at all..." hoping she can sense my honesty and desire to assist her in locating Sara's daughter.

traesin
01-30-2010, 04:32 PM
(Azar) The gaurd looks at you. "Oh Aye. All the night shift is working in the caravan feilds. Yur lookin fer her too? Well I'd talk to dem then." and he points towards the Caravans.

(Tam) Joan looks at you and Smiles "I know you will try to find her, But be very carefull. I know nothing to help you. I just know that something is up. Sara wouldn't look me in the eye when I asked her about it." She then heads out to the taproom.

Azar
01-30-2010, 07:57 PM
"Thank you kind sir." he bows and heads off. His brown cloack wrapped around him, he hurries to the caravan fields.

traesin
01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
(Aram) As you walk around the back of the Inn, you could swear you smell that same scent that you smelled the night before.

mnemenoi
01-31-2010, 08:11 AM
The grizzled man breathes a sigh, this situation is certainly sounding more complicated as this morning goes on. He gives a quick wink to the other girls as he blatantly steals a slice of bacon from the skillet.

He walks back into the Inn proper, noticing the new guards. He moves back toward Manhor, taking an nearby seat. He nods slightly toward the new guards and robed man with a quizzical look, "They find her?"

Arkhemedes
01-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Manhor turns to Tam and shakes his head. "I doubt it," he says. "But it looks like they may have gotten a wizard to help them out." Manhor nods towards the man in robes. "Whatever he is, let's hope he has better luck than the guards. I'm starting to feel a little impatient. I may just have to join in the search myself. Unfortunately, my head is still in such a fog I wouldn't know where to begin."

sahelfootball82
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
There it is again, thought Aram. I knew something didn't feel right about them. Not that I have any proof that those men in the black outfits had anything to do with the missing girl, but whatever the reason, they seem to be involved in something.

Afraid to let the scent go cold Aram quickly makes his way inside. Seeing Tam and Manhor together he approaches them to let them know what he has found and what his plan is.

"Tam, I may have something," he begins in a very quite voice as he suddenly notices that there are more guards here then there used to be. "Nothing that says for sure that it has anything to do with the girl, but my gut says it does. It's only a scent, and I don't know how well I can track it, but I'm going to try anyway. I can tell you who I'm tracking though, it's those same men in black cloaks from last night. The ones that left just as I showed up." Aware that it seems strange that he would know who it is simply be a scent he adds quickly, "They had a very distinct scent about them, one that is...very familiar to me. If either of you is good at tracking you might be able to help where I fall short, otherwise I will begin on my own, if I find anything I will let you know right away."

Without even waiting for a reply Aram turns and heads right back out the way he came, eager to be the hunter for once.

mnemenoi
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Bending over near him Tam appears to be inspecting his boots, "Talked to Joan and seems Sarah was acting weird about her daughter's disappearance. Last I saw was Alden sending her to her room, I'd hate to go barging in and demanding answers," with a shrug he rises again.

"Damned cobbler, cain't hordly find a decent one nowadays..."

After hearing Aram, Tam nods and stands following him outside.

Arkhemedes
01-31-2010, 05:34 PM
"You guys go on ahead," Manhor says. "Think I'll stay here and see if I can eves drop a bit. Besides, if any of the others return while you're gone I can let them know where you went and sort of be the information depot." Manhor then tries to find a spot in the inn where he can listen in on what the guards and the man in robes are saying.

mnemenoi
01-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Tam nods to him in understanding and slowly follows Aram outside.

"Ya says that sometin smells out 'ere eh? Biskets and bacun's all I'm gettin.." as he looks about to determine exactly where Aram is headed to.

sahelfootball82
01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
As Aram arrives back outside he notices that Tam has followed him. Once out of easy earshot he says, still quiet, but a little louder than before, "What I am smelling is certainly not biscuits and bacon, what I smell is..." he pauses for a moment, "well it's very familiar anyway. It's a smell that I have been around my whole life but a very uncommon smell, I don't know that I would be able to describe it. Not unless..." again he stops.

