PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on WOTC's new D&D page ???

WhiteTiger
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Just curious to hear what people think of the new D&D page at WOTC .

yukonhorror
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
i liked the old one, but I hate change. seems like sensory overload.

WhiteTiger
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
well said, yukonhorror. I would have to agree with you on that one.

Valdar
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Looks like it's built more to sell product than to give me access to the D&DI features I'm paying for.

Notice that the Compendium (the reason I'm on the site 90 percent of the time, and the thing I'm shelling out seven GP a month for) is now accessible via a sidebar way down below the fold, rather than on a big shiny button above the fold (the "fold" is the bottom edge of a webpage that you can see without scrolling). Now just about everything above the fold is an ad.

Also, we're back to logging on via username rather than by e-mail address. Confusing on several levels.

Lastly, this:

Webpage error details

Line: 3
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.wizards.com/WebResource.axd?d=dPft1i43cEL96EcmHyXVXw2&t=633881237497730707

I don't hate change- sometimes I welcome it. Bad change, I don't welcome. Hopefully Wizards sells a few extra dragonlance novels with their new layout, but it's not doing it for me.

clint
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
I find it an improvement, particularly in the sidebar area.

Q-man
10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Its a web page, doesn't really help me get to what I need any more than their old page. Though I'll admit it looks nicer than the old page did.

I suppose I shouldn't say much about the layout since I use AdBlock (http://adblockplus.org/en/) to prevent them from showing up. This adjusts the sidebars so that all the links are back at the top, rather than making me scroll down.

Dark
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
The old one to me was far better than the new one.

Grimwell
10-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I always found the old page to be too cramped, with small text and a lot of busy information jammed in tightly. I like the use of space in this one better, and the concept of a landing page for DM's, Players, etc. As they continue to refine and revise the site, I expect that those sections will get better and better.

So for me V 1.0 is a visible improvement, easier on my eyes, and pointed in a direction I really like.

Cocoa
10-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I know it's WotC's prerogative to make any changes they wish, but I was sad to see that almost all of the art galleries are now subscriber only, and that the formerly free issues of Dragon/Dungeon are again for subscribers only.

As for the rest -- I'll get used to it. It's always been tricky to negotiate the website to find the tiny little detail that I know is there but can't figure out where it's been hidden or what sequence of clicks I have to do to find it.

TheYeti1775
10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't really go there often anymore.
Heck when they changed to Gleemax it was the beginning of me not going there often. Nowadays I think I change the oil in the truck more often.