PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons 3.5/Pathfinder

LyonHart
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I am in the process of forming a gaming group (D&D 3.5) that has a healthy mix of role-play and combat. One of the cornerstones of the campaign will be character development, and good role-play will advance the story and reward players. In other words, hack and slashers would not enjoy this game (but combat will absolutely be a critical component of the game). I would prefer to find players that are:

1. Age 21+;
2. Laid back and looking to have a fun game (no rules lawyers/people whose character enjoys killing other people's character);
3. Understanding that the real world has demands on our time as well, so the game would be held every other Friday evening (for example--Sundays are hard for me due to family--would want to discuss with the group what day/time works for all);
4. Looking to possibly create/join a group where everyone becomes friends (meaning we could all enjoy each other's company outside of the context of the game); a long term goal, but one worth pursuing, in my opinion;
5. Wanting a group that communicates well and has a DM that clearly communicates what kind of game he/she will run;

If you are looking for the same kind of game, I look forward to hearing from you. If the group is agreeable, we could implement Pathfinder rules, since that system actively supports the 3.5 rules.

Take care,
Adam

akela122301
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I would definitely be interested in such a game. Unfortunately, I am still in Wash. DC (I'm up here because of a sick relative). I should find out whether or not I'm staying for another year by the end of the month. I'm not asking for a reserved spot, though.

LyonHart
10-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Akela, let me know if/when you get back into town. I have gathered 3-4 good players so far...could use 1-2 more. Thanks for your interest.

akela122301
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Okay, I have discovered that I will be coming back to San Antonio by mid January. It'll take me about a month to get settled in, then I will try to join, if there is still space around the table.

Chris1983
05-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Gah, way back in 2009? Please tell me you're interested in running a Pathfinder game.