Say anymore and you risk things being known that shouldn't be known, he thinks, but then again, if you don't tell him it could be a girl's life on the line. I hate all these choices and all these stupid secrets. Why me? Why did these gifts have to fall to me? But if not me then it would have been someone else. If someone has to deal with it why not me, I haven't been able to save one yet, but I might yet be able to save another in the mean time. Time to let people in, I guess.

"I wouldn't be able to describe it unless you have noticed a different scent while around me. If you have then you might be able to help, otherwise I'll track the scent and you see if you can pick up a more tangible trail along the way that we can follow if I lose the scent."

With that Aram leads Tam around the inn to find where the scent leads away from the inn.

mnemenoi
01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Tam listens intently to the man sniffing him after he finishes. He squints a bit in thought before replying, "Smoke, bit o beans maybe, could use a bath perhaps?" He grins widely, "Don't smell no diff'rent den any o' us ol' chap, hate ta be lettin ya down. Ya got ye better mind though, so I'll follah. Hell best lead we's got." Tam nods to continue, falling in line behind the elf.

He looks about, hoping he might spot some sign that stood out. Sadly hunting in Eltural was far less tracking and much more riding and stalking. When he needed to track someone he hired someone that knew more then he did. Still he gave it his best and could only hope his glazed eyes might spot something the keen eyed elf missed, yeah he had little hope indeed.

traesin
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
(Solinar) You arrive at the area that the Caravans are parked. There is about a half a dozen guards that you see, slowly taking to people and throughly searching each wagon, much to the dismay of the wagon masters. Several Wagon masters are standing in a group with frowns on their faces and muttering to each other.

(Kain) When you reach the Caravan area, You see that the guards are searching the wagons and speaking with the people associated with the caravans. It seems to you that the guards are doing a very good job searching.

(Manhor) You over hear the leader telling the other guards to go ahead and search the Inn top to bottom and all of the rooms. The leader puts an emphasis on the word All. And then you see the guards and the robed man head upstairs. While the leader stays with Alden.

(Tam) You don't see any sort of a trail and you definitely don't smell anything out of the ordinary.

(Aram) The sent trail starts to lead you towards the farmer's market area and then it fades a bit. (int and wis checks again).

Azar
01-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Kain walks up to a guard and says "Hail my friend, my names Kain. I am a Holy Justicer of Tyr, and I would like to ask you a few questions about Aldens missing girl, Leena. Have you found anything, any clue at all that may help me in my personal investigation?" he says staring at the others who are searching the other caravans.

Arkhemedes
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Manhor, overhears the man who is in charge of the guards, and despite the dull roar in his head, it gradually dawns on him. There must be something else going on here. And if I were to guess, I'd say, Sara and Alden know more than they're saying. But if they want their daughter back, why would they hide any information? Whatever it is, it must be something pretty awful...at least in their eyes.

Seeing Joan come out of the kitchen, Manhor waves at her to come over. When she does, he says to her, "Joan, there's something very odd going on here other than the disappearance of a little girl. It seems that everyone here is under some suspicion, including Sara, Alden, you and the other girls, and of course all of the guests. Maybe the guards are just being overly thorough, but I just overheard their leader tell them to search ALL of the rooms in this place. What's going on?"

traesin
02-02-2010, 03:26 AM
(Kain) The guard you are talking to, turns his head and looks at you for a moment then turns back to watch the search continue. "We haven't found any yet. But don't worry, we will. I'm sure will find her."

(Aram) After a few feet into the farmer's market, You lose the scent among the other smells of the farmer's market.

(Manhor) Joan puts down a mug of watered down ale in front of you. "I don't know. Sara wouldn't look me in the eye when I was talking to her about it. Something isn't right about what is going on. I hope the guards are just being over cautious."

