PDA

View Full Version : This is real

michael
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Here is a sick adventure hook for a zombie horror game from RL.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/01/news/economy/_morgue/index.htm

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey michael... i couldn't agree more. What a great place to start the zombie infection/outbreak. I've already had about 5 great ideas from this already.

Thoth needs undead smileys...needs...undead...smileys.

WhiteTiger
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow... that's really sad.

I have to agree with y`all though. It sure makes for some nasty ideas for an undead campaign.. whether it's D&D or World of Darkness. :evil::rip::scared:

Soft Serve
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Holy Diver.

This instantly made me think of when Left 4 Dead came out and I realized it was set in Pennsylvania (Where I lived at the time.) And then again when I heard of Left 4 Dead 2 (Set in Louisiana and Georgia, one of the levels is on a bridge within walking distance of my first house there.) The zombie apocalypse is following me. But I don't see why they can't add one in Detriot if it's that bad there.

Arkhemedes
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Good grief! How moronic is that?! They can't afford to pay for the burials but apparently they can afford the cost of keeping the bodies refrigerated. I say just dig a big hole and dump the bodies in it. People pay way too much time and effort these days on trying to dress up dead bodies and make them comfortable. Well here's a news flash people: these bodies - they're no longer being used BECAUSE THEY'RE DEAD!

Oooh. Now there's a cool campaign idea: Zombies rising up from a mass grave because some disrespectful, uncaring, insensitive bastard didn't give a rat's ass about them!

Sneaksta
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Hairy's Slab Shack! keeping 'em on ice till we celebrate the new budget year :)

But REALLy, come-on! if they are not claimed or identified within 90 days, donate them to med schools... they need all the stiff's they can get.

Marley117
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Only problem is as soon as they did either of those things, peoples will start suing. You know they will >_>

michael
10-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome to America in 2009. Will 2010 be any better?

It would be a sweet adventure hook if those corpses did start getting up and demanding a proper burial.. or demanding brains..

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Only problem is as soon as they did either of those things, peoples will start suing. You know they will >_>

You're right. Everyone seems to be looking for their *legal* lottery ticket. Sad.

Marley117
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM
PSh, I am already convinced that 2012 is going to end with Zombies. It even says so in the Bible...there are like 3 instances of blatent Zombie-ism in the Bible. Jesus...is a zombie. Plus the last book says the spirits shall be reunited with the body, and everyone shall rise again to face judgement.

Sounds like a zombie apocolypse to me.

Banshee
11-01-2009, 01:44 AM
That's awesome. Terrifying, but awesome! Well, as the Zombie Survival Handbook says, get your gear ready- an outbreak can occur at any time, and you don't want to be caught unaware.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Marley117
11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Yea i'm saving to buy a gun :P

Soft Serve
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
That's awesome. Terrifying, but awesome! Well, as the Zombie Survival Handbook says, get your gear ready- an outbreak can occur at any time, and you don't want to be caught unaware.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Short hair and tight clothes describes me. I'm wearing a size 5 in womens pants right now...

Marley117
11-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I am around there somewhere, but a bit more cus of muscle. Seriously...it is kinda sad. I have been working out ever since I read that book. My paranoia has kept me in shape :P

Soft Serve
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I am around there somewhere, but a bit more cus of muscle. Seriously...it is kinda sad. I have been working out ever since I read that book. My paranoia has kept me in shape :P

Yeah me too. I never looked better than right after I read that book...

I should probably read it one more time...

Marley117
11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Well I guess it pays to be better safe than sorry. Just don't use the excuse "I'm prepairing for the Zombie Apolcalypse" When asked why you suddenly decided to up your work outs. It would be nice to spread awareness....but most people will just call you crazy and, since I work at a gym, i'd prolly lose my job :P

Soft Serve
11-14-2009, 12:29 PM
HA I work at Gamestop. I'd probably lose my job if I told them I worked out.