PDA

View Full Version : dark heresy

crustbucket
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM
anyone interested in playing dark heresy? i plan to run the published adventures starting with shattered hope then illumination and the haarlock trilogy.

who: 3 to 4 players*
what: mix of investigation, horror, and combat
when: sundays, biweekly, 6pm to 10ish eastern time
where: gametable (free), ventrilo, skype, or yahoo for talkie talk (all free)
why: to serve the Imperium

first session will be character creation and some get to know each other time with some adventuring if time permits.

*disclaimer: mature players only (due to the nature of the setting and my own personal use of excessive violence and gore- think the beach landing in "Saving Private Ryan", realistic not gratuitous).

Machquade
10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I think I might be interested. I've never played it online before, but theres a first for everything right? :)

But if I'm going to do it, I'd like it to be every sunday, rather than every other. Is that possible?

florent
10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey,

I'd love to get on board that one ! I'm a newbie to DH but I have the main book. Time works for me, periodicity as well (I could also do weekly if need be, like Marchquade mentioned).

I can also contribute free ItableTop access to the table if you want to add video/conferencing to the game. I have a subscription that allows to invite up to 10 other players (they don't have to pay): http://www.itabletop.com/

Let me know !

crustbucket
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
hey guys,
every sunday works for me.
i'll check out itable tonight. i'm not fond of the video thing but if you guys would rather use that and it's as easy as gametable, i wouldnt mind using it. do you guys want to start this sunday with just the two of you or would you rather wait for at least a third member?

florent
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm cool either way,

and I'm available this Sunday no prob.

I'm not stuck on ItableTop, it was just and idea and I have access to it. Otherwise I also have Teamspeak and a Ventrilo servers with good bandwidth.

As far as VTT tool, have you considered Maptool ? It's been my favorite so far and someone started a Framework for it which allows to automate the attacks. I could show it to you and you could decide whether you want ot use that or not. The Framework is not finished, but I could work on it if you're interested.

florent
10-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello,

are we on for character creation on Sunday ?

crustbucket
10-14-2009, 04:02 PM
not sure, still waiting to hear from machquade.

WingZeroX
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey can I join? I played DH back before I went on leave and I have the basic idea of how to play. Also still got my old character sheet.

florent
10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah !

A third player ! Maybe we can get that going soon ?

crustbucket
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
youre absolutely welcome to join wingzero. how does this sunday (25th) sound to start char creation?

florent
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi,

something came up, and although I'm very interested in playing with you guys, I'll only be available 6pm to 8pm (maybe 9pm, will know soon) for a few weeks, after that I'll be able to go the full length. I'm sorry about that, hopefully we'll be able to work it out.

crustbucket
10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
that's fine with me. anyone else?

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
any openings left in the emperors holy light?

crustbucket
10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
yep, youre welcome to join. i will log into the chat room here sunday (oct 25) at 6pm (eastern) and we can try to get started. if not enough can make it, we'll try for next sunday.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-23-2009, 06:53 PM
sweet.

Bombernoy
10-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Id be down to join a dh that ran sundays. My current group just kinda fell apart for a while, and I love the game.

florent
10-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi CrustBucket,

is this game going to be Chat-based only or using audio ?

crustbucket
10-24-2009, 10:29 AM
it will use audio. i just figured everyone could meet here first while we get the audio set up.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Id be down to join a dh that ran sundays. My current group just kinda fell apart for a while, and I love the game.

cool, see ya then,

Bombernoy
10-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Just for knowings sake, will we be using the rules word for word from the book, or house rules? I only ask because some groups give predetermined stats +wealth, some have you roll then assign, and some just do it the way it was intended to be done(aka by the book).

florent
10-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Ok,

that sounds good ! I will be there on the PnPG chat tomorrow around 6pm EST, until 9pm max.

See ya !

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah i'll be there to.. Looking forward to burning some heretics!
well so far we have 3 melee based characters a guardsman, assassin, and a cleric.. Florent hope you decide to join us next time, still not sure what you would like to play.