(Tam) you follow Aram into the farmer's market and then he seem to stop.

sahelfootball82
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
As Aram gets into the farmer's market the smell is quickly lost in the overwhelming barrage of smells from all the foods in close proximity. Walking around a little he hopes to find some trace of it but within the confines of the market he just can't pick it out.

Why could I not have known earlier? I could have been through here before everybody had come and all these smells had congregated. Now I'm stuck with a weak scent lost among this sea of strong smells. Aram sighs. And of course I'm the only person that could track that smell. But at least I know they came through here. Maybe someone that was here early this morning to set up saw them come through.

Turning to Tam I say in a somber tone, "I lost it. I know that those men came through here after they left the inn for what appears to be the second time last night, after their prowl around the outside. Unfortunately, with all the smells of the food I just can't single it out to follow it. I don't have any way to keep my eyes from being seen in a market this busy and people don't like to talk to someone who looks like they are almost as much monster as they may be person. I think our best bet might be for you to ask around the market to see if any of the early birds here saw anything, I'll wander around the outskirts, a ways away from all the smells of the market and see if I can catch the scent again wherever they left this area. What do you think?"

Arkhemedes
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Manhor tries to give Joan a reassuring grin and a nod as he says to her, "Yes, hopefully that is all. But I think I might take a stroll upstairs nevertheless, just to make sure the guards aren't being a bit too thorough in their inspections. I'm beginning to feel about as useful as a fifth wheel on a wagon, and I'd hate find out later that I could have been some help but I chose instead to sit on my keister all morning."

He takes a sip of the watered down ale, gives Joan a wink and says, "Thanks, love." Then he turns and heads upstairs to watch the guards as they search the rooms there. I'd also like to know what kinds of spells, if any, this apparent mage might be using to aid in their search.

Azar
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Kain asks the guard, "Well, may I help you search?"

mnemenoi
02-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Tam shrugs in agreement, he is starting to wonder about this elf and all his scents but he'll play along a bit further. He had spoken with those men in uniform and they had seemed decent folk, maybe it was some elf thing....


Tam starts toward the market area, looking over various goods and gauging the vendors for whom might have been set up that early in the morning. Usually they had better positions and had sold quite a bit, he could only hope they had not left already.

"Mornin freind, seems I had a few strangers pass through early this morn. They fergot ta settle up on sum credit and I'm wantin ta be sure they ain't forgot. Were a few o' em in military lookin outfits..." giving the various different merchants the same basic account and query.

traesin
02-03-2010, 08:48 AM
(Kain) The guard says "Not right now. We got things covered so far. But if we need ya we'll holler.")

(Tam) Most of the merchants you talk to don't remember seeing anyone that fits your description. About the time you were ready to give up, one merchant's older looking wife speaks up. "Oh yea. I saw one man like you describe. He was a real nice fellow. Spoke real kindly to me, like he was a gentleman. Asked if he could buy a cloak of me. Well I said Yes and handed a spare one over to him. He paid me double what it was worth. I told him so, but he said he was paying me for my kindness and the privilege of looking on my pretty face." She cackles a bit at this. "Like I said a real nice fellow."

(Manhor) You follow the guards and the robed man up stairs. They proceed down to the farthest point and enter a room and start searching. The robed man also enters the room and stands in the middle, pulls out a rod and slowly starts turning in a circle.

mnemenoi
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Tam nods with a smile, "Yeah, that's the fella fer sure. He's always treated me square which ez what set me off he might'a got cuaght up in sum sorta trubble. Be honest Ma'am I'm a heap worried and I think If i's ta find him I'd sure feel a world better," trying to draw out some additional info. "Ya know which way he lit out in and what shade cloak ya had fer im?" as he reaches into his leather jerkin and retries a pair of silver coins.

As Tam shakes his head sadly, "I'm a bit worried he might be caught up in all this and want ta be sure he ain't..." nodding to the guard's activity and fervor.

