PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckling Adventures d20 Modified

Phloid
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
We are looking for one (maybe two) more players for a Swashbuckling Adventures game beginning some time in November and running every other Saturday evening at a private residence.

The rules system is a modified 3rd Edition d20. It features a dynamic, classless-character system, a Parry Roll for interesting fencing combat, and an easy a hit location system providing the chance of needing pirate prosthetics. Each player will have a printed copy of the rules changes.

The setting is Theh, the same world as the 7th Sea RPG and Swashbuckling Adventures both by AEG and I will be using sourcebooks from both games. It is a very detailed, fairly low magic, high adventure setting full of pirates, musketeers, and political intrigue. It is largely based on 17th and 18th century Europe, but it is not Earth so anything can happen.

The style will be 65% roleplaying with one or two interesting combats in most sessions. Most of my campaigns become very story and character oriented. Players will be asked to provide a background for use in the plots. All kinds of characters will be available, not just swordsmen.

If this sounds like a game you might be interested in, please send me a message and I'll get back to you. Thanks,

Nick

Phloid
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Game is currently full and should be kicking off here shortly. May need another player shortly. Will post if we need another player. Thanks.

Phloid
01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
One of our players has been unable to secure every other Saturday evening off of work to play in this game. We have an opening (or two) if anyone is interested in this awesome game.

Phloid
09-27-2010, 09:55 AM
We are looking to replace a player we lost due to a move and maintain our numbers as another player will not be available for month or two. Below is a little more info on the game. If you are interested, please PM me.

We are looking for one (maybe two) more players for a Swashbuckling Adventures game already in progress. It runs every other Saturday evening from 6 to about 11 at a private residence. Our next session is the 2nd of October and we play every other Saturday from then on. We sometimes play a make-up session if we have to miss one of our regular games.

The rules system is a modified 3rd Edition d20. It features a dynamic, classless-character system, a Parry Roll for interesting fencing combat, and an easy a hit location system. Each player will get a printed copy of the rules changes.

The setting is Theh, the same world as the 7th Sea RPG and Swashbuckling Adventures both by AEG and I use sourcebooks from both games. It is a very detailed, fairly low magic, high adventure setting full of pirates, musketeers, and political intrigue. It is largely based on 17th and 18th century Europe, but it is not Earth so anything can happen. The setting is currently in Vodacce, which is the Theah version of Italy, and is in a city modeled off Venice, thought travel will be involved at times.

The style is 75% roleplaying with combat absent in most sessions. Players will be asked to provide a character background for use in the plots. The campaign is very story and character oriented so be prepared for tough character decisions. All kinds of characters are available, not just swordsmen.

We are looking for someone who would be interested in this style of game. It is NOT a hack and slash sort of game and "power gamers" will not fit in with our group. That said, we are not super serious at the table. We like to laugh and make jokes about the characters and situations, but that sort of thing stays out of character.

If this sounds like a game you might be interested in, please send me a message and I'll get back to you. Thanks,

Nick