WingZeroX
10-26-2009, 05:44 AM
gahh! sorry I couldnt be there! I had to deal with somethings for the military. Anyway I'll try to be there. I still have me old character sheet from my friends game. If you take a look at it can I still use him?

florent
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Sorry guys,

I had some technical problems yesterday ! Since you guys have mostly Melee based character, what would be the most useful for me to create as a character ? If possible I'd like to complete whatever would be missing to the group. Also, since I won't be able to play more than 2 hours (6pm-8pm EST) for a few Sundays in the near future, it could be useful to have a more "intellectual" character that could just fade out during fights :)

Crustbucket: I can create the character on my own, and I'll send you the dice results via "Securedice": http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

I'll just need your email address so that Securedice sends you re results by email (please PM me your email address, I don't believe I have it already).

Thanks !

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Maybe an Arbitrator, scum, or tech priest.. i think a tech priest would be nice to have, since where heading down into a mine, so there might be machines or other tech devices? Plus i belive a tech priest can use a bolter early on in the game.. And we are lacking any kind of range combat..
Just my 2 cents thou..

crustbucket
10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
hey everyone,
i had a good time sunday. just to let everyone know, i got my maptool to work, although i'm not exactly sure how, so we'll see if it stays. but, i have a feeling it will stop working once i reboot. if it won't work and no one else can host, we'll try to do mapless and see how that works.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Cool... Can you post a quick list of what was available threw the quarter master? if you want to test out the map tools let me know.. maybe we can get the thing to work by next game?

crustbucket
10-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Cool... Can you post a quick list of what was available threw the quarter master? if you want to test out the map tools let me know.. maybe we can get the thing to work by next game?

other than what was already mentioned, we'll have to wait until the next session as it will depend on rp'ing (and perhaps a few skill tests) as to what exactly is available.

i am available at a little after 8pm (eastern) tonight if you want to give maptool a test run. i'll have my skype on in case you are available.

TheOneBigOne
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I would like to be considered as an alternate player (not able to commit to every sunday). I GM fridays but could find time sundays from time to time.

vulgarshudder
10-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Are there still any spaces left?

Bombernoy
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure we still have slots.

florent
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I created my character: Tech Priest, able to do some Ranged fighting. I'll send you the CS asap by email.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
hey florent, i think where going to try and play sunday, hope your able to make it for a few hours.. we played a little bit last sunday, but you didnt miss much.
we where all on the way to revive training for the inquisition, a problem developed on near by planet so we got redirected to solve the problem..
so far we found that a mine on the planet was shut down do to some strange events. and we need to go down to find out what happened.

crustbucket
10-29-2009, 03:25 PM
hey everyone,

it seems like my maptool is working fine so we'll be using that this sunday. if you havent yet, get version 1.3.b60. you can set whatever macros you need and if you want to get the token tool too, you can make your own token as well.

florent- i got your character. looks good.
bombernoy- is shiv planning on stickin' with us or was he just filling in?
wingzero- see ya this sunday?
genetic jackhammer- see ya this sunday.
theonebigone and vulgarshudder- depending on bombernoys reply, there may be an opening. until then, i will put you down as alts.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
cool, i just finished most of my marcos for the game...

crustbucket
11-11-2009, 06:38 PM
just a reminder that our next session will be this sunday at 6pm eastern.
hey vulgarshudder and the big one, you are welcome to join if you want. just pm me and i'll send you the details for char gen.

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-11-2009, 10:11 PM
i still thing we need to replace the silly french canigit.

florent
11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
"silly French Canigit" ?

Eryiedes
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Canigit=Knight

(Get It?)
(It's a Monty Python thing)

Peace & Light

crustbucket
11-19-2009, 07:33 PM
hey everyone,
our next session is this sunday, we have two open spaces if anyone else would like to join. we will be starting the next adventure so this is a good jumping on point. pm for char creation details if interested.

florent
11-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Crustbucket,

I'll be there, with the same time constaints I'm afraid. Did you get the Dark Heresy Framework for Maptool I sent you ?