Arkhemedes
02-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Manhor nonchalantly tags along behind the guards, trying to find a face among them that might be willing to answer a few questions and the right opportunity to ask those questions. He relies on his keen sense of observation for this. When he feels he has located a suitable person (someone who appears to know some answers and yet is not sharp enough to realize when he's being pumped for those answers) and he feels the time is right, he uses his fast-talk ability and natural charisma to try and get the guard to open up to him.

He starts by buttering them up a bit. "What a shame it is, this girl disappearing and all. However, it is quite fortunate that the finest group of guards that I believe I've ever seen is on the case. I feel certain that if she can be located it is you gentlemen that will be the ones to find her. So thorough, well-organized and meticulous you are. It really is quite impressive. No, seriously, I mean that. It is a marvel to simply study your techniques of crime solving. Tell me, if I may be so bold, what is it that the man in robes uses that rod for? It appears that he is searching for something."

(Both need a 15 or less to succeed. Looks like I bombed on the fast-talking. Terrific.)

Azar
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Kain bows and says, "Yes... please do. I will most likely be at Aldens Inn. I wish you good luck, and may Tyr bring these beings to justice.I walk away and go find Tam. "He may know some about this place, I need to find some people who might know something. And if it's anybody, he'll know some."

Tlif
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Solinar hangs back, attempting to be discreet and observing events and looking for anything or anyone out of place.

Addicted2aa
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
ooc woops. did that backwards
tracking

traesin
02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
(Tam) The women sees you going for your purse and her eyes open wide. She licks her lips a bit and then looks you in the eye. "Well, let me see. He headed towards the well near the south corner of the Market towards the Caravan's area. The cloak I sold him was wool, gray in color. He said he needed a nice warm cloak. I don't know why you'd need a warm cloak in this nice weather. He was lucky I even had one one me. I hope this helps. He was such a nice man. I hope he's not in trouble"

(Azar) You head back towards the Inn when you think you see Aram wondering around the outside of the Farmer's market. He seems to have some propose in his steps.

(Aram) You are on the north side of the Farmer's Market. You still can't pick up the scent.

(Solinar) You watch the guards search one caravan after another. They don't seem to find anything and all the seem to accomplish is ticking off the Merchants.

(Manhor) The guard looks you with a scowl on his face, But after a few seconds of listening to you a smile creeps across his face and he puffs out his chest a bit. "Well of coarse we're the best you have ever seen. You can't have a caravan town with shoddy guards. No you can't. Lot of merchandise runs through this town and we haven't had any problems with a caravan getting lost. And about this Little lady, Well the Captain is certain we will find all the information we need right here in this Inn. That's way this elite unit was sent in here. Yep we will find the missing girl this time. Oh that Rod he's using?" His voice drops to a whisper. "Well to tell you the truth, I'm not sure what it does, but it always finds us a good lead to the culprits when he pulls it out. It some how "knows" who done it."

(Datu) You start your search. You run across tracks that you think might lead to something, only to be disappointed. Time seems to be crawling as you slowly search the outskirts of town. At times you can't see any individual tracks in the road. You notice people staring at you as you bend down to examine a leaf or a twig that might tell you something. Voices run together as you block them out to concentrate on you search. Kids run across your path with no regard to what you are doing. Dogs bark if you get to close to their masters yard. As you make you way around the last turn that would lead you to the Inn, you see something, it's not much, a small human foot print, possibly a girls, heading towards the cemetery.

Arkhemedes
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes, I'm sure. A rod of culprit locating. Why didn't I think of that? Looks like I'll have to try a more direct approach. Manhor smiles, and says to the guard, "Well, although I'm sure you won't need it, I do wish you the best of luck."

He then moves closer to the man in robes and simply asks him in the most affable manner possible, "Pardon me sir, but might I inquire as to what that rod does? Perhaps there is a spell I can cast that will enhance its effectiveness."

sahelfootball82
02-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Aram gets to the north side of the farmer's market and stops for a second to test the air.

Still nothing, he thinks to himself. I don't know if they went through here on purpose or not, but it certainly is working in their favor. But I will not give up, not yet. I wouldn't be able to look Daraen in the eyes again if I left her to die.

