PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy "Abscondi Astrum, Recidivus Astrum"

Bodlar
10-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I am in the planning stages of a Dark Heresy campaign. For many years I was an avid Warhammer 40k player and really love the universe and story surrounding the game. I've been a GM for 14 years and have run D&D 2nd/3rd, rifts, hackmaster, and vampire. I really want to run a sci-fi game and can't think of a more interesting, dark, and gritty setting than WH40k. Details about the campaign are still pretty loose and we wont get rolling until November, or maybe even just delay until January to avoid dealing with holiday schedules. I am posting this now to start meeting potential players and start getting a group together.

I am looking for players that are genuinely interested in just having a good time. RPGs are not serious business. I do not take my leisure time lightly as I don't get a whole lot of it. I have little patience for whining, rules lawyering, frequent disagreements, or general douchebagery :mad:. If you have a penchant for any of those qualities I suggest you look elsewhere for a game. Douchebagery is only acceptable as long as it's done in an entertaining fashion :lol:. It would also help that you are at least moderately familiar with the 40k universe, but not required.

I run interesting organic games that heavily involve the character's story lines. I keep the story a little loose so players have the freedom to change the game direction based on their actions. The rules are there to facilitate game play and if a rule hinders game play or the current situation it will get changed. If you are interested drop me a PM to set up a meeting and we can go from there.

-Brad

mohini
10-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm not familiar with the WH RPG, but I'm a quick study, and wouldn't mind taking a look. I love learning new systems. Let me know if you have room. :)

Bodlar
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm only vaguely familiar with the fantasy system, but from what I can tell there are similarities. You will probably manage just fine. Yay West Seattle! :cool:

HumAnoyd
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I am not all that familiar with WH40K outside the basics but I have a general knowledge of it. I have played a ton of different games over the years though and am fairly certain I could pick it up pretty quick. I also love character driven games like you are proposing.

Bodlar
10-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Works for me! Will be in touch. Glad to see more West Seattle in here.

taiwest
10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I live in Snoqualmie and am searching for a mature Dark Heresy game. I can get out to Alkai, however I will be overseas for 3 weeks and will not be able to start until early November. Please let me know if this may work for you.

Tai West

Bodlar
10-07-2009, 06:16 PM
All the way from Snoqualmie? Nice! As long as you are fine with making the trek I don't see a problem at all.

Bodlar
10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Still looking for a couple more players. PM me if you are interested!

Bodlar
01-27-2010, 10:27 AM
We've had a few sessions now and a couple players had to drop out due to life circumstances. Opening recruitment for this game again. Let me know if you are interested. We play every other Saturday from 2pm til when ever.

meadbelly
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello,

I'm interested in joining your group if there is still room left. I will confess that I am a complete newbie to the WH40K rpg system. And my only Warhammer experience is with a couple of computer games (not including WAR). I do, however, have a LOT of rpging experience both as player and admin, and I do love sci fi and dark settings. From your posts and what little I know of the WH40K world, I would be very interested in giving it a shot.

I am in Tukwila, not too far from West Seattle, so shouldn't have a problem making your sessions.

I look forward to hearing from you!