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-21-2009, 12:25 PM
question are we able to buy A Contact from the inquisitors hand book(pg 220) with our experience points? since we are in between stories, and i assume we have time to buy gear, and finish our inquisitor training.

w.holmes
11-21-2009, 11:27 PM
i would like to join, i have the main rulebook and have already created a character for another DH game i play

crustbucket
11-22-2009, 01:54 AM
hey holmes,
you're welcome to join. just meet me on here on the chat Sunday at about 5:45(eastern) and we'll get you up to speed. if you can't make this week or don't see this post in time, we will probably play again next week.

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-22-2009, 04:35 AM
its come to my attention that i have a family dinner tomorrow, that i though was going to be next week. so i will be unable to make the game this week, sorry.

crustbucket
11-22-2009, 11:36 AM
ok. in light of genetic having to miss this week and possibly bringing in a new player, i've decided to hold off until next week so we can all have a fresh start. so, see ya next week.

florent, i did get that data framework you sent and hopefully i'll be up to speed with it by the next session. thanks.

florent
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Got it,

I actually have a newer version I can forward to you (from Rolph), and he has included the "Illumination" maps and tokens he has created in it. Not sure what adventure you're preparing, but those maps and tokens could be useful. I'm sending it to you (to Genetic as well).

Genetic: sorry about PMing you, I didn't get notified about Crust' last message

TTY next Sunday

PS: Lyra took a WS advance with her XPs.

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
still no answer bout using exp to buy contacts? Must purge the heretic.... FIRE!!!

shawnku
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
do you guys still need another player? because i am so interested.

shoot me an email: staret1@gmail.com or just reply i guess :D

crustbucket
11-25-2009, 04:17 PM
do you guys still need another player? because i am so interested.

sure, theres one spot left. just meet me here in the chat room at about 5:45 pm eastern sunday to get you set up with maptools and stuff. as for a character, just make one by the book so you can get right into the action.
[quote=Genetic-Jackhammer;120668]still no answer bout using exp to buy contacts? Must purge the heretic.... FIRE!!!

i still have to look over the rules for that but probably.

florent
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome Shawnku !

FYI, we already have a nobleborn that's very deadly at close combat (he's got an eviscerator), and a Tech-Priest that's more into ranged fighting (when she doesn't jam that is...).

shawnku
11-25-2009, 05:40 PM
sorry, im a noob to this cummunity. .

it says i dont have premission to log onto chat?

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM
it's almost time.... BURN the heretic!!! BURN the heretic!! BURN the frenchy!!
oops i mean burn the heretic :P

w.holmes
11-30-2009, 09:04 PM
yea, but how much burning do you actually do, its more of dismembering and de-limbing. oh and getting blinded by blood ^_^

Genetic-Jackhammer
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
lol true, but after last game, i now have the flame weapon training... so i can use my flame thrower now ..:rolleyes::mad:

florent
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Is there such thing as Munchkin - Dark Heresy ?

Genetic-Jackhammer
12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
if there is sign me up!!!!!

florent
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm sure you'd fit right in ;)

Genetic-Jackhammer
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
ouch low blow from the frenchy..... off with your head!

w.holmes
12-01-2009, 06:27 PM
that would be epic

Genetic-Jackhammer
12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
so we ready for tomorrow? time to kill the grave robbers or question them.... then we should probably check out the wall!

w.holmes
12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
well if i remember correctly, someone already decapitated one of them... and we detained the other one for interrogation

EXoCiDe
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi, just got the DH core book a few days ago but can't find any players in my area. Learned about VTT just recently and would love to know if you guys still have any extra spot open! GMT -8, available most the week.

w0me
12-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey, I'm very interested in playing with you guys. I've plenty of DH experience but none online. im available tuesday, wednesday, friday and sunday from 5pm onwards (GMT+00)
I also must mention voice chat is a no-go for me and if that's too much hassle, that's ok.

I dont expect you to have room in this campaign although if you do 'yay', email me if you have space or start a new campaign and my schedule works for you. :)

email: crutzyxx@hotmail.com

crustbucket
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
this game has been put on hiatus.