Steeling his resolve not to get discouraged he continues to make his way around the outer rim of the farmer's market, stopping now and again to make a more careful check of the air any time he thinks he might have caught a whiff of something.

I hope you are having better luck then I am, Tam.

traesin
02-07-2010, 03:30 AM
(Manhor) The Man in robes turns to look at you and in a very uppity manner says "Sir you are interfering in a official search. I do NOT need any assistance form you or anyone. Now leave this room or I will have you arrested!"

Arkhemedes
02-07-2010, 09:19 AM
"Alright, alright," Manhor says as he holds his hands up slightly. "No need to get upset. I'm leaving now." Manhor turns to walk away and head back downstairs.

Jerk...Well, it figures. That was a complete bust. Probably just a useless divining rod anyway. But I sure would like to take that rod and shove it up his ass. It might work better that way.

Addicted2aa
02-07-2010, 05:15 PM
After hours of pointless search in what he considered some of the most hostile terroritory he had ever tracked Datu had finally come back to his starting point. He was not expecting to find anything but the first time he find found promising tracks he had almost jumped in excitedment. He learned his mistake quickly, but not quick enough. Every trail was criss crossed with other tracks. There was simply too much commotion to find the delicate disturbances that he used to shadow quary through the jungle. It truly was a different world out here.
By the fifth false trail he had begun to give up hope, though he had stayed at his task with diligance. He had never given up in his life. That was no way to bring down a deer. A hunter who quit the hunt before he had eaten starved and starved quickly. So it was that as he comes back to the inn he still has his eyes turned to the ground. There, faint but visible is a small footprint, the type that would be left be a girl trying to be stealthy and quite as she snuck out at night. Perhaps he had caught a break after all. Marking the spot and the footprints direction in his head he heads back to the inn to see what anyone else has learned.

mnemenoi
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I draw out some silver and press it into her hand with a mischievous smile, "Been a treshure love, a treshure fer sure." He starts heading in the direction of the south gate, keeping an eye out for anyone he might recognize.

Azar
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Kain walks towards Aram and says, "Hail friend, have you seen Tam, I wanted to ask him something." he looks at Aram witha confused look, "Are you... smelling something?"

sahelfootball82
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
"Oh hello there, Kain. Tam is somewhere in the market asking if those men in black cloaks came through here early this morning. I was tracking them up to here but lost them in the market. That's why I'm searching around the perimeter. If you find Tam see if he has found anything out, I'd love to know where to go next and see if I can pick up the scent again." Once said I continue along the perimeter, searching for the scent again, continuing toward the south end of the farmer's market.

Tlif
02-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Solinar walks back to the inn. Just as I thought, she wasn't in the caravan. She must be around town or already gone with a small group. Though I suppose I am making more assumptions than my experience with these matters allows.

Addicted2aa
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Datu throws open the doors to the inn. His recent find has him excited even though the day's failures as well as his own experience as a hunter should keep him cautious that the footprint could be completely unrelated to the girl he is looking for. Still after hours of fruitless searching he can't keep his spirits down.
He burst into the room ready to share with his companions in the hunt. The inn greets him with silence though. A few heads turn his way but the only faces he knows are of the serving girls. "perhaps they have found leads as well. Maybe we shall return this family together before the day has have finished." Downhearted though he is to be alone with nothing to do but wait and stew in his own failures he tries to look on the happier side.
He moves to take a seat just as he sees Manhor descending the stares, looking perturbed. Concerned that he may have bad news Datu approaches. "Friend, Why has a cloud blocked the shine of your smile?"

traesin
02-09-2010, 02:56 AM
(Kain) As you are walking through the Farmer's Market, You see Tam heading towards to the South corner of the Market.

(Aram) As you round a corner towards the south, You see Tam heading towards the well at the south corner.

Arkhemedes
02-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Manhor, lost in his thoughts as he descends the stairs, sees Datu and smiles. "Oh," he says in response to his question. "It's nothing." Then looking around to make sure none of the guards overhear him. "It's just that I don't think the guards who are doing the investigation are all that competent. I don't think they have found anything yet. So, have you had any luck yourself?"

sahelfootball82
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Seeing Tam leaving the farmer's market it looks like he has found something. Aram hasn't been having any luck finding anything by just circling around the outside of the market so he runs to catch up to Ram.

Gods willing he has found something. Best at least remember where I left off just in case.

Making a mental note of where he had last been, Aram hurries to catch up with Tam.

mnemenoi
02-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Tam spots Aram moving through the crowd toward him, "Why fancy meetin ya 'ere.." with a grin. "I gots a lead," as he continues toward the southern end of the market.

Addicted2aa
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
"Perhaps. There was a footprint of correct size in the cemetery where one would not expect feet to have traveled but there are many others who could have left that print as I have learned today. I hope Kain or Solinar have seen more of Tymora's favor today than I have. I asked them to question the town and caravan guards, see if there was anything they might have missed. I would agree with you. The guard's here seem lazy and foolish. Such comes from living protected by walls. Enough of our troubles though. Have you seen Tam or Aram?"

Arkhemedes
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
"Not for some time," Manhor says. "I believe they left not long after you did, headed towards the farmer's market if I'm not mistaken. Although, to be honest, I could very well be mistaken as my head is still just a bit foggy from last night's activities."

traesin
02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
(Tam) As you are talking to Aram, You see Kain walking towards you. (hunting check please)

(Aram) Wisdom and Int. checks please.

Azar
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Kain follows Aram, "Hail friend, nice to see you here, so you got a lead huh? May I accompany you?" he bows his head in respect towards Tam.

Tlif
02-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Solinar enters the tavern. He sees Manhor and Datu talking. "Hope both of you has had more success than me. I didn't see much down at the caravan. Just some annoyed merchants."

Arkhemedes
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
"Well, Manhor says to Solinor. "I haven't had any luck. But Datu here found a footprint that he thinks might have been made by the girl."

traesin
02-12-2010, 02:45 AM
(Tam) You start looking around the Well area and notice that the ground is littered with footprints. You follow Aram's nose till you cross the south side of the road. Near one of the houses you spot a track of a military boot. It looks as though it was heading towards the cemetery.

(Aram) You start sniffing at the air and a very faint hint of the scent is there. It leads you towards the south side of the road that runs by the well near one of the houses and then you loose it.

(Kain) (roll a 20 sided please)
--- Merged from Double Post ---
(Manhor, Datu, Solinor) Joan comes out of the kitchen. "Do you fellows want anything?" She asks. She has a look on her face that suggests she wants to say something but dares not to.

sahelfootball82
02-12-2010, 03:05 AM
"Good to see you again...Kain was it? Feel free to tag along, Tam is searching for prints or anything like that and I'm looking for-"

Aram suddenly stiffens for a moment oblivious to whether Kain responded or not. He stops and begins to search the air more thoroughly, hoping he may have just found the trail again. After a few moments he is certain that he has found the scent again and begins to follow it along toward the south end of the road. The smell is very faint but moving slowly he is able to continue to follow it. Just as they near one of the houses, however he stops again.

"Shoot, I lost it again," he says, frustrated. "I mean I just had it two steps back, but now it's gone again. Must be something wafting over from the house that's disguising it. I'm sorry guys, I'm out for now. Any luck, Tam?" I ask, hopeful that he has found something, anything.

mnemenoi
02-12-2010, 06:03 AM
"Mornin again friend," as Kain follows along.

"Now thas mighty strange," as Tam points out the military bootprints leading ominously into the cemetery.

"I sure don't think they's got no kin dats passed in these parts, whatchall tink?" to Aram and Kain. "Best ta be gettin dem weapons at da ready, I ain't fer gettin jumped..." as he removes the peace tie on his saber.

Arkhemedes
02-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Manhor smiles at Joan. "Not for me, Love," he replies to her, then noticing the look on her face, he glances around to see if there are any guards or family members around. If there are, he takes her by the hand and slowly pulls her away to where no one can hear them and asks, "What is it? Is there something you want to say?"

traesin
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
(Manhor) Joan looks at you "I don't know if this helps or not, But Leena is not the first girl to go missing. About 6 months ago another girl went missing too. I don't remember he name. I'm not even sure if they are connected. But they never found any trace of her."

Arkhemedes
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
"Did she go missing from this inn," Manhor asks Joan, "or some place else? Is there anything else that you can think of that she had in common with Leena or the circumstances of her disappearance?"

traesin
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
(Manhor) Joan replies "No she didn't go missing from this Inn. She was at her Grandmother's house when she went missing. I don't know much else."

Arkhemedes
02-12-2010, 05:13 PM
"One more question then. Do you know where her grandmother's house is?"

sahelfootball82
02-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Tam advises that they ready their weapons before they continue any further, and Aram believes that he has a very good point. Reaching up over his right shoulder he grasps the hilt of the longsword held there and draws it, holding it ready for any attack.

I'm glad this man seems to have been able to find some tracks in the area, otherwise I could have spent forever looking without ever knowing where to go. Looks like there is something suspicious going on in the cemetery.

"Kain, I wouldn't mind an extra sword about now, but might we also want to let the others now? I leave the choice up to you whether or not you want to stay with us and give us aid of safety or whether you want to go back and inform the others of what we have found."

Azar
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Rolling a D20

traesin
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
(Manhor) Joan shakes her head. "No. I don't know where she lives."

Arkhemedes
02-14-2010, 08:16 AM
"Thank you, Joan," Manhor says as he gives her a reassuring smile and a slight pat on the shoulder. He then turns and walks over to Datu and Solinar. Then glancing around to make sure he is not overheard, he repeats to them everything that Joan just said to him. "I wonder how close this grandmother's house is to the cemetery. Just a hunch, I guess."

Tlif
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Solinar stands. "Well, lets go then. I hope we can get this wrapped up in due time."

Addicted2aa
02-17-2010, 09:04 PM
"Agreed. We have a direction and with a this information a greater reason to fear for Leena's safety. I fear we may not even have time to find Tam and Aram. We should leave word with a barmaid perhaps before proceeding down this path."

Arkhemedes
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
"Very well then. I will tell Joan where we are headed in case anyone asks." He then steps aside to tell Joan that three of them are headed in the direction of the cemetery or the general vicinity. With this done he returns to join Datu and Solinar. "Alright gentlemen, after you," he says to them.

Addicted2aa
02-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Datu nods, pulls his shield off his back and walks out the door towards the print he found, his yklwa loosely grasped in his other hand.

traesin
02-20-2010, 03:12 PM
(Aram) Kain looks at you "I'll stick with you till we get closer to the Inn." He then looses his peace ties.
(Aram and Tam) You follow intermittent boot prints heading towards the cemetery. Who ever left the prints was not worried about being followed. As you close in on the cemetery, You see off to your left another group of people who look like they are also heading towards the cemetery.

(Manhor, Datu, Solinar)
You follow the tiny footprint towards the cemetery. As you are going you see a small group of people heading towards the cemetery too.

Arkhemedes
02-20-2010, 04:10 PM
"Is that Aram, Tam and Kain I see over there?" Manhor asks his two companions. "I wonder if they have found something leading them to the cemetery as well. Let's go find out." Manhor heads directly towards the other three, waving his arm in recognition as he does so.

sahelfootball82
02-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Aram sees a group of people heading straight towards them. His first instinct is to raise his sword, but before he does so he recognizes who is in the group. Motioning to the other two with him he points out the other three on their way. Then, seeing that Manhor is waving at them, Aram waves back to let them know that they have been seen a known.

"Looks like we aren't the only ones suspicious of the cemetery," he says as the other group draws near.